NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Went out east for a wedding

Short rundown
Atl airport; night on ponce ipa. Utterly ec ipa average. Terrapin ipa. Same sort of lightly piney ipa. Sweet water Esb. Nice crisp bite.

Nyc.
6pt Sweet action pitcher. Quite sweet. A lot of cream ales, I think crisp. Some corn type of flavor. Sort of just bland sweetness here.

Brooklyn lager pitcher. Couldn't pinpoint the smell. Different but not bad.

Later that night, we found a beer shop. Found these guys.

also had a pint of six pt. jammer. Sweet , not entirely salty. Maybe too sweet. Expensive pint too

Friend had a singlecut Belgian white lagerrr Uniquely flavored for sure.

Headed up north Stopped at Chatham brewery. Very solid. Would be a top 10 brewery in my state. Had a four beer flight.
All ipas headed in right direction close to being really really good imho.

Drinking daisy cutter now.

Clean citrus lighter type of bite. Feels like a lagunitas type of pale ale. Really good but feels like others may be under rated as this overrated. Or this just right. Unclear. 2 more tries.

Hopefully gonna get to hunt for some vt heavyweights.

Just had some Westbrook gose. Now this feels sorta sweet. Not as funky as I remember. My how times have changed with my taste buds.

Last edited:
drinking my last Waldos for my birthday, shouldn't have saved it, lost all of its flavor and tastes terrible

@comparisonford - I know you are a fan of Sand City, are you planning on picking up some of their first can release?
Definitely.  First run is releasing this Sunday.  Second Wave and Mofosaic, which are two of my favorites from them.  Looking forward to regular cannings from them.

A beer distributor by me muled in a few cases of Trillium beers the other day, so you know I had to get in on that:

Drinking this now.  It's as tasty as you would expect it to be.  Fruit juice explosion with a nice amount of bitterness on the back end to balance things out.  Hard to call this a plain-old pale ale when it's 6.6% and hoppier than some double IPAs, but it's definitely worth the hype.

I have a few cans of Double Dry-Hopped Scaled and Pier that's I'll be cracking into over the next few days.  Probably gonna go back tomorrow to try to score some of the regular Fort Point cans. 

Cheers, NT.

How is everyone's Friday night going?
Mine is pretty good.

There was a bit of hesitation when I put the bottle opener to the cap of a $175-$200 bottle of beer.
I'm one glass in and it is pretty damn good. As it warmed it turned into an absolute vanilla bomb.

How is everyone's Friday night going?
Mine is pretty good.

There was a bit of hesitation when I put the bottle opener to the cap of a $175-$200 bottle of beer.
I'm one glass in and it is pretty damn good. As it warmed it turned into an absolute vanilla bomb.
$175-200?! Please tell me that's a typo.

I'm sorry...but I can't rock with that one. Bourbon County is a fraction of that and probably just as worthy.

And I'm not exactly a frugal person.  Hell...I just dropped $64 on 8 pint cans of Trillium.   

My bad. Secondary market value is on average $165.
http://beerblackbook.com/beerprofile.php?link=156&var=1473
Batch 1 is going for $200.
I paid $23.99 (brewery price).

Figured it was the secondary market. Can't believe people pay those prices :smh:

A beer distributor by me muled in a few cases of Trillium beers the other day, so you know I had to get in on that:

Drinking this now.  It's as tasty as you would expect it to be.  Fruit juice explosion with a nice amount of bitterness on the back end to balance things out.  Hard to call this a plain-old pale ale when it's 6.6% and hoppier than some double IPAs, but it's definitely worth the hype.

I have a few cans of Double Dry-Hopped Scaled and Pier that's I'll be cracking into over the next few days.  Probably gonna go back tomorrow to try to score some of the regular Fort Point cans. 

Cheers, NT.

Nice! I got some Trillium cans coming in next week along with some VT gems :D. Stayed tuned!

My bad. Secondary market value is on average $165.
http://beerblackbook.com/beerprofile.php?link=156&var=1473
Batch 1 is going for $200.
I paid $23.99 (brewery price).
Didn't even know that site existed! 
Figured it was the secondary market. Can't believe people pay those prices
mean.gif

Nice! I got some Trillium cans coming in next week along with some VT gems
happy.gif
. Stayed tuned!
No ****!!

Like this: http://www.mybeercollectibles.com/l...b1-vanilla-rye-velvet-speedway-3x-pack/144160

Really? The only way I would even consider that is if I was rich beyond all means. 

Cracked open some more Trillium cans yesterday:

Both very good, but I feel like Trillium beers remind me a lot of the stuff Singlecut is brewing these days.  They're up there with the best, but I don't think I'll ever actively seek them out anymore.

Sand City had their first can release today:

Mofosaic sold out less than 3 hours in, apparently there are still a few cases of Second Wave left.  It was a pretty easy experience this morning.  Got there 30 minutes early, was probably 40th in line, and got out about 20 minutes after opening.  Second Wave is tasting fantastic.  Just as good as the IPAs OH/Grimm/Trillium/Singlecut are producing.  Between the fact that Sand City is about 20 minutes away from where I live and that their beers are $3-4 cheaper per 4-pack than most other breweries I'm seeing less and less reasons why I should wake up at the *** crack of dawn to drive out to Other Half to wait in line for beers.  Hoping they don't blow up, but I'm not holding my breath either.  

^hit up what spot?

I may be going to Baltimore next weekend and want to stop at a bottle shop/wine shop and I think it will either be The Wine Source or Shawan Liquors

unless someone suggests a better option

Went to Burley Oak about a month ago and was pretty impressed

its called max's tap house

Seems a little early for the October fest but oh well...it's my favorite seasonal beer..
Been waiting for the Oktoberfest beers to start rolling out.  First one of the season I found was Sierra Nevada and can't wait to crack it open tonight!

its called max's tap house

I plan on stopping at Max's...really want to stop at Of Love Or Regret as well

there was also a cool interesting spot called one eye'd mikes or something...its a Grand Marnier bar. and by that i mean they have a ton of it, and people buy memberships in the form of a bottle, which they use when they drink there. if the member dies, the bottle (all of which are on display) will be draped in a black ribbon, and can be willed off to next of kin or whomever is stated in said will.

i thought it was interesting, but the meatball sub there was pretty good lol.

Sipping on this tonight. Month old can but just as good as the first time I had it.

Edit: Cracked open a can of Bright later in the evening. Straight citrus bomb! I like Julius better but awesome beer nonetheless.

Last edited:
Following-up from yesterday:

Another banger.  Pungent mosaic hops (as to be expected).  Prefer Second Wave to this, but these are top-notch regardless.  Love having amazing IPAs accessible at all times.  New York has come such a long way in the past 18 months.

Some more beermail today
smokin.gif
Woah pretty awesome beermail

Mastermind is ok imo but Second Fiddle >>>>>>>

Also just tried crusher for the first time the other night... I found it to be extremely potent but still delicious!

Beer mail today:

Dude hooked it up with the extras.  The only beers I was expecting were the Finback cans.  Trading has its perks sometimes. 
laugh.gif

Cracking into the first can now:

Awesome beer.  If this had "Other Half" written on it there would have been very long lines for this beer.  I love how far the Oscillation series has come.  First batch tasted like a poor man's Jai Alai and looked like this:

Back
Top Bottom