NT let’s get sober together

Damn bros I need this. Have the next 2 days off from work and want a beer right now but haven’t. I only drink when I don’t work the next day. Once per week.

I never drank. Played sports. Crushed it in life. I got married. Started drinking. Haven’t stopped in about 6-7 years. Gained a lot of weight. Stopped learning. Stopped working out. A lot of it can be blamed on drinking. It makes me foggy and I feel like crap after so can’t hit the gym after I drink. Even if I only have a couple.

Wishing you homies the best. I haven’t had a drink since August 16. Usually don’t drink though.

I don’t understand how socially acceptable drinking is and how engrained in our culture it is. It’s pretty bad for you in more ways than one. Wish blowing trees would be more accepted. One day...

Speaking of realizing how much people drink, if I go to a local pub for just food, and order just an ice tea or coke or something with the meal, I feel like the server will mean mug like , “you ain’t going to get a beer or two”
They probly just tell you bout the drink specials for the day and to flip over the menu for the alcohol selection :lol: :smh:

Aight guys. Ima need ya to not give up on drinking.

We just moving into adulthood and tryna be moderate.
I’m in liquor sales so I just appreciate you keeping on with the drinks.

:smile:

I feel good. My mother is in town and she just made a Bloody Mary. She asked me if I wanted one and I said no.

I came outside to water the garden the neighbors were out there, I thought I was strong enough shoot the **** with them...they pulled out an 12 pack king of the hill style tellin stories n stuff.

Speaking of realizing how much people drink, if I go to a local pub for just food, and order just an ice tea or coke or something with the meal, I feel like the server will mean mug like , “you ain’t going to get a beer or two”

No way man. As I said earlier I don’t drink during the week and still go out to dinner with my boys. No bartender or server has ever said a word!

Failed myself and this thread. Smashed 3 beers and a 24oz

You’ll be aight. Tomorrow will be better.

I’ve got 3 back to back weddings coming up the rest of the weekends this month/October. I already know what the peer pressure will be like but I’m trying to make a promise to myself to stick to the plan.

I wish nothing but the best to my NT fam who is trying to be/stay clean.

I cant do it. Every tues and thurs my lawyer buddies and I meet up at our pub at 1pm and stay till 7pm. Have lunch then hit the beers and sometimes shots (not often on the shots though bc Im not really a fan of hard liquor). That doesnt include the drinking me and wifey do on weekends. Not good but its the lifestyle I’m in. I dont feel the urge to drink on days I dont go so I wouldnt say I’m dependent on it.

Then what sucks is the work events that have alcohol all over and you dont deny a drink bc you dont want to seem like a dweeb.

Oh well. Maybe in a few yrs when I get older, I’ll say I’ve had enough.

I’m not even close to a lawyer but we got a big *** fridge full of beer at work. :lol:

It’s fine, when I was new they didn’t know I didn’t drink and would always offer me beers but now they don’t but it’s not like anyone clowns me.

Just because you don’t want to drink doesn’t mean you can’t kick it with people who are. You don’t need to be all high and mighty. I’m not here to preach or judge.

Been two years no alcohol now. Most time I’ve gone in life since I started drinking at way to early age. Drinking to young screwed over ever drinking responsibly in life. No hangovers is nice, more money, no looking at the phone after finding it from night before and cringing at the **** I was sayin, no dealing with a bunch of problems I created while I was being out of control lol I kinda had to or I’d ruin my whole life

Wanted to check in and see how you’re all doing after a month.

I had 4 drinks at a wedding a few weeks back. Not pleased with it because I had told myself I’d try to maintain stone cold sobriety for as long as possible, but ultimately 4 drinks over 6-7 hours wasn’t that much and learning to practice moderation is as important as abstinence so I’m ok with it.

How are you guys doing?

Back
Top Bottom