NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

First set of dead soldiers.
image.jpg

VT has been very nice to me. Weather has been amazing.

Sipping on this tonight. Spaced Out DIPA (collab between Alvarado St and Moonraker) brewed with Ekuanot, Mosaic and Amarillo. Straight juice bomb! Mangoes, pineapples and citrus fruits notes. Medium mouthfeel with a nice soft bitter finish. Two of the best doing NE IPA's right now in Norcal.

IMG_3627.JPG

20170804_175341.jpg

I'm always impressed by how balanced FB makes these types of beers. Light, not too sweet it's just right. Haven't read up on boom sauce, the price was right so why not.

Screenshot_2017-08-04-21-13-58.png
Screenshot_2017-08-04-21-14-13.png

Sipping on this tonight.

Also, I saw a Deschutes "XXIX" 29th Reserve. Very tempted.

Last edited:
20170806_075651~2.jpg

So far so good. Gotta drink more of it to really get a feel. I saw SA's Oktoberfest beer, but last year's was so cloying to me. I bought a sixer last year of it after trying a single but it obviously didn't tell the whole story.

Yeah I guess it's the season for oktoberfest...seems really early this 6ear but oh well...been drinking this all weekend...decent
20170806_133548.jpg

Long story short for Burlington VT.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford foam is totally legit. Blown away status. Returning twice hopefully. Sour/saisons on point. 9.2% IPA best of my trip.
IMG_3112.JPG

based mod based mod
There is an aura of sorts as it being a beer Mecca or destination.

That's a tough question to answer. As far as other things to do. No joke. A lot of these places are off the beaten path. We didn't feel the need to drive up to hill farmstead when tap options were available in town. That may have thrown off the entire package of that Mecca experience. But in some regards, easterners hype the crap out of stuff.

To answer your question. Cheese factories. Farms and hiking. Plus beer. Lots of solid options.

It's been a long couple of days but here's what I would consider top breweries for the area

Alchemist. Skadoosh is making a bigger lasting impression that heady t.
Burlington beer company. A slightly lower lvl trillium. Great potential for them.
IMG_3116.JPG

Foam. Only 5-6 limited options. Only me in my group found the spark as others weren't feeling it. But it's there.
(Did not go but HF definitely in contention)

But beyond those is where it gets fuzzy and where almost every major city in America can come close

Idletyme. Solid across the board
Otter creek/the shed. Sort of gimmicky. Solid
Queen City. Totally European based offerings. One IPA. Solid stuff
Von trapp. Totally German based offering. Really good core lagers.
Fiddlehead/zero gravity/switback. A bit above solid on an IPA front. But they don't stand out. Yet remain crowded
Going down south a bit. Madison brewing. Just solid core offerings.
Hop n moose in rutland covering the south dental core of by well. Same with long trail. The Sierra Nevada of the region.
So even in a Mecca of beer, there is room for everyone. More above par offerings than many other regions combined.

Finding value in only going here for beer in what is a 4 hour drive each way from NY metro area is so iffy. Even waiting in line or driving for trillium/alchemist beers just have no apparent value for me anymore

Eye opening trip for sure. I think every region has improved to where a 4.1 rated IPA is just your core IPA and that's the norm.

There's a brewery called upper pass that is brewing in Stowe that is doing some great things. They are headquartered south a bit. So it looks like the region may be fit for some contract brewing.

I didn't mention guys like
Lost nation and 14th star who I've sampled. Rock art totally solid. Foley brothers I've heard good things about. Frost beer works. Totally on the up and up.

I guess for a region this size, just the concentration of par to above par offerings is amazing. Other areas may have 20-30% of local offerings that may be above par, where here it's got to be 60-70% easily. No room for slouches.

But that's where you have to step in and answer what you expect out of the beers for your trip. 1 world class experience and 9 duds. Or maybe 1 world class experience and 7 solid above par offerings. I don't feel we really have to travel too far anymore

Last edited:
Glad to hear Foam lived up to the hype! Sounds like you've been doing some work the past week or so. :lol:

I decided to fully commit to the idea of taking the trip to Tree House. I booked a hotel room 10 minutes away from the new Charlton location for tomorrow night, so I'll be heading up there early tomorrow morning and also stop by again for cans on my way back home. Definitely gonna hit up Trillium in Canton once I'm done with tomorrow's Tree House run as well. I should be drinking good for quite some time.

IMG_1059.JPG
Made it to greenpoint for the cognition and low res release. Quality stuff that's being over looked in NY like you said Ford. The low res is my fav out of the two.

Glad to hear Foam lived up to the hype! Sounds like you've been doing some work the past week or so. :lol:

I decided to fully commit to the idea of taking the trip to Tree House. I booked a hotel room 10 minutes away from the new Charlton location for tomorrow night, so I'll be heading up there early tomorrow morning and also stop by again for cans on my way back home. Definitely gonna hit up Trillium in Canton once I'm done with tomorrow's Tree House run as well. I should be drinking good for quite some time.
Assuming you got cans to go at Canton, it's a limit of 3 4 packs amongst everything available, or 3 4 packs for each beer available in cans?

How we doing fellas I got a new phone and I some how lost all my threads I was following.

I'm headed to Colorado this mine for a little over a week, I heard boulder is the place to go any one got recommendations for some breweries??

How we doing fellas I got a new phone and I some how lost all my threads I was following.

I'm headed to Colorado this mine for a little over a week, I heard boulder is the place to go any one got recommendations for some breweries??

Where in Colorado are you heading? Just Denver/Boulder area or up in the mountains too? Fort Collins is loaded with breweries too...let me know if you're headed there and I can help with recommendations too.

Boulder's alright...there are a couple good breweries (Upslope, Cellar West Artisan Ales. AND NOT BOULDER BEER. Their stuff is terrible.). If I were you, I'd spend most of your time in Denver. Far more breweries and far more truly great breweries worth your time. Also, yes, Great Divide is good, but there are so many more solid choices...just FYI.

On the way up to Boulder:
Odd13 in Lafayette (amazing hazy IPAs & more)
Post Brewing Co. in Lafayette (lagers, saisons, IPAs and incredible fried chicken)
New Terrain in Golden (insane hazy IPAs, sours, stouts)
Cannonball Creek in Golden (more west coast-style IPAs, pales, saisons)

Denver area (and this doesn't even touch nearly all the breweries around here BTW):
Cerebral (Hazy NE IPAs, saisons, sours)
Crooked Stave (sours, saisons, lagers, hazy IPAs)
TRVE (sours, saisons, lagers, pales)
Black Project (wild ales)
Ratio Beerworks (IPAs, pales, saisons)
Our Mutual Friend (IPAs, pales, stouts, wilds)
Mockery (crazy hybrid styles, pales, IPAs, scotch ales)
Strange Craft Beer Co. (amazing grapefruit IPA, saisons, pales)
Joyride (hazy IPAs, saisons, pales)
New Image (hazy IPAs & pales, kombucha brett saison)

Mountains/High Country:
Outer Range in Frisco (mind-blowing hazy IPAs and saisons from former Other Half brewer)
Casey Brewing & Blending in Glenwood Springs (the super hard to find, cult saison & sour brewery/blendery...beyond world class)
Roaring Fork Beer Company in Carbondale (solid IPAs, pales, saisons, lagers)

Greeley (which is about an hour-90 mins north/NW of Denver but worth the trek):
WeldWerks (truly world class hazy IPAs, stouts, pales & more...trust me)...Juicy Bits is my favorite beer in Colorado. Period.
Wiley Roots (sours, IPAs, etc.)

Last edited:
Rep, I'll be in glenwood for 3 nights then 4/5 nights in Denver.

If you're in Glenwood Springs, definitely definitely hit up Casey Brewing & Blending in Glenwood. Their saisons, sours and wild stuff is the stuff of legend. Roaring Fork Beer Company in Carbondale isn't far from there...and I really like their stuff too.

IMG_6445.JPG These just arrived from my first beer trade. The guy I traded with definitely hooked it up with the extras. I feel like a kid on Christmas, can't wait to see what I've been missing.

In the other brewery-acquisition-of-the-day news...

https://www.brewbound.com/news/new-...-oud-beersel-acquire-magnolia-brewing-company

This should be pretty great, especially Oud Beersel's involvement.

Back
Top Bottom