NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Troeg's Java Head lately, too easy to drink. ABV catches up on you quick too.

Anyone ever heard of Pizza Boy. Brewery local to me, starting to get a little bigger amongst the "beer snobs" in my area

Anyone ever heard of Pizza Boy. Brewery local to me, starting to get a little bigger amongst the "beer snobs" in my area

Pizza Boy has a cult following out in Conshohocken, one bar always gets it in, been for years now

Pizza Boy has a cult following out in Conshohocken, one bar always gets it in, been for years now
Yeah I was back home in Philly at Iron Abbey and they had it on tap, surprised to see it there. Dude at the cash register was definitely stanning for them.

About to pick up some after work, I wanna try their Sunny Side Up Stout

Yeah I was back home in Philly at Iron Abbey and they had it on tap, surprised to see it there. Dude at the cash register was definitely stanning for them.

About to pick up some after work, I wanna try their Sunny Side Up Stout

their stouts are amazing, you can't go wrong but I feel like there is so much beer out there to the point of over saturation that a single beer no longer knocks me off my feet

their stouts are amazing, you can't go wrong but I feel like there is so much beer out there to the point of over saturation that a single beer no longer knocks me off my feet
I agree man, I can't remember the last time I had a beer where I knew I had to pick up more right away. I had this beer called Idle Hands IPA from Helltown at PJ Whelihans a while back. That was probably the last time where I told myself I need to track this down at a dist.

Was able to track down Sunny Side Up from Pizza Boy. Very very good beer, give it a go if you fellas are ever in PA

5AD2B3AD-A435-4FD9-8E54-2CDB684D7716.jpeg

Picked up a bottle today.

I'm an hour north of Pizza Boy

don't get there as much as I would like these days with kids and it will be less when I have a third kid but fortunately with them canning pretty regularly now I can have other people grab me some and bring it back up here

best Sunny Side Up variant I've had is the pumpkin

still have a can of regular, chocolate mint, and bourbon barrel aged in my fridge...they can SSU more than any other beer

they got rid of their one license (due to changes in PA beer laws...distributors able to sell 6 packs) and only have PA beers on tap but they really ramped up canning to offset sales they may have lost with non PA bottles/cans/crowlers

I'm an hour north of Pizza Boy

don't get there as much as I would like these days with kids and it will be less when I have a third kid but fortunately with them canning pretty regularly now I can have other people grab me some and bring it back up here

best Sunny Side Up variant I've had is the pumpkin

still have a can of regular, chocolate mint, and bourbon barrel aged in my fridge...they can SSU more than any other beer

they got rid of their one license (due to changes in PA beer laws...distributors able to sell 6 packs) and only have PA beers on tap but they really ramped up canning to offset sales they may have lost with non PA bottles/cans/crowlers

Their prices can't be beat as well. $15 for 6 pack of pints for an imperial stout?

Their sunny side up is very dangerous :lol: so tasty and creeps up on you. I wanna try their Trung Latte as I love viet coffee.

Probably gonna stop in the shop after the new year to grab some of the cocounut and cocoa SSU variants.

I check their facebook but don't check any other social media sites they're one

I knew they did those variants recently but I would have thought they would be gone by now...you sure they still have them?

I've had trung latte on draft and it was a bit dull, not bad though

I check their facebook but don't check any other social media sites they're one

I knew they did those variants recently but I would have thought they would be gone by now...you sure they still have them?

I've had trung latte on draft and it was a bit dull, not bad though

Yeah I asked Al a few days ago on IG and he had a few variants. Hoping they'll have a few left when I'm back from the holidays.

Have you tried their white bronco yet? Ive heard mixed things about that

yea, it was good but definitely not among my favorites of theirs

out of all the Pizza Boy IPA's I've had brewed with milk sugar the best were LegenDairy Pumpkin and LegenDairy Lemon

yea, it was good but definitely not among my favorites of theirs

out of all the Pizza Boy IPA's I've had brewed with milk sugar the best were LegenDairy Pumpkin and LegenDairy Lemon

Thats dope, I just moved to the Harrisburg area almost 2 years ago. We have an office here so I would also be here on business. Troegs is always my spot but I'm starting to branch out to the other places in the area. My coworker did an IPA collab with pizza boy a number of years ago so he out me on

Other places in the area include Evergrain and Tattered Flag. Owner of evergrain used to work at troegs. They're starting to distribute more now too

Thats dope, I just moved to the Harrisburg area almost 2 years ago. We have an office here so I would also be here on business. Troegs is always my spot but I'm starting to branch out to the other places in the area. My coworker did an IPA collab with pizza boy a number of years ago so he out me on

Other places in the area include Evergrain and Tattered Flag. Owner of evergrain used to work at troegs. They're starting to distribute more now too
Haven’t had the opportunity and it’s probably another 30 minutes past Harrisburg area but you should check out Rotunda Brewing in Annville

They putting out some stuff that’s been really well received

They’re doing “releases” but not cans or bottles...releases of draft, small batch

Check them out on social media

I’ve tried a little bit of Tattered Flag at the Little Big Beer Fest during Harrisburg Beer Week....if you haven’t been to that it’s a cool event to go to

Scored some bottles of one of the beers that really catapulted me into the world of craft beer from a friend today:

unnamed.jpg

This year's batch is nice, but nothing will ever compare to my first couple of experiences with this beer. I remember this being a coffee bomb, whereas this reminds me a lot of the base beer with the coffee taking a back seat. Still good, but another case of nostalgia causing expectations to not meet the reality.

Also while I'm here, I think today is a good day for Ford's top 17 of 2017. Let's get started:

17. Other Half x Siren Berries
unnamed-4.jpg

16. Other Half DDH All Citra Everything
unnamed-12.jpg

15. LIC Beer Project x Sand City Full Monty
unnamed.jpg

14. Other Half Cheddar Broccoli (not my picture)
Nm2ff7n.jpg

13. Other Half DDH Hop Showers w/ Motueka
unnamed-7.jpg

12. Tree House Curiosity 42
unnamed-13.jpg

11. Interboro x Other Half Another Dose
unnamed-3.jpg

10. Other Half x The Answer Raining Threes
unnamed-2.jpg

9. Other Half Double Citra Daydream
unnamed-5.jpg

Part 2:

8. Bissell Bros. Swish
unnamed-11.jpg

7. Other Half DDH Citra+Galaxy
unnamed-10.jpg

6 LIC Beer Project Pile of Crowns
unnamed-15.jpg

5. Other Half Green Power (batch 1)
unnamed-6.jpg

4. Hudson Valley Multichorus
unnamed-14.jpg

3. Other Half 3rd Anniversary
unnamed-1.jpg

2. Other Half x Sand City All Infinity Everything
unnamed-9.jpg

1. Hudson Valley Amorphia
unnamed-8.jpg

Honorable mentions: Tree House Alter Ego/Julius/Sap/In Perpetuity, Hudson Valley Subglitch, Other Half Taters/Twice Baked Potato/DDH Double Mosaic Daydream, Tilted Barn Violet/Other One, Equilibrium dHop5/Fractal Citra

Here's to hoping for another great year. Cheers, NT!

Screenshot_2017-12-30-17-48-48.png

Saw this at the store and decided to try. I must say, it kinda surprised me. It almost tasted more like wine to me and my girlfriend said it was like a "spritzer" lol. I actually personally liked it. It seems light compared to what I usually drink and a nice change of pace. I think I would get this again. I like blueberries and stuff so that helps.

Nice Comparison Ford Comparison Ford . Always appreciated your coherent descriptions and quality photos. I can't say the same for me.

Local brewery finally in on the haze train

They had a four part series, first releasing about 3 weeks back and then their last three have been on tap at the same time starting this Wednesday. I feel like I'm back in Vermont.

This one, one of my favorites. If anyone has traded with me before, this is an unfiltered scale tipper. A two time national IPA challenge winner. El Dorado, citra, Simcoe, and mosaic dominate.
Bosque brewing is about to open a larger scale production facility and if they can get this open space haze series in cans, we have ourselves a winner.

4A9B9D02-9347-45E7-AD44-1B21F489C264.jpeg

Basically everything I have ever loved out of this beer without the almost sickly ibu tongue fatigue bite. I'm almost done with the tongue numbing bitter beers. These ultra potent yet not too sweet hazy IPAs are too legit to pass over anymore.

Screenshot_2017-12-30-17-48-48.png

Saw this at the store and decided to try. I must say, it kinda surprised me. It almost tasted more like wine to me and my girlfriend said it was like a "spritzer" lol. I actually personally liked it. It seems light compared to what I usually drink and a nice change of pace. I think I would get this again. I like blueberries and stuff so that helps.

Southern Tier has a lot of nice flavors but theyre usually a little bit too heavy for my liking. But i will have to try this one for sure

Grabbed a six pack of Troegs Dream Weaver the other day. I think it was mentioned while we were discussing Troegs a few pages back. Pretty decent

A82F5809-A5C9-4F06-B434-5417EB1B2835.jpeg

Cant wait to try this tonight.

Update:
4D02B77E-11DF-4DCA-A361-0CA6857164AA.jpeg

This is fantastic. Good amount of tartness, cherries, funk and oak. A bit of sugary sweetness too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom