NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

On vacation from work this week.  Decrease in beer consumption is on a moratorium for the next few days.  Cracked open two more cans:

Focal Banger is just as good as I remembered it being.  Love how balanced it is.  Sometimes you're not looking for a "juice bomb" or a "dank bomb."  This straddles the line perfectly.  It has the intensity you're looking for in an IPA, but it never reaches the point of overkill. I think I prefer this over Heady Topper.  A testament to why The Alchemist has stood the test of time in a world where Treehouse and Trillium have started to rule the roost.  

Smooth Beats Miami is a beer that would change minds of even the most hardened skeptics.  Most coconut-flavored beers I've tried in the past have left me with the impression that I just drank alcoholic sunblock.  This is far and away the most "natural" coconut flavor I've ever had in a beer.   The coconut is prominent, but there's enough hops in this one to create a sense of balance.  Very grateful to have the chance to sample a few cans of this.  

Iconic dipa by hangar. Very solid dipa.

So many beers on this page alone I've never even heard of. Been out the game too long. Probably for the better :lol:

Anyway, bottles of Stone's 20th has already dropped in SD. Likely nothing mind-blowing, but they're still one of the more solid macro-microbreweries.

Woah pretty awesome beermail
Mastermind is ok imo but Second Fiddle >>>>>>>
Also just tried crusher for the first time the other night... I found it to be extremely potent but still delicious!

Yeah, the Mastermind was an extra. Haven't had anything from Fiddlehead yet so looking forward to it. Will probably get to most of these later this week but having all these beers on hand is very tempting :lol:.

Focal Banger is just as good as I remembered it being.  Love how balanced it is.  Sometimes you're not looking for a "juice bomb" or a "dank bomb."  This straddles the line perfectly.  It has the intensity you're looking for in an IPA, but it never reaches the point of overkill. I think I prefer this over Heady Topper.  A testament to why The Alchemist has stood the test of time in a world where Treehouse and Trillium have started to rule the roost.   

Cracked open a Focal Banger as well today. I agree, definitely liking this better than Heady.

Last edited:
@comparison ford
Im glad to hear they executed the coconut on smooth beats Miami so well since I have not had any coconut beers yet but love coconut water. i had southern migration last night which taught me what guava tastes like

@comparison ford
Im glad to hear they executed the coconut on smooth beats Miami so well since I have not had any coconut beers yet but love coconut water. i had southern migration last night which taught me what guava tastes like
Briney melon sounds gross but isn't gross, just not good either. I am in Maryland and du claw is everywhere. sour me this is solid, nice to see more six pack sours. I wouldn't have drank funk since I am not into blueberry flavor but opened one without paying attention, I didn't enjoy it, if you like blueberries then maybe check it out. Heavy seas is my favorite Maryland brewery, seems like they always have a distinct smooth malt backing, wish I could find double cannon in nyc.

Last edited:
Been out of the loop the last 3 weeks or so. Hit TW up and lo and behold, they're back!

The style that got me into craft. I'm excited :lol:

can't wait to try this
Last year's batch was amazing.  Probably one of my favorite plain-jane imperial stouts.  The bourbon barrel-aged version was great too.  Still have a bottle of the maple bourbon version sitting in my closet.  Definitely on the hunt for a bottle or two today.

Last year's batch was amazing.  Probably one of my favorite plain-jane imperial stouts.  The bourbon barrel-aged version was great too.  Still have a bottle of the maple bourbon version sitting in my closet.  Definitely on the hunt for a bottle or two today.
I was lucky enough to get a lot of it, if you can't find any I am willing to trade. I have only had the maple version which was memorable.
does not disappoint, lots of heavy dark fruits in the smell, nice chocolate almost coffee flavor. the head is noticeably light for such a dark beer.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get a lot of it, if you can't find any I am willing to trade. I have only had the maple version which was memorable.
does not disappoint, lots of heavy dark fruits in the smell, nice chocolate almost coffee flavor. the head is noticeably light for such a dark beer.
i'm in for a trade. is it frowned upon to discuss trades in here? if so take it to PM?

Also just tried crusher for the first time the other night... I found it to be extremely potent but still delicious!

Yeah, the Mastermind was an extra. Haven't had anything from Fiddlehead yet so looking forward to it. Will probably get to most of these later this week but having all these beers on hand is very tempting :lol:.

Cracked open a Focal Banger as well today. I agree, definitely liking this better than Heady.

Some more beermail today :smokin

how are you guys acquiring this fire? live in VT? :nerd:

Truck chasing in Burlington yesterday

Okay. Not really. Been so busy helping set up a wedding, a trip north hadn't happned until yesterday. Picking up some family in Burlington, I was already 2 hrs late to stores opening. I happened to go to two of their Thursday drop sites in Montpellier , pretty much gone by 10:10. Last place I see this guy grab for two four packs. As he takes them away, shelf is empty. Cashier is like, 1 four pack limit. Dude and I make eye contact and he hands over the goods.

While in Burlington, I convinced family to eat at a tap house. I was able to have Sos on draft, hfs Edward, and hfs Nelson in one spot. None screamed out super supper different or a world above other beers. Not sure if I'm spoiled but I was left happy to have tried but that hunt can end to try them all. I'm still missing that true juice bomb this trip.

Rock art has a limited access dipa that reminds me so much of a local ipa,elevated.

These guys are no slouch. More of a west coast citrus piney sort of vibe
Limbo by long trail a stand out as well.
Heading back up to belong to Sunday. Would love to head to Stowe to the alchemist brewery but I wouldn't be there until 3. So I'm contemplating other options. We shall see.

I do have a rant about heady topper though. So many stores just artificially holding back stock it seems like. Many places get it one day and will only sell it others. Or they only put out a case a day and say they're sold out. They've mastered the hype art. I found it less magical when I had it last night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom