NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Equilibrium Mobile Can/Tap Takeover all weekend in Philly

AB896358-E046-4A7B-B96D-12C6EE9D87B4.jpeg

^^ Paid a mule for everything I wanted. Glad I locked up before Friday when the line formed. Did you get shot?

Funny thing is I’ve been thinking of lining up one of these Saturday’s. May have to avoid it now cause I ain’t about that life.

Funny thing is I’ve been thinking of lining up one of these Saturday’s. May have to avoid it now cause I ain’t about that life.
Barely any lines nowadays. And their regular offerings are as good if not better than these Anniversary IPAs. Main one I was interested in is the 4th Anniversary because that's one of my favorite beers I've had from them when it was first released 2 years ago.

But Space Diamonds, ACE, Mylar, Hop Showers>>>>>

And they usually release those mid week in large quantities that sit for several days before selling out

Let’s make a few things clear:

1. This was not your typical Saturday. If anything this is as bad as it gets, and that’s by a VERY wide margin.

2. Showing up on Saturday isn’t always necessary. All Citra and Space Diamonds always sell out decently fast. Sought after collabs will follow suit, but everything else lasts past the weekend.

3. No one there is “about that life.” Their clientele is out-of-state pastry bois and resellers. “Sheltered” is an understatement. Read the NY Post article about this release for posterity.:lol:

Anyways, thoughts on 6th? It’s getting great reviews although I do question the number of hops you can blend before creating a specific flavor becomes useless.

Never had Bananaversary and passed on the chance at a bottle at $45. Oh well, slowly learning that pastry stouts ain’t really my thing. However, it might be one of their highest rated beers on Untappd

Anyways, thoughts on 6th? It’s getting great reviews although I do question the number of hops you can blend before creating a specific flavor becomes useless.

Never had Bananaversary and passed on the chance at a bottle at $45. Oh well, slowly learning that pastry stouts ain’t really my thing. However, it might be one of their highest rated beers on Untappd
6th is very good as is, but I'd imagine it will improve a lot of over the next 2-4 weeks. It doesn't taste like the overly intense "OmG jUiCe BoMb" jet fuel I had anticipated. This one is a little rounder and smoother right out the gate. As much as I like single-hop beers and ones that are simple enough to where you can pull out bits of each, they did a great job with the blend.

Haven't tried this year's Bananaversary, but last year's was pretty exceptional. From what I've been reading it's as good as ever. If you're not a pastry stout fan then I wouldn't recommend. I'm gonna open up a bottle for science, but the rest are for sale.
had the 5th anni banana thai and the one w/ almonds, cacao nibs, etc.

both were excellent

but I'm certain not worth the wait imo
Definitely not worth the wait if you went there to camp out all night. That's beyond stupid and I can't believe how many people do that. I'm sure that a lot of them are mules, but there HAS to be an easier way to make money!

The only reason I was able to get everything was because I chipped in with 2 other friends and hired a line-sitting service to go pick up a bracelet for us that night and deliver it to me when I got there in the morning. Cheaper than a mule, far less miserable than camping out, and since I called dibs on the BA Bananaversary bottle because I coordinated everything and picked it all up I was able to make all of my money back and then some.

I waited 3 hours total, and I STILL wouldn't do it again. Camping out overnight for beer is diagnosably crazy.

34099E78-D5E1-4FF3-A015-F3D2BD702EE9.jpeg

Other Half x Equilibrium - “Lab Daydreams”

Digging this one and I’m sure it will be even better in one more week. Citra and Galaxy might be my favorite hop combo because you can get anywhere from pineapple to lemon sorbet to mango to a diesel dankness

This one was super creamy yet not heavy. Despite the Daydreams moniker, I don’t think this has any lactose. Mango and a slight piney bitterness

Triples ain’t my thing all the time (10% beer doesn’t taste or feel good and if it’s flavorful enough to hide the alcohol, why not drop the ABV). But this one hit the spot

Equilibrium top 3 hoppy beer maker in the country rn. The way they extract the juice character from hops is second to none

D0D810CC-138A-4EEE-83C6-DBF2F36A030D.jpeg

Wish I got more of this. Light, crisp, crushable. Notes of papaya, lemon, mango. Give me this over the higher octane stuff anyday

Continuing the digging into my EQ haul

Equilibrium Energy Equals

Seriously. No one extracts hop juice from hops like EQ. Absolutely zero bitterness, I’d be surprised if there was any kettle or whirlpool hopping. Thinner for the ABV. Not indicative of the “style” but I actually prefer this body/ABV combo. I often find that NEIPAs can be too heavy.

Anyways, this is all overripe mango and papaya. Incredible

33B8E956-61C3-4205-8DAD-5BD7F7EEEA9F.jpeg

Been buying way more beer than i can drink lately lol. Between these two just coming in and a shipment from the big homie af1 on the way I think my fridge is stocked for the forseeable future.

wait i do wanna find a monkish plug, but after i do ill be set.

Just trying to see if all this **** is worth the hype really

Attachments

• 9540B334-DFDA-41A0-B15C-1EC476B19E52.jpeg
    9540B334-DFDA-41A0-B15C-1EC476B19E52.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 77
  • FC26C6F1-C854-475A-A63B-E9AB93A8D1C6.jpeg
    FC26C6F1-C854-475A-A63B-E9AB93A8D1C6.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 90
Have you had Treehouse before? I say it every chance I get, but Green is my favorite beer on the planet. Best Hazy IPA out there imo. Especially if it's fresh.

Doubleganger is also elite. Really Really enjoyed that one. JJJ is great as well. Only two "whales" i need to cross of the Treehouse list is KJ and VH. Looking at my Untappd checkins, I've had Tired Hands, Treehouse, and Other Half beers more than any other brewery. And by a large margin as well.

Have you had Treehouse before? I say it every chance I get, but Green is my favorite beer on the planet. Best Hazy IPA out there imo. Especially if it's fresh.

Doubleganger is also elite. Really Really enjoyed that one. JJJ is great as well. Only two "whales" i need to cross of the Treehouse list is KJ and VH. Looking at my Untappd checkins, I've had Tired Hands, Treehouse, and Other Half beers more than any other brewery. And by a large margin as well.

KJ is very good but I think Ggrreenn is the best I’ve had. But I’m biased, out of all the beers, Green is one of my top 3 beers.

Never had anything from them. Thats why i wanted to grab the “classics” and higher rated ones. The dude also had some other stuff i wanted to grab but i was trying to chill.

Ended up in Philly for the car show yesterday. Stopped by comcast TH general store for the first time. Grabbed a 4 pk of strawberry Margherita and 8 cans of banana split.
The normal strawberry milkshake was one of my favs. Im an ice cream fiend AND a banana fiend so the banana split was a must grab for me.

Never had anything from them. Thats why i wanted to grab the “classics” and higher rated ones. The dude also had some other stuff i wanted to grab but i was trying to chill.

Ended up in Philly for the car show yesterday. Stopped by comcast TH general store for the first time. Grabbed a 4 pk of strawberry Margherita and 8 cans of banana split.
The normal strawberry milkshake was one of my favs. Im an ice cream fiend AND a banana fiend so the banana split was a must grab for me.
Lmk how they are. Going back home to my parents house this weekend. Might stop by TH. Definitely want to make a trip to Imprint if they gave Schmojees leftover

Lmk how they are. Going back home to my parents house this weekend. Might stop by TH. Definitely want to make a trip to Imprint if they gave Schmojees leftover

Had a banana split last night. It wasnt bad. But also not what ive come to expect from the milkshakes. Curious to see other thoughts on it. Im kinda regretting getting two packs.

also had a blueberry crunchee...not a fan. Would much rather drink a schmoojee

Back
Top Bottom