Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by GaryOak

Originally Posted by Manglor

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

When you were born was believing your choice? Or did someone tell you to believe? Superstitions ftl...
My choice.
Anton - You cant teach someone whos not willing to learn. Going to Church doesnt make you a Christian, by the way.

Dont sign your soul away to any religion. Sign your heart to God. A God that loves his childrens. 

So when he killed the first born children of everyone in egypt that was about loving children right?

Exodus:12:29-30 At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.

I'm sure you'll skip over this post tho since it does ask a valid question.

Once again, I believe in God, and am not bashing that story, and not anti-religion, but your missing the point.
Everyone knows that story man...that's not at all what he was asking you.

He's asking how is it right to kill children, and make people suffer, even if someone is doing wrong.

So God promotes the idea of an eye for an eye then? If someone harms a member of my family it's perfectly fine for me to go and kill his family in return?
I made a robot to go through a maze. I functioned it to always go left. But i also functioned it so it can choose where it wants to go even though it know that it needs to go left to pass the maze.
If he chooses a direction that isnt going to his left, I still have an answer to that direction to make it through the maze. It will be harder, though.

Do you really think all of this doing is only God? Have you forgot about Satan?
Why don't you just answer the question he's trying to ask instead of saying all this stuff man. 
laugh.gif

He's talking about that SPECIFIC example of God causing the plagues and killing the children. Those were innocent children that weren't the people that had enslaved God's people, but yet he killed him. Instead of striking down Pharaoh and freeing his people himself, he killed innocent children and ruined the lives of innocent people. How is that just?

You're just avoiding discussion by bringing up dumb little examples.
Are you serious? Honestly, are you serious?
Can you read?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I answered him on my first reply. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Read the Story of Moses, again. You really need to.

When you were born was believing your choice? Or did someone tell you to believe? Superstitions ftl...
My choice.
Anton - You cant teach someone whos not willing to learn. Going to Church doesnt make you a Christian, by the way.

Dont sign your soul away to any religion. Sign your heart to God. A God that loves his childrens. 

So when he killed the first born children of everyone in egypt that was about loving children right?

Exodus:12:29-30 At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.

Once again, I believe in God, and am not bashing that story, and not anti-religion, but your missing the point.

He's asking how is it right to kill children, and make people suffer, even if someone is doing wrong.

So God promotes the idea of an eye for an eye then? If someone harms a member of my family it's perfectly fine for me to go and kill his family in return?
I made a robot to go through a maze. I functioned it to always go left. But i also functioned it so it can choose where it wants to go even though it know that it needs to go left to pass the maze.
If he chooses a direction that isnt going to his left, I still have an answer to that direction to make it through the maze. It will be harder, though.

Why don't you just answer the question he's trying to ask instead of saying all this stuff man. 
laugh.gif

He's talking about that SPECIFIC example of God causing the plagues and killing the children. Those were innocent children that weren't the people that had enslaved God's people, but yet he killed him. Instead of striking down Pharaoh and freeing his people himself, he killed innocent children and ruined the lives of innocent people. How is that just?

Can you read?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My choice.

laugh.gif

Can you read?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You didn't answer #$!! son. You re-wrote a story I've known since I was 4 years old. How is telling us a story we've all heard, a story that was shown on the damn Rugrats when I was 6 years old. Retelling a story isn't answering #$!!. You're acting like some damn pastor. You're not better than anyone else, God loves all people, all he asks is that we be good people. He's not about to strike me down because I don't attend Church.

Get off your damn high horse like you're better than everyone because you accepted God. 

I know the story of Moses, I know the Bible.

What I'm saying is, no matter what the Pharaoh did, how is it just to kill children and torture people? I feel bad for you son. If God will resort to those tactics to get what he wants, then why can't I?

I fully comprehend the message behind this passage. But you don't understand what's being asked.

I'll pray for you. 

And I'm done with this topic, and not going to respond to your next post. You're thick-headed and don't want to listen to anything other than your view on this subject, NT doesn't need religious topics. 

My choice.

laugh.gif

Can you read?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You didn't answer #$!! son. You re-wrote a story I've known since I was 4 years old. How is telling us a story we've all heard, a story that was shown on the damn Rugrats when I was 6 years old. Retelling a story isn't answering #$!!. You're acting like some damn pastor. You're not better than anyone else, God loves all people, all he asks is that we be good people. He's not about to strike me down because I don't attend Church.

Get off your damn high horse like you're better than everyone because you accepted God. 

I know the story of Moses, I know the Bible.

What I'm saying is, no matter what the Pharaoh did, how is it just to kill children and torture people? I feel bad for you son. If God will resort to those tactics to get what he wants, then why can't I?

I fully comprehend the message behind this passage. But you don't understand what's being asked.

I'll pray for you. 

And I'm done with this topic, and not going to respond to your next post. You're thick-headed and don't want to listen to anything other than your view on this subject, NT doesn't need religious topics. 

God warned everyone about what will happen.
Pharaoh/servants didnt choose to listen.
Some did.
God gave them/us a choice.
It did matter what the pharaoh did.

Lets say he decided to free the people, none of this would've happened.
How can God kill/torture/punish is kinda like a father punishing his son but in a way, not really.
He created us, the heaven & the world. He can do what he wants. And even if he loves us, everything he does is/was a part of his plan.
He is a loving God. But he is also a God to fear.
Even if he has a plan layed (i know thats not a word) out for us, he lets us choose to follow the plan or not. Whichever way we choose, it will according to his plan.

This is basically my last post in here. I shared what i know/learned. The rest is up to yourselves.
Btw, im not on my high horse. The point of being a Christian is to be together with everyone.

God warned everyone about what will happen.
Pharaoh/servants didnt choose to listen.
Some did.
God gave them/us a choice.
It did matter what the pharaoh did.

Lets say he decided to free the people, none of this would've happened.
How can God kill/torture/punish is kinda like a father punishing his son but in a way, not really.
He created us, the heaven & the world. He can do what he wants. And even if he loves us, everything he does is/was a part of his plan.
He is a loving God. But he is also a God to fear.
Even if he has a plan layed (i know thats not a word) out for us, he lets us choose to follow the plan or not. Whichever way we choose, it will according to his plan.

This is basically my last post in here. I shared what i know/learned. The rest is up to yourselves.
Btw, im not on my high horse. The point of being a Christian is to be together with everyone.

There's a fundamental point in this thread that many brought up that you refuse to acknowledge. Are you Christian because you were born inherently Christian or are you Christian because you were born into a situation taught you to be Christian?

If you were born to Muslim parents, would you be a Christian?

Simple question.

There's a fundamental point in this thread that many brought up that you refuse to acknowledge. Are you Christian because you were born inherently Christian or are you Christian because you were born into a situation taught you to be Christian?

If you were born to Muslim parents, would you be a Christian?

Simple question.

Is there still time for me to remove the part of my brain that allows me to have logical views of this world? 

Is there still time for me to realize that there has never been a shred of evidence suggesting that god exists? 

Is there still time for me to somehow forget about how not only is there no god, but a world with a god would be a disastrous one?  If you think the world is %$!++* now, can you imagine how awful it would be if a god showed his/her face and everyone had to accept what a miserable failure he is? 

Is it too late for me to come to terms with how worthless the god that everyone adores now is? 

Is there still time for me to remove the part of my brain that allows me to have logical views of this world? 

Is there still time for me to realize that there has never been a shred of evidence suggesting that god exists? 

Is there still time for me to somehow forget about how not only is there no god, but a world with a god would be a disastrous one?  If you think the world is %$!++* now, can you imagine how awful it would be if a god showed his/her face and everyone had to accept what a miserable failure he is? 

Is it too late for me to come to terms with how worthless the god that everyone adores now is? 

My choice.

When you read the bible The Lord, LORD, GOD, Jesus are different titles for different people. The bible will confuse you if you believe that every time the title Lord is dropped they are referring to Jesus Christ. Sometimes Lord is a title for a principality. Much like today with the title of Lord and it's use in the commonwealth empire of Britain, or a local land lord or governor, his lordship...

My choice.

When you read the bible The Lord, LORD, GOD, Jesus are different titles for different people. The bible will confuse you if you believe that every time the title Lord is dropped they are referring to Jesus Christ. Sometimes Lord is a title for a principality. Much like today with the title of Lord and it's use in the commonwealth empire of Britain, or a local land lord or governor, his lordship...

So your logic is that god did that because of the pharoh's choice but then why would god kill the innocent first borns of the PRISONERS who were against the pharoh just like god and moses were?

Then how can you go on about god is love and god is perfect and god loves even those who do not believe?

Sure it's easy for you to sit there playing pokemon gold and worship god but what if you were that innocent man in prison because of the pharoh and your son was laying dead in the street? Would you be happy cause it's part of his master plan that you aren't worthy of knowing?Blaming god for bad things that happen is stupid, but so is god killing you're kid along with everyone else's to prove a point. I'm not perfect or all knowing but in that situation i would have i dunno maybe just killed the damn pharoh himself and NOT all those innocent kids.

You're god is a jerk.

So your logic is that god did that because of the pharoh's choice but then why would god kill the innocent first borns of the PRISONERS who were against the pharoh just like god and moses were?

Then how can you go on about god is love and god is perfect and god loves even those who do not believe?

Sure it's easy for you to sit there playing pokemon gold and worship god but what if you were that innocent man in prison because of the pharoh and your son was laying dead in the street? Would you be happy cause it's part of his master plan that you aren't worthy of knowing?Blaming god for bad things that happen is stupid, but so is god killing you're kid along with everyone else's to prove a point. I'm not perfect or all knowing but in that situation i would have i dunno maybe just killed the damn pharoh himself and NOT all those innocent kids.

You're god is a jerk.

You're god is a jerk.
God provided the Pharaoh with plenty of opportunities to stop that from happening.  If the Pharaoh hadn't reneged on his word 9 times, none of those things would have happened. Have you have ever been scolded or punished by a parent and they say it hurts them more than it hurts you?  They did what they did to teach you a lesson so that you might not do it again? Now multiply that by 7 billion...  I don't think that God takes pleasure in the acts that must be committed.

It is also written that all children will have entrance to Heaven.

In my faith I have questioned some things that I have seen happen, but at the end of the day its not up to me to accept or understand everything that goes down. I have faith that God has a plan and it is being worked...you don't have to agree, but don't bash dude so hard for giving yall the choice.

Back
Top Bottom