NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Been a while since I updated this thread.
The last job was a fallout but I got a couple of good job leads (wish me luck again folks). Also, just started on a new venture project and slowly but surely it's getting there.

Lastly, gonna finally have a vacation for once (been grinding non-stop for as long as I can remember), real excited to see what plays out in the next couple of months.
Another update, been a while.
Working part time at this company for now. Been grinding and getting all the skills I need. Trying to get a second gig at the moment.

My "vacation" parlayed into something more, but I'm still going to try to enjoy myself (pause) even if it isn't a full on vacation, just as I planned.

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Been a while since I updated this thread.
The last job was a fallout but I got a couple of good job leads (wish me luck again folks). Also, just started on a new venture project and slowly but surely it's getting there.

Lastly, gonna finally have a vacation for once (been grinding non-stop for as long as I can remember), real excited to see what plays out in the next couple of months.
Another update, been a while.
Working part time at this company for now. Been grinding and getting all the skills I need. Trying to get a second gig at the moment.

My "vacation" parlayed into something more, but I'm still going to try to enjoy myself (pause) even if it isn't a full on vacation, just as I planned.

Just talked to my man from high-school. Son makes videos for local rappers and he's tryna get more creative/artsy with it. Said he needs an idea guy and that's me all the way. Weregonna link up tonight. This'll be my first jump into filmmaking so I'm pretty excited.

I'm really feeling this thread. I've had a tough week and this is reallyhelin me see the positive in everything!

Too many typos from this nexus lol

Just talked to my man from high-school. Son makes videos for local rappers and he's tryna get more creative/artsy with it. Said he needs an idea guy and that's me all the way. Weregonna link up tonight. This'll be my first jump into filmmaking so I'm pretty excited.

I'm really feeling this thread. I've had a tough week and this is reallyhelin me see the positive in everything!

Too many typos from this nexus lol

i just wanted to contribute to this great thread.

last year i seriously felt worthless and not good enough. being unemployed, living with my wife's parents, and having no clue where my future was going had me scared, angry, depressed, worried. i was on my own since age 18.

now i'm 31, married for two years and unemployed for two years. i just finished my master of accountancy (12 month program), took all four sections of the cpa exams in july and august, and now i'm waiting on scores and i have two interviews next week for internships in the spring. i've done more work academically in the past year than i did my entire life. my only regret was skipping classes in college and thinking i was smart enough to cram the night before. the way i feel today is a complete 180 from last year.

i finally grew up and admitted to myself that i was lazy. i was afraid of trying and failing, so i didnt even bother trying. nothing feels better than putting in hard work and reaping the rewards. if any of yall going through some tough +#% right now, my advice is to stay sober. put down the bottle and dont take that hit when times are bad. trust me on this. tell your friends "i'm not going out tonight". don't even give them a reason. just do YOU. ive literally spent tens of thousands on clubbing and drinking and smoking. when i was broker than a joke, in extreme debt, and borrowing money from family, i was getting high everyday to avoid responsibility. how idiotic was i to be broke/in debt and buying weed with money i borrowed?! now that ive gotten my life back on track, i tell you what....nothing is better than enjoying a drink or a smoke when you're in a happy state of mind. with your own money.

good luck to everyone.
this is an old article on working hard and achieving greatness http://money.cnn.com/maga.../10/30/8391794/index.htm
this is an even older article on why we are afraid to succeed http://money.cnn.com/maga...6/07/08/214330/index.htm

last year i seriously felt worthless and not good enough. being unemployed, living with my wife's parents, and having no clue where my future was going had me scared, angry, depressed, worried. i was on my own since age 18.

now i'm 31, married for two years and unemployed for two years. i just finished my master of accountancy (12 month program), took all four sections of the cpa exams in july and august, and now i'm waiting on scores and i have two interviews next week for internships in the spring. i've done more work academically in the past year than i did my entire life. my only regret was skipping classes in college and thinking i was smart enough to cram the night before. the way i feel today is a complete 180 from last year.

i finally grew up and admitted to myself that i was lazy. i was afraid of trying and failing, so i didnt even bother trying. nothing feels better than putting in hard work and reaping the rewards. if any of yall going through some tough +#% right now, my advice is to stay sober. put down the bottle and dont take that hit when times are bad. trust me on this. tell your friends "i'm not going out tonight". don't even give them a reason. just do YOU. ive literally spent tens of thousands on clubbing and drinking and smoking. when i was broker than a joke, in extreme debt, and borrowing money from family, i was getting high everyday to avoid responsibility. how idiotic was i to be broke/in debt and buying weed with money i borrowed?! now that ive gotten my life back on track, i tell you what....nothing is better than enjoying a drink or a smoke when you're in a happy state of mind. with your own money.

good luck to everyone.
this is an old article on working hard and achieving greatness http://money.cnn.com/maga.../10/30/8391794/index.htm
this is an even older article on why we are afraid to succeed http://money.cnn.com/maga...6/07/08/214330/index.htm

Got a promotion after 6 months
pimp.gif

Gonna be a manager after another 6
smile.gif

Probably not what I want to do as a career, but it's definitely something that looks good on a resume and the pay is nice.

Got a promotion after 6 months
pimp.gif

Gonna be a manager after another 6
smile.gif

Probably not what I want to do as a career, but it's definitely something that looks good on a resume and the pay is nice.

SOOOOO...

my older brother just called me and told me he got a 10$/HOUR raise...

i was like
eek.gif
eek.gif

son went from 19$ to 29$...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SOOOOO...

my older brother just called me and told me he got a 10$/HOUR raise...

i was like
eek.gif
eek.gif

son went from 19$ to 29$...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chickhien

good luck to everyone.

pimp.gif
   good post....will read again for reassurance.........

Originally Posted by chickhien

good luck to everyone.

pimp.gif
   good post....will read again for reassurance.........

just wanted to contribute. God definitely gives me strength to do ALL that i want to do in my life. im feeling very positive right now...i got a midterm tomorrow that i just started studying last night but i'm feeling real good about it. and just life in general..ive been blessed with an amazing girlfriend...and im still waiting for more blessings to come. i wish you guys nothing but good things happening in yall lives stay up God bless.

just wanted to contribute. God definitely gives me strength to do ALL that i want to do in my life. im feeling very positive right now...i got a midterm tomorrow that i just started studying last night but i'm feeling real good about it. and just life in general..ive been blessed with an amazing girlfriend...and im still waiting for more blessings to come. i wish you guys nothing but good things happening in yall lives stay up God bless.

Feeling Super down. Tons of stuff going down. A little too private to put up on here. But have been reading the past pages and feel a bit better. Haven't been this down in a long time.

Feeling Super down. Tons of stuff going down. A little too private to put up on here. But have been reading the past pages and feel a bit better. Haven't been this down in a long time.

I gotta admit this thread has really helped me out. Right now im at the lowest ive ever been. i have been without a job for over a year now. No degree either. Ive been depressed stressed out crying and id never thought NT would be the place to help me out and make me feel better. Before i would never post in this thread and tell you guys my problem but after reading every single page and everyones story i feel good expressing my self. The job search has been tough but ive kept my faith with the big guy and know things will get better. Ive taken your guys advice about writing things down and it really has helped.Thank you guys for the advice and words of encouragement. I wish everyone the best and congratulate yu guys on the good things in your life and for those having a tough time just keep your head up be positive and have faith. Have a good day NT fam. Thanx again. God bless.

I gotta admit this thread has really helped me out. Right now im at the lowest ive ever been. i have been without a job for over a year now. No degree either. Ive been depressed stressed out crying and id never thought NT would be the place to help me out and make me feel better. Before i would never post in this thread and tell you guys my problem but after reading every single page and everyones story i feel good expressing my self. The job search has been tough but ive kept my faith with the big guy and know things will get better. Ive taken your guys advice about writing things down and it really has helped.Thank you guys for the advice and words of encouragement. I wish everyone the best and congratulate yu guys on the good things in your life and for those having a tough time just keep your head up be positive and have faith. Have a good day NT fam. Thanx again. God bless.

Got a nice promotion at work 3 months, but now we're facing layoffs
ohwell.gif
. Reading about layoffs in the financial sector hits close to home now, seeing some of my co-workers get the ax. I survived a few rounds, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before I get that pink slip. I'm trying to polish my resume, maybe take some classes, and apply to new jobs between now and the next wave of cuts (due in March). Trying to stay positive and proactive in the meantime.
Love the message in this song.

Got a nice promotion at work 3 months, but now we're facing layoffs
ohwell.gif
. Reading about layoffs in the financial sector hits close to home now, seeing some of my co-workers get the ax. I survived a few rounds, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before I get that pink slip. I'm trying to polish my resume, maybe take some classes, and apply to new jobs between now and the next wave of cuts (due in March). Trying to stay positive and proactive in the meantime.
Love the message in this song.

Back
Top Bottom