NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

1st time posting on here. This weekend's pick ups.
20200124_165837.jpg

20200125_154317.jpg

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

af1 1982 af1 1982

Friend rolled through and I had ! and the Great Notion collab. ! is forgettable, but the Great Notion collab is upper echelon stuff. Didn't bother with El Camino Misfires because it's not really my wheelhouse in terms of flavor/style, but my breakdown is as follows:

Oat Overdose+Homecoming (tie for #1)>Nummy Nug Nug>Powdered Cheese>BUTS>!>City Slckers>Quadrangle

Will continue to let my friends mule cans back to me until the weekend of the 8th, where I'll be following in my tradition of maxing out on their new stuff.

^^^good **** man. I’m weary of the quadrangle because I usually don’t enjoy TIPA but I’m a sucker for Trillium and Citra. I heard that the BUTS has Monkish fingerprints all over it due to the dry backend which I’m sure I’ll love

Starting to dig into my haul from last weekends NYC trip. Wanna start doing detailed reviews again.

DDH Roc Showers with Citra Cryo and Mouteka

This one is straight melon (which is what I heard a lot of OH IPAs have been tasting like lately due to the yeast). Super smooth and creamy. Almost no bitterness to counteract the sweetness from the hops but still good nonetheless. Melon with an ever so slight bite that you get from galaxy. Solid

A2CD94D0-EF8E-450E-87A3-78290E755400.jpeg

So cal and WC, look for this gem
257AB9D7-A715-4D22-BA68-85496146C0B2.jpeg

Pizza port collabed with Modern times and La cumbre (of NM) For their Big West DIPA. Old school hops. 9.2% abv. 100+ abv.

Dankest, brightest aroma I've ever witnessed. Taste is a super dry backbone easy drinker, despite the abv.

It's bitter. It's unrelenting. But damn, I'm back guys. This one's good.

Daydreams Only

this ones just okay. Cashmere has been all the rage this year, especially at other half. It gives of fruity pebbles vibes and the daydream treatment didn’t do it any favors. Way too sweet imo. Glad I got to try cashmere hops so I know to avoid in the future. Galaxy, citra, and mosaic is their wheels house
E10D65B7-7411-44BC-A478-3860FA682A3C.jpeg

Double Vanilla Boysenberry Crunchee
52478CE0-BD1A-4866-8EF3-320458023523.jpeg

This ones a mess. The adjuncts are definitely there but there’s so many that the sweetness overpowers any tartness. Could do without the lactose and maple syrup. Boysenberry, granola, and almonds alone would have gotten the job done while maintaining the idea of a waffle recipe

Glad you liked it!

It's funny, though. When I saw you post that you got the Boysenberry Crunchee I mentally said "oof" :lol:. The novelty of those beers faded fast for me. Hard to call them a Berliner or a sour when they're not even sour because they're so muddied up with adjuncts. I gave my girlfriend a sample pour and she (accurately) described it as "Nutri-Grain beer". Way past the point of balance.

Also found Daydreams Only to be thoroughly mediocre.

Other Half does best without the lactose and crazy adjunct additions these days. It's also ****ing criminal how little we've seen of the Short, Dark series this fall/winter. Those are great.

Yeah I agree about the daydream series. Lactose was a novelty thing for about a year. Nowadays I avoid it if possible. Although I’ll buy Space Daydream and Citra Daydream without hesitation.

was disappointed to see this weekends LAX get the daydream treatment. Paid a mule anyway :lol: just glad to try a lot of these “classic”collabs in such a short time period though. Also grabbed the EQ collab too since I love their beers

still iffy on adding Berry Compote to my order. On paper, the adjuncts are very similar to the Crunchee series but the Veil does kettle sours with the best of them

after this, I just need an endless supply of space diamonds and ACE. Other half does galaxy and Citra beers better than anyone imo

^^^Dope. I grew up in that area (Grew up in North Wales, Imprint is next town over in Hatfield).

I still have never been :lol:

Other Half x Trillium HDHC Quadrangle Test

Malty, piney bitterness up front. Signature melon note. Overripe mangoes, over so slight citrus bite. Very sweet but not overpowering or cloying. However, a can is all I could probably do. Does it taste like a triple? Nah. But that’s not necessarily a good thing. They could extract the same hop flavors without the sweetness in a double IPA so no idea why make it a triple other than novelty. But, it accomplishes it’s goal of making a high ABV beer that drinks like a low one. I enjoyed the can

EDE2AA2E-7556-4B9B-9EC9-D8D9A66A5E9F.jpeg

Other Half x Monkish Blowin Up the Spot

Notes of melon, white wine. Creamy but with a nice hop bite. Will mellow out in a week but prefer it this way. Sweet and dry. Really digging this one

FF1AD7DD-9ADB-4FEE-BAE8-5D8298C7C6FE.jpeg

My buddy hosted a 12 days of Xmas event (about 5 weeks late) last night

Had all of the Bruery 12 days of Xmas beers from every year plus the re brewed ones from 2019

I had the intent to try them all but threw in the towel after 8 maids a milking :lol:

Just can’t do Belgian strong ale after Belgian strong ale when I ended having some pours of various Treehouse beers, a couple of Hudson Valley beers, and a half pint of DDH oh...forever on draft 🤷‍♂️

Someone also brought BBA versions of 8-11

90D3DE56-78A2-415B-9EAE-A19F29994A9C.jpeg
073F2F0C-9B1A-4A5B-9CEF-DE093A815BB4.jpeg

No pictures but I finally cracked open Velvet Magnun III. Based on the adjuncts. I expected it to be really sweet. But it was fairly subdued

Well how was it?!? I'm from Minnesota, & FS does some pretty cool things, and have been a big fan of JK for many years now. Vacationed in Austin with one of my focal points to see their farm.
I thought it was very good. It was tart but not over the top, with some earthy/herbal notes. Worth trying if you enjoy saison/farmhouse ales.

Back
Top Bottom