NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I quit smoking squares almost a year ago and beer has been tasting so much better, way more flavor and aromas. It's like I get to try all my favorite beer for the first time twice lol

I went on a Lagunitas Brewery tour a few months back and sampled a lot of there stuff and I ain't gonna lie, nothing really stood out to me. It was all okay, I can't stand IPA's so that was a waste of time trying, but it seems to be super popular among the crowd.

Anyways, little history on Lagunitas Sucks; They didn't have the capacity to make Brown Sugga' back in the day and the demand for it was huge so they basically made a "knock-off" to help full fill the demand. They made/called Lagunitas Sucks (out of anger sort of), implying it was going to suck but it actually is now one of their top sellers. 

Last edited:
I had a Moosehead in Epcot at Canada last week for the first time since I probably had my first beers at like 19.

Trying to drink around the countries in Epcot when it's 90 degrees :x

Cracking open a few good ones. Going to New Orleans tomorrow thru Saturday, getting started early.

Last edited:
You would think finding Indra Kunindra in San Diego would be easy but I haven't found any for a month or two until today! Also picked up a bottle of The Homework Series Batch 3 and a bottle of Ruination since they're gonna stop making it soon just like the Pale Ale and come out with a 2.0 version.

Last edited:
^ NT Summit at Coachella...who's down?

I think Sal and I will be there. I'm going to try to pick up a SS growler.

You would think finding Indra Kunindra in San Diego would be easy but I haven't found any for a month or two until today! Also picked up a bottle of The Homework Series Batch 3 and a bottle of Ruination since they're gonna stop making it soon just like the Pale Ale and come out with a 2.0 version.

Interesting. Haven't heard about Stone doing 2.0s.

Interesting. Haven't heard about Stone doing 2.0s.
He ain't lyin'.  I actually really appreciate the fact that Stone is re-vamping old recipes to keep up with the times.  Wish more breweries would do this rather than resting on their laurels and riding the hype train from years past. Hopslam, Nugget Nectar, and KBS come to mind...

The local grocery store is closing and everything is 50% off and I went just to look around and I found about six 6 packs of Stone Pale Ale so I scooped them up bc they quit making it and I noticed after I got home with them I noticed that the Enjoy by date was March 5th. I honestly have never paid attention to enjoy by dates so if I keep them refrigerated they should stay pretty fresh right?

Last edited:
Try it out and see what you think. I have an explanation in the spoiler

http://freshbeeronly.com/

Man, anything over 2 months OLD seems to stall out (if its an IPA with delicate aromas). But that's just my opinion.

Some breweries have bottled dates, some are enjoy by. Enjoy by can range from 3 months, 4 months, to even a year.

it appears Stone sets their enjoy by date 90 days from bottled date. So you are already looking at an ipa that was brewed around December 5th, 2014. That's sorta old. Refrigerating it will help preserve what flavors that are left. But keeping them out for a couple more weeks shouldnt really matter. Cool dry spot in a basement or garage should be fine. The damage is already done as far as aromas.. Just keep them out of direct sunlight. Thats the main killer of beers. With aromas gone, you just may have a less hopped IPA.. Not a bad deal with 50% off. I wouldnt drink original price for it though.

If you find out that it has no hop taste, the bottle date can tell you a lot. If you enjoy it for what it is, you aren't losing out too much. People buy expired beers every day and dont seem to care or notice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom