NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Bells is great. Local Michigan brew. I prefer Oberon. I highly suggest it.
Arcadia ale is another great Michigan brew. Their "thunder trail" is amazing.

Went to the bruery's tap take over at Cincos today to try the or xata (horchata) beer. Man it was amazing. Also tried tart of darkness but I feel like my palette might not be developed enough to enjoy it. It tasted way too similar to sour in the rye with some of the white oak in it. I couldn't taste any of the stout aspects or maybe the sour just overpowers it.

Today's breakfast 
laugh.gif
:

Update: Found out I got a new job a few hours ago.  Decided to make a celebratory beer run: 

Last edited:
ill post some more pics when its finished next week-finishing grouting, getting the top finished, arm rests, kegerator set up and fish tank running this week

(top of the bar)
Sorry to derail the thread-back to the beers

When are we going to have a beer drinkers summit in your garage???

Today's breakfast :lol: :

Update: Found out I got a new job a few hours ago.  Decided to make a celebratory beer run: 

Congrats broseph.

Went to the bruery's tap take over at Cincos today to try the or xata (horchata) beer. Man it was amazing. Also tried tart of darkness but I feel like my palette might not be developed enough to enjoy it. It tasted way too similar to sour in the rye with some of the white oak in it. I couldn't taste any of the stout aspects or maybe the sour just overpowers it.

I had Bruery's thai tea beer. It was groce :x Not sure if i'd try any of their experimental beers again

Last edited:
Today's breakfast :lol: :

CF you can find Heady on shelves in NY? Or did you mule it from VT? Same with Jai Alai?

Also, you got spots with DOOM still on the shelves? If you do scoop me a few and I can send you some brews or paypal. Let me know!

Today:

Not my pic but I brought a couple of these with me for this week down in Greenville, SC.

Today's breakfast 
laugh.gif
:

CF you can find Heady on shelves in NY? Or did you mule it from VT? Same with Jai Alai?

Also, you got spots with DOOM still on the shelves? If you do scoop me a few and I can send you some brews or paypal. Let me know!

Today:

Not my pic but I brought a couple of these with me for this week down in Greenville, SC.
You can SOMETIMES find Heady at one of the beer distributors by my house.  There's also a bar near me that has it pretty regularly.  However, the Heady in the picture was muled from VT by a lady friend that lives 10 minutes from The Alchemist.  The Jai Alai is at a distributor by my house.  The Doom just randomly showed up  two days ago at the distributor that has the Jai Alai.  Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss further.

Oh...picked two of these up today. 2012 Vintage: 

Last edited:
Usually Dos Equis but I just had a Red's Apple Ale and I might need to add it to the fridge permanently...not bad

my night last night
Started of at Smog City Brewing

I had an L.A. Saison. Wife had an Apricot Trippel. Both were great.

Headed over to Monkish Brewing
Started off with a Shaolin Fist (Dubbel brewed with Sichuan peppercorns), wife had a Dat Moi (rice lager) and I had a taster of the Monsho (lager with chrysanthemum)

Then had a Rosa's Hips (Belgian-style brown ale spiced with rose hips) and then a Red Table (Belgianized red/amber ale spiced with pink peppercorns)
Finished off with taking a growler of Shaolin FIst home.

-J-

Drinking at a friends house. Having angry orchard and shocktop apple wheat or something along those lines. Forgive me based god for I have sinned.

I drank about 900 Summer Shandys last night, I'm hurting lol

Man you're telling me. I went up to state for arts fest. They had that on special at cafe 210. Not a big fan of it to begin with but it can't beat for 3.50 for a tall one

Man you're telling me. I went up to state for arts fest. They had that on special at cafe 210. Not a big fan of it to begin with but it can't beat for 3.50 for a tall one

Damn I didn't even realize it was Arts Fest, I haven't been back since like 2008 lol

Damn I didn't even realize it was Arts Fest, I haven't been back since like 2008 lol
Whole weekend was a blur man lol. It was nice being a college kid again after working in an office all summer. Can't wait to be back in the Fall. 

Tonight I drank the Saison Rue and one of the Sucabas I bought yesterday.  Saison Rue was pretty good.  Citrusy with hints of various spices. Saisons aren't necessarily my thing, but I liked this one enough to deem it favorable.  7/10

Sucaba, on the other hand, OHMUHGAWD.  Perfect amount of bourbon notes present, incredible aroma/appearance, and a taste that begs to be sipped and savored.  One of the best beers I've had in a pretty long time.  Definitely gonna pick up two more and age them for a couple of years to see how they develop. 10+.  Easily.    

Tonight I drank the Saison Rue and one of the Sucabas I bought yesterday.  Saison Rue was pretty good.  Citrusy with hints of various spices. Saisons aren't necessarily my thing, but I liked this one enough to deem it favorable.  7/10

Sucaba, on the other hand, OHMUHGAWD.  Perfect amount of bourbon notes present, incredible aroma/appearance, and a taste that begs to be sipped and savored.  One of the best beers I've had in a pretty long time.  Definitely gonna pick up two more and age them for a couple of years to see how they develop. 10+.  Easily.    

Check your PM bro! Also, the same message applies to the Sucaba lol. I can't find that anywhere and I had it for the first time last summer when I went back home to San Diego. I wish upon many stars that they would distribute to the south...

Back
Top Bottom