NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Any Oktoberfest beer fans in here? Only new ones I tried this year were Sierra Nevada and Founders and neither one was anything special, IMO. I think Paulaner is still GOAToberfest based on the ones I've tried over the years.
I enjoy the style well enough, but I don't think it's a style that lends itself to any "WOW" type of reaction.

I like Sierra Nevada's iteration and I back just about anything Weihenstephaner does, but that's where it starts and ends for me.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200807215151670_COVER.jpg

Could see why people liked the heady topper.

Sluice juice by Bent Water in Lynn, MA has been my go to this past summer after trying it on a beer tour in Feb. It's a hazy juicy ipa.

Any Oktoberfest beer fans in here? Only new ones I tried this year were Sierra Nevada and Founders and neither one was anything special, IMO. I think Paulaner is still GOAToberfest based on the ones I've tried over the years.
At the point where whenever I visit a brewery I almost always get whatever German lager or pilsner is on tap

my local brewery (evergrain) did a slow pour Czech pilsner and it was one of my favorite beers I’ve had all year

good thing about the style is that you don’t need to seek it out from other breweries. Your local probably makes a really good one. At least here in PA where there is a heavy German influence

Had these this weekend, wasnt super impressed by any of them but they were OK. The blurrier was trash

ive found my preference isthe straight fruity schmoojees. When they start adding stuff other than fruit (chocolate, marshmallow, caramel, syrup, etc) **** gets weird

Attachments

• E91F9F44-B551-425F-A4E5-BD0E34FC8B9D.jpeg
    E91F9F44-B551-425F-A4E5-BD0E34FC8B9D.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 5
  • 860C6F70-32B0-474A-8881-11D46C9A3D33.jpeg
    860C6F70-32B0-474A-8881-11D46C9A3D33.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 5778A108-95E9-4013-B73D-0A3C848D38A1.jpeg
    5778A108-95E9-4013-B73D-0A3C848D38A1.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 3E853088-3086-458D-9D55-43BDFBD91C60.jpeg
    3E853088-3086-458D-9D55-43BDFBD91C60.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 50
At the point where whenever I visit a brewery I almost always get whatever German lager or pilsner is on tap

my local brewery (evergrain) did a slow pour Czech pilsner and it was one of my favorite beers I’ve had all year

good thing about the style is that you don’t need to seek it out from other breweries. Your local probably makes a really good one. At least here in PA where there is a heavy German influence
what do you think about Mellow Mink?

haven't had a chance to go there except a few months ago when I went to Evergrain but didn't realize it was in a strip mall w/ no outdoor seating so I just skipped it, especially since I had a two year old w/ me

Had these this weekend, wasnt super impressed by any of them but they were OK. The blurrier was trash

ive found my preference isthe straight fruity schmoojees. When they start adding stuff other than fruit (chocolate, marshmallow, caramel, syrup, etc) **** gets weird
I find the whole genre of slurpee/sleepover sour gets really old really fast. Even the ones I really enjoyed would sit in my fridge for months on end because it's something I never crave.

Couldn't imagine drinking them on a regular basis.

I've never tried any of the Schmoogie stuff, but the whole slurpie/smoothie/clever name stuff seems to be a cheap/easy way to turn out a alcoholic beverage (don't wanna call it a beer) and turn a good profit, as it seems to be all the rage, and a lot of places are crankin em out.

Maybe it's me, but it kinda seems like cheating when they aren't using whole fruit, kinda feels like they are dumping a frozen can of concentrate from the grocery store 😂😪

what do you think about Mellow Mink?

haven't had a chance to go there except a few months ago when I went to Evergrain but didn't realize it was in a strip mall w/ no outdoor seating so I just skipped it, especially since I had a two year old w/ me
Super underrated. Right by me, their Janet Weiss series is excellent. Especially since I love all things apple

^I didn't bother going in cause I didn't take my son in there

I think they occasionally have bottles...may have to look into it next time I go down that way

I find the whole genre of slurpee/sleepover sour gets really old really fast. Even the ones I really enjoyed would sit in my fridge for months on end because it's something I never crave.

Couldn't imagine drinking them on a regular basis.
I hear you

For me, I dont drink on a regular basis period so I never get to that point

im also a sweet>savory food person. One of the main appeals for these is that my girl will try them too. She reallt likes the imprint x beer zombie collab that just dropped last weekend

Back
Top Bottom