NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

When it comes to adjuncts and non-craft beers, I'll drink PBR, Yuengling and not much else.  Miller and Coors is tolerable.  Budweiser/Bud Light is a no-go for me.

I've been telling people about that sam adams cherry wheat! So delicious. The cherry isn't overwhelming by any means. Just a nice hint of it. That and Stella have been my go-to beers for about a year now. Still have yet to try yeungling :frown:

I'll be in Detroit Sunday-Tuesday and Grand Rapids Wednesday-Friday morning for work.
I absolutely will be going to Founder's while in Grand Rapids.
Can any of you MI folk recommend any local brews besides Founder's to try?
And if you see a large, bearded white guy with a Dodgers hat, do the NT tap-tap-pull and say what's up..

-J-

I'll be in Detroit Sunday-Tuesday and Grand Rapids Wednesday-Friday morning for work.
I absolutely will be going to Founder's while in Grand Rapids.
Can any of you MI folk recommend any local brews besides Founder's to try?
And if you see a large, bearded white guy with a Dodgers hat, do the NT tap-tap-pull and say what's up..

-J-

If you go to Founders, make sure you wrap around the block and try HopCat on Ionia... Big beer bar and has a lot of good brews... Their are smaller breweries around the city as well... Harmony is getting better... The Hideout is okay... Grand Rapids Brewing Co is the same owners of HopCat... The Mitten brewery is set in an old firehouse... The city is craft beer crazy... Any decent restaurant is going to have a boat load of good craft on draft... You wont be disappointed

As for Michigan beer to try... Bells, Founders, Shorts, Arcadia, Mount Pleasant, Dark Horse, New Holland (Dragons Milk is quite tasty), North Peak, Right Brain (just started bottling, very good)

Thanks man it's amazing, you gotta peep it when you get a chance
I actually might be there sometime at the middle of August since my buddy is getting a house for the week down there.

As for me, I'll be up at Shippensburg this weekend drinking with college kids lol. Needless to say, I'm foregoing the specials on Miller Lite and going right for the Summer Loves and Strawberry Wheats

If you go to Founders, make sure you wrap around the block and try HopCat on Ionia... Big beer bar and has a lot of good brews... Their are smaller breweries around the city as well... Harmony is getting better... The Hideout is okay... Grand Rapids Brewing Co is the same owners of HopCat... The Mitten brewery is set in an old firehouse... The city is craft beer crazy... Any decent restaurant is going to have a boat load of good craft on draft... You wont be disappointed

As for Michigan beer to try... Bells, Founders, Shorts, Arcadia, Mount Pleasant, Dark Horse, New Holland (Dragons Milk is quite tasty), North Peak, Right Brain (just started bottling, very good)

That's what I'm talking about. thanks bud.

-J-

I actually might be there sometime at the middle of August since my buddy is getting a house for the week down there.

As for me, I'll be up at Shippensburg this weekend drinking with college kids lol. Needless to say, I'm foregoing the specials on Miller Lite and going right for the Summer Loves and Strawberry Wheats

Lol you're still young enough to bag those college girls, I'd feel like a creep

If you go to OC, MD peep Fagers, Mackys and Dead Freddy's also

Red trolley is pretty good in sd especially with crab hut

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations on Porters that are distributed nationally (or regionally if you're in central Florida)? This was basically the only Porter I could find at one of my spots. It's pretty good, but nothing special. Thanks!

Comparison Ford, how was the ten fidy? That is some amazingly dangerous stuff.
---
MIKE HONCHO, I agree. Summerfest is one of their weakest beers. Pale Ale, Torpedo, Kellerweis, and the Stout are money.
------
Has anyone tried the stone enjoy by series? I have some 8.2.13 waiting to be tried very soon.

I had a birthday a week back and knew I would be getting some beers to sample. Without writing too much, I got about 4 day of the dead beers. Apparently they call themselves Mexican Craft Beer. The stuff has been circulating around since May I believe. Nothing too GREAT. Nothing terrible. Right above average for all of the ones I tried. They were worth the try. But likely never a repeat purchase..

I then had a few Clown Shoe beers. Galactica IPA and a Hoppy Feet Black IPA. Both solid. I would buy both of them again. I had never had a black IPA. So the stout properties clashing with the hoppiness was quite the treat.
-------

I wouldn't call it cheap or domestic but I guess some call it lower tier stuff. My go to tailgate/hangout beer is dos equis lager. I don't care for the artificial sweetness coming from the likes of Bud light or coors. So this one with a lime is just about perfect for those days when I dont want to think about what I'm drinking.

I have had the likes of PBR on draft and it's really not as bad as people say. Most of the stuff people claim to call piss... I swear your taste buds change to reflect the higher alcohol content, which comes from more malt and overall flavor.. Have you all had a 4.2% craft beer? Many of them lack the complexity we get used to. My local brewery has a beer called BIER, A light German style session beer.. It's decent. But I get a craving for malt and hops.

Comparison Ford, how was the ten fidy? That is some amazingly dangerous stuff.
---
MIKE HONCHO, I agree. Summerfest is one of their weakest beers. Pale Ale, Torpedo, Kellerweis, and the Stout are money.
Has anyone tried the stone enjoy by series? I have some 8.2.13 waiting to be tried very soon.

I had a birthday a week back and knew I would be getting some beers to sample. Without writing too much, I got about 4 day of the dead beers. Apparently they call themselves Mexican Craft Beer. The stuff has been circulating around since May I believe. Nothing too GREAT. Nothing terrible. Right above average for all of the ones I tried. They were worth the try. But likely never a repeat purchase..

I then had a few Clown Shoe beers. Galactica IPA and a Hoppy Feet Black IPA. Both solid. I would buy both of them again. I had never had a black IPA. So the stout properties clashing with the hoppiness was quite the treat.
I wouldn't call it cheap or domestic but I guess some call it lower tier stuff. My go to tailgate/hangout beer is dos equis lager. I don't care for the artificial sweetness coming from the likes of Bud light or coors. So this one with a lime is just about perfect for those days when I dont want to think about what I'm drinking.

I have had the likes of PBR on draft and it's really not as bad as people say. Most of the stuff people claim to call piss... I swear your taste buds change to reflect the higher alcohol content, which comes from more malt and overall flavor.. Have you all had a 4.2% craft beer? Many of them lack the complexity we get used to. My local brewery has a beer called BIER, A light German style session beer.. It's decent. But I get a craving for malt and hops.
Really good.  I'd put it on the same level as Stone Imperial Russian Stout, possibly a little better.  I'll give it a 9.25/10.

I had the Enjoy By 05.31.13 back in the beginning of May.  Each batch is different, but I did a side-by-side taste test with it against Heady Topper and I can honestly say I liked Enjoy By 05.31.13 better.  05.31.13 was a 10/10, easily.

Last edited:

Hitting up the Lagunitas brewery this week :smokin Had their Undercover the other day and it was :pimp: 9.6% too

you know wasup bra lol.... first time I ever had it I drunk a whole 6 pack to the face and was shutdown the next day lol

Went to Wegman's today and picked up a mixer and a sixer of this:

Had it before and fell in love. Had to get a full six pack this time. Joint is phenomenal

Went to Wegman's today and picked up a mixer and a sixer of this:

Had it before and fell in love. Had to get a full six pack this time. Joint is phenomenal

I'm at some sports bar in Livonia, MI and that is my next beer after I finish this Magic Hat #9

-J-

Back
Top Bottom