NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Pick ups for this weekend. Scofflaw is a new brewery out of Atlanta I've been wanting to try. Heard this double IPA is solid.

you in Atlanta?

Do you mean in general or a certain brands?

Generally

What have you had in general as far as beers go?

IPAs tend to be at the highest threshold for bitterness and HOP flavor. They tend not to be for everyone and certainly an acquired taste.

Most tend to shift from your bud lights, to imports like Heineken, to your fruited American wheats like Shock Top, and slowly but surely, your Ambers like Fat Tire, and up and up and up, to where IPAs tend to sit.

Not that you have to drink them in any sort of order, But I have definitely seen the progression with people who hated IPAs initially but there ended up being a certain craving you get from hoppy beers. It's a big reason why 60% of many breweries production is their core lineup IPA alone.

With so many grocery stores and beer stores offering up singles and such, there is no reason not to invest $2 on a single bottle, and try for yourself.. I think many can help you if you can give a general area of where you live. 75% of beer out there is very localized to not only your state, but your city/suburbs.

IPA also is a very vague descriptor anymore. We have seen various styles within the IPA heading with vastly different tastes ie West Coast IPA vs. East Coast IPA vs. NE IPA.

Last edited:
cool. you have any go to spots to get your beer? ive been hitting up Hop City at Krog St Market.

Krog st is good, greens too. Ale yeah in Decatur I've been going to, they have a good selection. OTP minks and sprayberry are my favorites.

Last edited:
Pickups for today. Latest canning from Alvarado Street (NE style IPA using a east coast yeast strain then dry hopped with Citra and Amarillo) and had to stock up on some Two Hearted for the NYE festivities :D

Last edited:
Anyone ever had this MIA Gods Must Be Crazy? Saw it at Total in Orlando last weekend so figured I'd give it a shot. 

Had the Scofflaw Basement IPA on draft the other week and it was fantastic. Read some terrible stuff about it from the can on beeradvocate but wanted to see for myself. 

Never had it myself.

Have you had jai alai lately? I saw some people talking about how it tastes different now.

:lol: at the last few comments.

Had to crack one open. Canned 2 days ago and tasting somewhat green. Going to revisit this one once it has more age on it. Lots of stonefruits and peachy notes. Mouthfeel is nice and creamy. Awesome brew nonetheless!

Last edited:

Rub porter from carton, was expecting it to taste weird but all of the stuff added was pretty subtle, a well rounded porter

Been drinking a lot of nice stouts lately and bells black note stands out, everything about it is on point, not too thin not too thick, the flavor is really balanced with nothing dominating, not sweet and not smokey, just right lol, im really liking it

Finally got my hands on one of those IPA beers everyone keeps fussing over:

Other Half Double Dry Hopped Mylar Bags.  8.5% and hopped with Amarillo, Galaxy, Citra, Mosaic, and El Dorado.  Additionally dry-hopped with more Galaxy hops as well as Citra and Mosaic lupulin powder.  The front-end of this beer is straight candy/tropical fruits.  Back end is still pretty "green"/bitter,  but definitely shows potential for improvement when it has a week or two of age on it and doesn't detract from the other flavors this beer offers.  Mouthfeel isn't at the Ensure/protein shake level of Treehouse IPAs, but it's still pretty soft and creamy.  Definitely coats the mouth and the flavors linger long after the beer is gone. 

I think I like these.

True story at a bar last night with ufc on:

Customer: "Can I get a ip-puh?"
Bartender: "What?"
"Ip-puh, a large one"
"What?"
"Just get me a blue moon"

True story at a bar last night with ufc on:

Customer: "Can I get a ip-puh?"
Bartender: "What?"
"Ip-puh, a large one"
"What?"
"Just get me a blue moon"

**Sigh**

I never claim to be a beer conossuier (? , spelling), but c'mon. Try to do at least a little research on your own.

Not to bash on the Blue Moon part because drank a few last night. Tried the "Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout" I have been wanting to try for a bit and I must say it wasn't bad. I personally liked it.

Happy new years everybody, drinking this barrel aged outside the lines by myself to start the night, the regular version was awesome but this has way stronger flavor, lots of coffee

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom