NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Does anyone know where I can find Southern Tier Pumpking in SoCal? I can't seem to find it anywhere. :smh:

As far as I know ST doesn't distribute to SoCal unless its collab brew. But someone else here correct me if i'm mistaken.

I'm going to hit up some local spots on the hunt for some winter ales. Founders Backwoods Bastard is back in stock at one of my spots. I missed out last time. Called in and had them save me a few bottles. :smokin

This weeks pick ups. The double AB is supposedly a limited release, pricey too @ $7.60 :x :x so it better be good :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
This weeks pick ups. The double AB is supposedly a limited release, pricey too @ $7.60 :x:x so it better be good :lol: :lol:

double bastard is really, really good. it hides the alcohol well. finished a whole bottle on my own in one sitting not realizing it's 12%abv :lol:

Maybe I got a bad batch, but I purchased a 6'er of these last night and was not pleased.  Terrible medicine aftertaste: 

Just tapped the keg of a fresh batch of oknovember fest ale.

Still semi green in flavor. It should clear up nicely. I hope some is left for thanksgiving. Color is quite amazing in person.
-------
I also spotted some Kennebunkport pumpkin ale. I'm usually not one for pumpkin beers. But this one is different. Almost no hop flavor , a very crisp malt character, and then as you swallow the beer, you get your spice favors. It's actually quite drinkable. Dare I say a spiced up light beer.

Here's a photo from awhile back when we picked some hops.

Anyone down to try a triple or quad hopped Ipa? The hops will go bad soon enough lol

Didn't really like the double bastard personally, the aftertaste actually made me feel nauseous once I got down to about half way past the red gargoyle >D . The color is also off in the pic, it's very pale - reddish actually.

I did get the chance to try Stone Levitation Ale on friday night, my spot had it on tap for $5, I haven't seen it carried at a retailer but I would recommend it if you like brown ales, it had a strong grape fruit and orange after taste, very good stuff.

post review on the self-righteous: This was ridiculously smooth. All of the stone brewery I've had thus far has been very hoppy flavored, this simply isn't, so it's nice to have something from them that wasn't just another hop explosion on the palate. instead more of a bold flavor, no bitterness, goes down very smooth. first black ale i've had. 8)

trade me. seriously.
Gotta say...maybe it's because I'm not a big bourbon drinker, but I'm not entirely thrilled on it. I'm finishing up the first of the 4-pack right now and I'm cellaring the rest.  But real talk: if you can get your hands on that Ruination with Habanero, Stone Mint Chocolate Stout, or some Heady Topper I wouldn't mind trading.

Looking for something to chill on during Thanksgiving, preferably seasonal and not a microbrew (not looking to spend more than $10 for a sixer). Anybody try Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale? Or anybody got any other recommendations 

Looking for something to chill on during Thanksgiving, preferably seasonal and not a microbrew (not looking to spend more than $10 for a sixer). Anybody try Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale? Or anybody got any other recommendations 
Shell out the extra 2 bucks and get yourself some Celebration Ale.

Wally, your home brew is looking good as usual. What's the difference between dry hopping and double dry hop, 3x, 4x, etc? For example, on a triple hop are you adding hops 3 different times during the fermenting process?

Stork, good choices thus far. Try their new collaboration called The Perfect Crime. Its a tasty black Saison with almost no hop presence.

Comparison Ford, nice selection. That Bourbon County does look interesting.
Ruination with habanero peppers growler fill tomorrow in Pasadena. Don't sleep!
Enjoyby on tap & bottles tomorrow too. I won't be around tho :frown:

Back
Top Bottom