NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Anybody ever try this?
I have, pretty decent, but was kinda disappointed in it, especially considering the rest of the Russian River lineup.

Recently I got to try these two Double IPAs from Stone Brewing and Bear Republic. Great to say the least.

Can't go wrong with my native Filipino Beers :smokin

Any Vermonters in the thread? If so, Try Switchback's Porter. It is def a unique porter...sooo good! tried it yesterday at Table 24 in Rutland, Vt.

Enjoyed a Stillwater Beer Table Table Beer, Stillwater Premium and some New Belgium Frambozen on Thanksgiving.

Hit me up on Untappd: @troublebound (Phil Kellum) too. Love Untappd.

never drank beer... never could get past the taste.. am i missing anything?? i just smoke all day and from time to time get me a mixed drink

Had the Autumn Maple on Thanksgiving.
Was not impressed. Maybe it was a bad bottle.
Way too boozy. All I tasted was alcohol.
For the price point, I would expect a 10%er to not taste like a 10%er..
Also had the Anchor Steam 2012. I enjoyed that one quite a bit..

-J-

Had the Autumn Maple on Thanksgiving.
Was not impressed. Maybe it was a bad bottle.
Way too boozy. All I tasted was alcohol.
For the price point, I would expect a 10%er to not taste like a 10%er..
Also had the Anchor Steam 2012. I enjoyed that one quite a bit..

-J-

That is kind of wierd. I had the opposite reaction, I thought for the ABV that it was hidden pretty well. But yea, it is most definitely up there in price. I need to try that Anchor Steam Xmas beer. I love Anchor Steams stuff.

I was speaking to a co-worker this morning who tried it over the weekend also. He liked it a lot also.
I started to feel a bit under the weather on Thanksgiving night, so I think it might have affected my taste?

-J-

never drank beer... never could get past the taste.. am i missing anything?? i just smoke all day and from time to time get me a mixed drink

seriously missing out. My wife said the same thing--never drank beer before she met me because it all tasted the same to her and she didn't like it. Before she met me, she had only touched like Coors Light, Budweiser, natty ice...etc.:x

there's a whole world of beers out there...i'm tellin you, you're bound to find something you like.

tried a glass of this last night on tap - epic hopulent IPA, pretty tasty, doesn't overpower the palate even @ 8.4% ABV. I will keep an eye out for this one at retailers and grab a few bottles.

picked up a 6 pack of levitation ale, sipping that over the weekend. I think i'll try SN Torpedo IPA next week.

I haven't posted in here in awhile.. Some rambling ensues...

Finally had a chance to try some White Christmas by Sam Adams.. This is my type of Belgium white. Does anyone know if they sell this in a sixer or 12pack? I know the Winter Lager is available in those quantities.. The White Christmas stays true to the style and adds in that holiday feel with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Simply delicious. I doubt the others disappoint me either.. That Holiday/Winter case at Sam's Club for $23 is a bargain.
-------------
I also had a chance to go to BJs restaurant & brewery, that had just opened in the area... Very disappointed in their beers. And the food was even more mediocre. For the first time in all of the breweries I have visited from across the country, I did not find one I liked enough to buy a pint of.
-----------

Someone was talking about New Belgium Snow Day. I gotta say, NB beers in general have a certain aftertaste on almost every beer of theirs I tried that I can't pinpoint. But it's a taste that I can't stand. So far Fat Tire is undrinkable, Summersault is drinkable in small sips but still carries some weird off flavors, and Snow Day is just very strange. The only one I have found worth the $$$ thus far is their Red Hoptober seasonal. Think of a moderate to highly hopped Red Ale and that's your beer. Crystal/Caramel flavors galore..
-----------
Went by Trader Joe's the other day... I think I found a beer game replacement for Bud Light/PBR... Simpler Times Pilsner.. $4/6pack, and at 5.5% abv, it just has that basic corn type flavor.. It's just blah but will get the job done... I also spotted their 2012 Vintage Ale. Of all TJ beers, this one actually ranks quite high on BeerAdvocate... That one will be saved for next weekend
----------

Has anyone spotted Noche Buena by Dos Equis anywhere? I swear it should be out by now. I bought it in a variety pack last year. But so far, I haven't spotted it anywhere.. It's a respectable attempt at a Bock style. I call it a lite-bock.
----------

Went by the bar the other night and had some Left Hand Milk Stout on tap... I'm a soda drinker at heart as well, so the milk sugars here add that perfect balance to the coffee/chocolate flavors of a typical stout.. Guiness is not my sort of drink. But adding in that milk sugar for that bit of creaminess is just about perfect for my taste buds..

With pumpkin beers past us, I can move onto what appears to be a great winter selection of beers.. Cheers

I meant to post this a while ago but I never did. I bought a set of these just for ***** and gigs since I thought they were pretty funny.

tumblr_lz092egeV01qf2smbo1_500.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i heard it ain't even all that in italy tho..
nerd.gif

sick.gif
at that beer with bacon. that can't be good.
eh, i didn't like it this last time, flavor was off, maybe it was bc i drank it on an empty stomach.

trader joe's sells beer?
grin.gif

Walked in thinking ok i'm on a budget, I'll just grab a sixer of sierra nevada and keep my spending under $10 ....Nope :smh: I grabbed the sixer and started checking out the boxes they keep in a stack, cuz i know often they have limited releases that aren't on display, I see an open box and pull out vertical epic ale, I completely forgot about this, and I haven't tried any of the epic ale series ever so to say i'm excited is an understatement :lol:

i will for sure follow up on a post review on both :smokin

Back
Top Bottom