NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

**Sigh**

I never claim to be a beer conossuier (? , spelling), but c'mon. Try to do at least a little research on your own.

Not to bash on the Blue Moon part because drank a few last night. Tried the "Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout" I have been wanting to try for a bit and I must say it wasn't bad. I personally liked it.

I should of grabbed a 6er! I had to get a case for regular blue moon for family and saw that. Call me a Sally but I tend to enjoy their little journeys outside the regular blue moon.

Anyway, had my one and only beer tonight. Now I'm bed. Be safe all, I'm too old for this **** :lol:

Had this tonight along with 3 High West-ified's. happy New Years to me.

Had this last night to watch Ronda get her *** beat.

Gift of Death from Monkish.
Belgianized Imperial Stout with vanilla beans and aged in Haven Hill barrels for 18 effing months. Whoa..
Finished a 750ml growler no problem. 13.6%.
Dangerous.

With the start of the new year, I figured I'd do a list of my top 15 beers of 2016:

15. Other Half/Barrier Make It Rain:

14. Grimm Magnetic Compass:

13. Other Half/Arizona Wilderness City Slickers:

12. Sand City Second Wave (2nd Batch):

11. Omnipollo/Buxton Yellow Belly:

10. Other Half 2nd Anniversary:

9. Other Half/Trillium Like Whoa:

8. Other Half/Tired Hands/Omnipollo Debbie Downer:

7. Sand City Infinity+ONE:

6. Omnipollo NOA Pecan Mud Cake:

5. Other Half Double Dry Hopped Mylar Bags:

4. Other Half Double Dry Hopped Double Mosaic Dream:

3. Sand City ONE:

2. Hill Farmstead Double Galaxy:

1. Other Half/The Answer No Layups:

A lot of these rankings could change depending on my mood, but that's how it strikes me at the given moment.  2016 was an incredible year for craft beer, particularly in New York. Looking forward to even more amazing offerings  in 2017 given Other Half's expansion, Grimm having their own space, and Sand City doing regular cannings.  What a time to be alive!

Honorable mentions:

OH Forever Simcoe

Grimm Tesseract

OH Motueka+Galaxy

Sand City Even Mo Mofo

LIC Beer Project Pile of Crowns

Treehouse Green

OH/Monkish Blowin' Up The Spot

Cheers to 2017!

Last edited:
I drank a lot of beer in 2016 so this year im definitely going to cut back lol.

You guys say this every year :lol:

I got a beer of the month club membership for Xmas, so I'll be getting 12 bottles every other month this year. I know I should be appreciative, but my first package already came and I got a bunch of subpar beers.

I got a beer of the month club membership for Xmas, so I'll be getting 12 bottles every other month this year. I know I should be appreciative, but my first package already came and I got a bunch of subpar beers.

Free beers though.....

What club/membership? My sister got me one my bday last year and honestly the first and last shipment was the best IMO. The rest were mediocre at best. With that said, after years and years I still can't stand IPAs so when I got anything hoppy like that in the shipments I tried one and gave the rest away. Needless to say I gave away more than I was happy about but they definitely didn't go to waste.

Resolutions never work lol. But it doesn't hurt to try. This year I don't really have too many. Last year I started things off right by basically making a list and inventoring everything that I should/could've bought as impulse buys. I think I lasted 2-3 months.. Eye opening stuff. Just this weekend, I decided to stay in and drink off some stored beers. I probably saved $30 from various breweries who were doing stuff.. One place alone had some new barrel aged beer that likely cost $7 for a 13 oz. pour. I'm sure it was great. But am I really missing out? Did I really need that? Decision making has to be better.

Along the lines of what I tried last year by just putting beers and $$ amounts into excel, I am taking it a step further and putting those real dollar amounts into a separate savings account. Any new beer that I do buy will likely come from this save fund. Ie, if I saved $30 this past holiday weekend, I can use that for this coming months new buys. So in theory there would be no more double dipping (drinking out and then buying more).

Or is all that just too much work and a setup for failure?

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea imo. I told myself I wouldn't spend $25+ on a bomber, then I turned around and did it lol. I see a system like yours being useful in the near future.

Has anyone tried this or own one? 
nerd.gif

I've watched like 10 videos of people doing reviews on YT and they all reported good things. Not quite sure how many of them might have been sponsored/sent the product for free to talk good about it, but a few seemed like legit positive reactions.

^^ I saw that. We have a soda stream we use a lot but I either drink a beer or dump it out. I'd like to have one for free tho :lol:

This is such a goood series.

The last one I have left is the vanilla.

Edit: Death by Cocnut with Cocnut topping :lol:

Last edited:
Random Tuesday night beer

Edit: Anyone have this? I ain't gonna lie, if I didn't split it with my boy I'd a dumped it down the drain. Taste like water downed ****.

Last edited:
i spy. Came home to this

Big ups to @Comparison Ford

Where do I begin this journey?
Nice. Glad it (finally) got there.  Tough shipping things around the holidays. 
roll.gif

The OH/Monkish collab is the oldest of the cans at just over a month old, but it's drinking perfectly right now. Just polished off my last can and I think it's at its peak.  

Second oldest cans are Sand City Close Talker and Oops! I Mangoed My Pants.  About 3 weeks old at this point, but both are winners.

Other Half DDH Forever Simcoe, Broccoli, and Real Talk are all a little over 2 weeks old at this point.  

Sand City Fade to Jade and Infinity+ONE were released the day after the OH cans mentioned directly above. 

LIC Beer Project SAMO and Party Crasher cans were picked up on 12/22, which was the absolute earliest I could get them (they were pre-ordered).  

I don't wanna give too much away, but I think that's a good starting point.  Regardless...I just hope you enjoy them.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom