NT the charity appreciation

25iam47.jpg

yeah we @$+*! and moan about stupid ads by google, argue back and forth, smash and pass, yns, rip, drive m3's and all that, but at the end of the day, allthat bull *$%@#+%% and views count for something. Alot of people talk about it, NT is about it, good job folks.
Originally Posted by Method Man

Since someone always asks, here's a list of our previous donations:

Thank you for helping NikeTalk donate $19,000 to build a library in Nepal!
Thanks for helping NikeTalk donate $10,000 to the WWF to join the Amur Leopard Conservation Society!...
Thank you for helping NikeTalk donate $4,056 to Habitat for Humanity!
Thank you for helping Free The Children build a school in Kenya! ($17,204)
Thanks for helping NikeTalk allocate $6,820 to Kiva.org - now YOU can decide who we loan it to!
Thank you for helping NikeTalk donate $5,000 to Green For All! www.greenforall.org
Thank You for Helping NT Donate $2,768.60 to JDRF!
NikeTalk Donates $2,553 to the American Cancer Society
Thanks for helping NT donate over $2,000 to Operation Smile
Thanks to you, NikeTalk has just donated $3,656 to the UNCF!
Thank you for helping NT donate over $4,000 to Access Books!
Thank you for helping NikeTalk donate over $2,500 to UNICEF!
Though the announcement posts have since been lost, we also donated $2,907 to Gawad Kalinga and $3,908 to Ettie Lee Homes.

Again, that's a total of over $93,000 ($93,372.60 to be exact.) We still have enough time to break $100,000 by our 10th anniversary - but we'll need your help to get there.

Here are some additional updates regarding the End Dogfighting campaign I received today:
Recent News - Chicago

Michael Vick tells Chicago youth dogfighting is a dead end street: Watch our video.

Jeff's Pit Bull Training Team Journal: Read how some of Chicago's toughest men and dogs turn their lives around.

Slideshow of Our Pit Bull Training Team Stars: See the faces of End Dogfighting in Chicago's Austin and Englewood Pit Bull Training Teams.

Spotlight '10 - Save the Date - Chicagoans mark your calendars early for Spotlight Humane: Chicago 2010. This fabulous fundraiser for End Dogfighting in Chicago will take place on February 27, 2010.

Recent News - Atlanta

Dog Days of Summer: End Dogfighting in Atlanta's community event inspired and educated local pit bull owners on how to keep their dogs cool and happy in Atlanta's heat.

Amber's Pit Bull Training Team Journal: We're going on our second PBTT session. Watch us grow!

Spotlight Humane: Atlanta: Get your tickets for our October 17[sup]th[/sup] event while their hot! Atlanta's first annual gala will benefit the End Dogfighting in Atlanta campaign. Special guests include Hal Sparks, Wayne Pacelle, and Victoria Stillwell of Animal Planet's It's Me or the Dog.

*Like what you see? Help us help dogs and kids by donating to the End Dogfighting campaign. Every dollar counts!
I've been told another video is on the way soon. I'll share it with you as soon as it's up.

I thought our funds was on its way to the 100k mark? Or did you mean cumulative?
nerd.gif

I was referring to our total donations to date. I wish we had 100 grand stored up, but we tend to issue donations every few months and unfortunately the ad units we have in place aren't terribly high yield as we lack dedicated sales personnel. There have been a few occasions here and there where revenue reporting issues has created a backup. We try to turn that into a positive by using those funds to finance large projects like the school in Kenya or the upcoming library in Nepal.

Ad revenues being what they are, we're hoping to build interest in the apparel line as there's far more fund-raising potential there. Obviously 100% of your donation would go to charity if you simply gave directly, and that's what we encourage first and foremost in each of these threads. Not everyone's interested in doing that, though, so the apparel helps fill that void. You get something tangible out of it, it's totally voluntary and unintrusive, and one t-shirt allows us to make a far larger contribution than we could raise via advertising if you visited the site dozens of times per day for an entire year.

Back
Top Bottom