NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

i posted some pages back the raspberry lambic float with vanilla ice cream, super good. can't really drink more than 12oz or so of lambic beer without feeling kind of queasy

http://niketalk.com/t/285468/nt-what-beer-do-you-drink/3480#post_18003714

The raspberry and peach lambics were for my girl. IPAs were for me. Somebody else told me on IG to try those first two beers with vanilla ice cream, I wasn't sure if they were serious. I kind of thought they were trolling lol

Will def. try it now... Thanks.

Tonight I drank the Saison Rue and one of the Sucabas I bought yesterday.  Saison Rue was pretty good.  Citrusy with hints of various spices. Saisons aren't necessarily my thing, but I liked this one enough to deem it favorable.  7/10

Sucaba, on the other hand, OHMUHGAWD.  Perfect amount of bourbon notes present, incredible aroma/appearance, and a taste that begs to be sipped and savored.  One of the best beers I've had in a pretty long time.  Definitely gonna pick up two more and age them for a couple of years to see how they develop. 10+.  Easily.    

*googles and looks for sucuba*

Tonight I drank the Saison Rue and one of the Sucabas I bought yesterday.  Saison Rue was pretty good.  Citrusy with hints of various spices. Saisons aren't necessarily my thing, but I liked this one enough to deem it favorable.  7/10

Sucaba, on the other hand, OHMUHGAWD.  Perfect amount of bourbon notes present, incredible aroma/appearance, and a taste that begs to be sipped and savored.  One of the best beers I've had in a pretty long time.  Definitely gonna pick up two more and age them for a couple of years to see how they develop. 10+.  Easily.    
*googles and looks for sucuba*
If you're in SoCal you shouldn't have a problem finding it. It's a Firestone Walker beer.

Last edited:
The raspberry and peach lambics were for my girl. IPAs were for me. Somebody else told me on IG to try those first two beers with vanilla ice cream, I wasn't sure if they were serious. I kind of thought they were trolling lol

Will def. try it now... Thanks.

That was me, dog. I don't troll about beer. :wink:

-J-

and BTW, if anybody in L.A. can find an extra bottle of that Sucuba and it's under $20, grab me a bottle. I haven't had any luck finding it here in the South Bay.
Thanks.

-J-

My local Sunoco lets you mix and match 6pks for $9.99 and I rolled with these. That Cherry Wheat was actually better than I expected it would be...

This years Sucaba has come and gone. Not likely to find any on shelves in LA.

However, Double DBA, another Firestone Walker barrel aged beer worth trying, is releasing this month.

Last edited:
Fridge is coming along nicely.  About to go take an excursion to a bunch of beer distributors to see if I can find something special.

Fridge is coming along nicely.  About to go take an excursion to a bunch of beer distributors to see if I can find something special.

Nice fridge. I'm guessing you're not planning on aging any of those beers?

How does buying alcohol from a distributor work? I thought it was illegal for them to sell.

Nice fridge. I'm guessing you're not planning on aging any of those beers?

How does buying alcohol from a distributor work? I thought it was illegal for them to sell.
I'm actually aging just about all of them but the Jai Alai.  I'm in a tough spot right now; I can't keep the beers "cellared" because my basement is currently about 85-90 degrees, so instead I keep the beers in the fridge and put it on the absolute lowest setting possible.  My logic is that I'd rather keep the beers 10-15 degrees cooler than they should be as opposed to 25-35 degrees warmer than they should be.  Sucks, but from what I've read the worst thing that will happen to a beer when it's stored too cold is that it will get chill haze.  I'd rather chill haze than have a shortened lifespan on the beer.

"Beer distributor" is a general term for beverage centers. NY state law limits the sale of wine and spirits to liquor stores, while beer is sold at grocery stores, convenience stores, and beverage centers/beer distributors.  Beer distributors house the majority of craft beer in NY.

Oh...I bought a 4 pack this today: 

Just realized Lancaster brewing company is right down the street from my office. Gonna stop by there and pick up some Growlers of their Strawberry Wheat. joint is so damn good

Just realized Lancaster brewing company is right down the street from my office. Gonna stop by there and pick up some Growlers of their Strawberry Wheat. joint is so damn good

Good brew, I was sipping on them Sunday at the Boathouse in Conshohocken for the Phil's game

Do any of you beer aficionados ever drink cheap domestic beer? Like Miller, Bud, or Coors?

If that is all there is, sure. It's beer, after all.
My wife and I were out a few weekends ago and my cousin and his friends were drinking. I invited myself over and he warned my wife that all he had was Bud Light and that limearita stuff. I showed up and knocked out a sixer of Bud Light, no problem.
Will I buy the stuff? Nope. Not even if I'm having a party at the house or something.
It's to the point now though that my friends and family know what kind of beer snob I am though. If someone is having a party, they'll call me and ask what they can have at the party for me. :lol:

-J-

Yeah man if its there I'll drink it but I won't buy it. The way I see it, you can drink 3 craft brews for the same price as 6 miller lights. But most of the time, those craft brews will be stronger and will get you equally as drunk. The end result is the same except you got to drink good beer except piss water

Back
Top Bottom