NT, recommend me a book to read

I just finished The Kite Runner I know I'm mad late but next on my list is Have A Little Faith

I wish NT book club would start up again

Gun with occasional music. By jonathon lethem.

book is mind blowing.

scary too.

Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon

favorite book I ever read

currently reading The Invisible Man

Water for Elephants

It's worth the hassle of going to the book store and/or making the trek to the library.

Krak.JPG

Kind of a different topic, but I'm currently writing an argumentative paper on the Canterbury Tales (not very good because of procrastination).I'm just wondering if anyone else has read The Canterbury Tales. It's in Middle English which makes it kinda hard to read, but if I had moretime, I think it'd be a pretty interesting read.

Someone started one of these pretty recently that received a decent response; you'll probably find some ideas there: http://niketalk.com/topic/204425?page=1

As for me:

Finished this week:

When the Game was Ours byJackie MacMullan
Finishing tonight: Searching for Whitopia: An Improbable Journey to theHeart of White America by Rich Benjamin
Next up: Whatever It Takes: Geoffrey Canada's Quest to ChangeHarlem and America by Paul Tough

Recently finished:
Belonging: A Culture ofPlace by bell hooks
Deer Hunting with Jesus: Dispatches from America's ClassWar by Joe Bageant
In Defense of Animals ed. Peter Singer

The World is Flat - Thomas Friedman

Talks about globalization and modernization. Very interesting stuff and very enlightening about how the world is evolving and the forces at hand that areshaping the way we do things around the world. Peep it.

Lupe and Michael Ealy came to my school yesterday for The People Speak college tour. They were promoting a documentary based on Howard Zinn's APeople's History of the United States. I am thinking about picking it up.

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
2d9xqc8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom