NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I mean if you live locally and are a regular patron, it’s probably annoying. But for us folk who see it once, maybe twice a year it’s a cool vibe imo
I sometimes try to bring my friends that drink but don't really care all that much about beer there on the weekends and it's comically predictable every time. They order a 4 oz. taster and ask that we get out of there ASAP. :lol:

Not mad at it, because we usually end up at Hometown BBQ or another great restaurant with a decent tap list where more fun is to be had.

Solid advice above, though. Unless it's an ultra-hyped release, cans are lasting at least 3-4 days now. Also gives you the chance to try the beers before buying cans.

Went to the sister high end branch of my local brewery. This place specializes in more fermented Sours and such. The food was also really good

31BA7D48-C3A6-4E25-85E8-657503EF3835.jpeg
8D0FF590-C715-4334-B733-22FACC049DEE.jpeg
6FB96F04-C46B-4A34-851C-A1412AF14817.jpeg

Been drinking a ton of sours lately. Saisons, not overly sweet kettle sours.

News is that Tired Hands Ourison, Shambolic, and Saisonhands is going to start making their way towards cans. If that's that case, I'll buy and drink the **** out of Saisonhands. The epitome of a crushable beer for me at the moment right now

Told myself that I’d cut back on buying beer because it rots in my fridge. But I came back with that haul from Other Half and here I am locking up a mule for this Saturday’s release.

want Oat Overdose because I’m a Tired Hands Stan. Really want Quadrangle because I love Citra and Trillium

Oat Overdose is really good. Had a can last night.

Would also recommend seeking out City Slickers. One of my favorite beers of all time.
Mule only has room for 12 cans in the box. Waiting for tomorrows announcement (Monkish is rumored). If it's not any good, City Slickers was going to be my backup

One guy was charging $30 + cost per four pack :lol: glad some people are still sensible. I have zero issue paying for a mule but let's not hit people over the head on something that is pretty much illegal anyways

Mule only has room for 12 cans in the box. Waiting for tomorrows announcement (Monkish is rumored). If it's not any good, City Slickers was going to be my backup

One guy was charging $30 + cost per four pack :lol: glad some people are still sensible. I have zero issue paying for a mule but let's not hit people over the head on something that is pretty much illegal anyways
You gotta draw the line at some point. Im not paying more than the product costs. Id struggle to even pay half.

dude is tryna get his haul paid for

After that last trip to VT, I came back home itching to retry some stuff I had missed over the past 4 months.

BA2DC0AE-3E34-4B32-9584-0C60E7ABD5FB.jpeg

These guys have been my local mainstay for years now. They don’t release their hazies all too frequently. One of the best they’ve ever done, yet at the end of the day, I don’t really want seconds, and can’t really finish the entire can. Maybe its the extra sweetness. Maybe the yeast? Anyone else feel this way about the big hazy dipas? Great after one but there’s no desire for seconds, like so many other beers.

I still think my preference is the standard prickly co2 wc ipa.
I found some relatively fresh SN HOP hunter. Great 12pk value.

i got to try espresso kbs. Really solid uptick in flavor. Not sure the price is worth it.
My typical go to, Stone Xococeza was a miss. Super bitter. As much as a wc ipa.
I retried some fresh FBS. Man. What a great price and value there. There’s almost too much chasing and not enough drinking.

Jai Alai got a retry after five years. It’s finally in my area. A totally normal wc ipa experience. I won’t be rebuying.
After a good 4 month break, I haven’t really missed much it seems. Pricing is absolutely ridiculous. I am glad newer guys are canning their stuff. I’m not about the $35 tap room experience anymore.

In the same breath, there's also a line where buying straight from the source isn't worth it. If you're coming from out of state, tolls and gas money alone will probably be more than the mule fee. Not to mention hours wasted in travel time and on line.

I've used mules in the past when I was really curious to try a beer outside of the radius I'd be willing to travel for it. I tend to value my time more than my money though.

After that last trip to VT, I came back home itching to retry some stuff I had missed over the past 4 months.

BA2DC0AE-3E34-4B32-9584-0C60E7ABD5FB.jpeg

These guys have been my local mainstay for years now. They don’t release their hazies all too frequently. One of the best they’ve ever done, yet at the end of the day, I don’t really want seconds, and can’t really finish the entire can. Maybe its the extra sweetness. Maybe the yeast? Anyone else feel this way about the big hazy dipas? Great after one but there’s no desire for seconds, like so many other beers.

I still think my preference is the standard prickly co2 wc ipa.
I found some relatively fresh SN HOP hunter. Great 12pk value.

i got to try espresso kbs. Really solid uptick in flavor. Not sure the price is worth it.
My typical go to, Stone Xococeza was a miss. Super bitter. As much as a wc ipa.
I retried some fresh FBS. Man. What a great price and value there. There’s almost too much chasing and not enough drinking.

Jai Alai got a retry after five years. It’s finally in my area. A totally normal wc ipa experience. I won’t be rebuying.
After a good 4 month break, I haven’t really missed much it seems.
+1 for Espresso KBS. Grabbed a single from a bottle shop by me and really enjoyed it. Markedly better than the original.

I also had a boulevard/MODERN Times restless times coffee porter. Loving the large scale seasonal selection now. The beer was thin but had a decent coffee roast flavor.
I saw something absolutely crazy at the beer store. $42 4pk of BA imperial stout, from a local brewery. It’s sitting at a score of 4 on UT. What are they thinking? They have solo cans for $15.
They also had an imperial pastry stout with coconut, cocoa nibs, and Himalayan Sea salt. That was priced a bit better at $5/single can. My area has their first hype brewery who isn’t really hitting the best of strides. Any WC folks heard of Ex Novo?
At that point, screw local. I’m buying GI BCBS.

I also had a boulevard/MODERN Times restless times coffee porter. Loving the large scale seasonal selection now. The beer was thin but had a decent coffee roast flavor.
I saw something absolutely crazy at the beer store. $42 4pk of BA imperial stout, from a local brewery. It’s sitting at a score of 4 on UT. What are they thinking? They have solo cans for $15.
They also had an imperial pastry stout with coconut, cocoa nibs, and Himalayan Sea salt. That was priced a bit better at $5/single can. My area has their first hype brewery who isn’t really hitting the best of strides. Any WC folks heard of Ex Novo?
At that point, screw local. I’m buying GI BCBS.
This year's Bourbon County is pretty great too. Had all the variants available by me and the original was the clear winner amongst them all.

I’ve heard of Ex Novo. Went to their taproom in September when visiting in September

they are nowhere near popular enough to be charging those prices (at that point, hate to say it but hype and demand drives up the price). And no beer is that expensive to make to charge that price.

for instance, Aslin is allowing people to create their own barrel aged stouts. Roughly a 2 adjunct beer with a 250-300 yield of 750ml bottles comes out to $30ish per bottle. And that’s after Aslins cut.

so yeah, in short, ex novo smoking crack

I also almost bought the mon Cheri for $26 before I came to my senses. I can’t blow my beer budget within one weekend.

Ex novo has a brewery in NM now too. I looked up their beers. It’s the kill the sun series. Their hazies lack in mouthfeel and aroma. I’d say their regular/ pastry stouts and lagers are better than their hazies. But when it’s all priced a bit crazy, I tend to stay away. I don’t see how a $15 16oz can has any true worth unless it’s rated at least a 4.5. At some point, I do need others to tell me if it’s good or not. I can’t always be a guinea pig.

And if you thought I was joking
Only positive is that the variant pack comes with 3-4 different variants. A mocha, horachata, and regular. I’ve been away from beer for 4-5 months. I don’t think this is normal at all.
Ba1050 is something like $20 for a four pack. Kbs espresso $22 range.

they’re basically charging $10/13 ounce draft upcharge price, with no discount on a can package pricing. That’s on par with TH charging $7-8 for their basics You gotta appreciate the ones who don’t gouge.

Last edited:
af1 1982 af1 1982 probably good that you didn't get City Slickers. This batch is different than the first two. Hell...even 2.0 was closer than this. It's not necessarily bad, just...different.
Dang; did you try anything else? How’s the trillium and Monkish tasting?

Heard we might get LAX 2 JFK and Lab Daydream next week

Last edited:
Dang; did you try anything else? How’s the trillium and Monkish tasting?

Heard we might get LAX 2 JFK and Lab Daydream next week
Had Blowin' Up The Spot last night and it's pretty much just as I had remembered it tasting back around 2017 (?). It's decent. Not bad, but pretty forgettable in today's day and age. Had Powdered Cheese also, which I thought was the superior beer. Oat Overdose has still been the best so far though.

Drinking the HDHC Quadrangle Test now. Sweet, boozy, and kind of harsh on the back end. If I were to compare this to HDHC More Citra Than All Citra it would be absolutely no contest. More Citra destroys Qudrangle.

Hearing good things about Homecoming and virtually nothing about !. Will get around to them later when my friends roll through.

Back
Top Bottom