NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by AJChick23

RUST, I was about to say that's weird Victory Golden Monkey is tough to find for you (love that brew..and it'll knock you on your @++ after a few
laugh.gif
) but I just realized you're on
the left coast and it's brewed in PA.

As for Lagunitas, that should be easier to find for you since they're in Cali as well.

I'm long overdue to do a latest pickups review
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 I'm actually in Western North Carolina right now. Been here for almost two years 
sick.gif
 But the beer scene here in Asheville NC is awesome! They were named Beer City USA last year. That Victory Golden Monkey surprised me by how much I liked it. Build a sixer deals are dope as hell when you find a new hole in the wall spot that carries stuff I've never had.

RUST, I was about to say that's weird Victory Golden Monkey is tough to find for you (love that brew..and it'll knock you on your @++ after a few
laugh.gif

As for Lagunitas, that should be easier to find for you since they're in Cali as well.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 I'm actually in Western North Carolina right now. Been here for almost two years 
sick.gif
 But the beer scene here in Asheville NC is awesome! They were named Beer City USA last year. That Victory Golden Monkey surprised me by how much I liked it. Build a sixer deals are dope as hell when you find a new hole in the wall spot that carries stuff I've never had.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif
lots of breweries around the Portland area.... i love driving around with my friends and trying their samplers...then taking some growlers home...
 ive been hooked on this place called hopworks...

pimp.gif
lots of breweries around the Portland area.... i love driving around with my friends and trying their samplers...then taking some growlers home...
 ive been hooked on this place called hopworks...

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

As you can see I drank these already but thats the past 2 weeks buys.

Frog Level Brewery -- New tiny micro brew here in town and this is the latest I got from them, Tadpole Porter, I'm quickly becoming a fan of stronger porters! 

Victory Golden Monkey -- Great beer I would buy by the case if it was more readily available where I live.

Pacemake Pale Ale -- Was decent, middle of the pack brew I would say.

Lagunitas Pale Ale -- Definitely one of my favorites, again, if it was more available I would cop more often. 

Allagash White -- Liked it a lot, most have tried it here I think, but if you haven't definitely try and find it!

Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA -- 91 rated on BA, I thought it wasn't that great but still a beer I would buy again.

Twisted Kilt Scoths Style Ale -- I liked this beer a a lot. Pretty cheap compared to the rest I bought. Not sure if because of availability or quality lol.
I love the Loose Cannon IPA, full of pineapple flavor.

As you can see I drank these already but thats the past 2 weeks buys.

Frog Level Brewery -- New tiny micro brew here in town and this is the latest I got from them, Tadpole Porter, I'm quickly becoming a fan of stronger porters! 

Victory Golden Monkey -- Great beer I would buy by the case if it was more readily available where I live.

Pacemake Pale Ale -- Was decent, middle of the pack brew I would say.

Lagunitas Pale Ale -- Definitely one of my favorites, again, if it was more available I would cop more often. 

Allagash White -- Liked it a lot, most have tried it here I think, but if you haven't definitely try and find it!

Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA -- 91 rated on BA, I thought it wasn't that great but still a beer I would buy again.

Twisted Kilt Scoths Style Ale -- I liked this beer a a lot. Pretty cheap compared to the rest I bought. Not sure if because of availability or quality lol.
I love the Loose Cannon IPA, full of pineapple flavor.

Originally Posted by proper english

^^I've seen that and have been meaning to pick it up. I just can't remember where I saw it at lol

i bought a few LostCoast beers @ BevMo

mad.gif
 I wish I was this much into beer when I lived in San Diego with BevMo locations all over.

^^I've seen that and have been meaning to pick it up. I just can't remember where I saw it at lol

mad.gif
 I wish I was this much into beer when I lived in San Diego with BevMo locations all over.

A Sixpoint Brownstone is all I need right now. Too bad I've only ever seen it on tap, never bottled or canned like Sixpoint usually does. Quickly becoming one of my favorites. I do love those brown ales.

755.eo.matttorreys15.jpg

A Sixpoint Brownstone is all I need right now. Too bad I've only ever seen it on tap, never bottled or canned like Sixpoint usually does. Quickly becoming one of my favorites. I do love those brown ales.

755.eo.matttorreys15.jpg

mad.gif

BevMo ships as well.

mad.gif

BevMo ships as well.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

digital022, let me know how the beer making goes. We just finished off a small corney keg of our 7.1% brown ale..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Black patent malts. Chocolate malt flavors... Darker than hell though. Crystal 90l Malt will do that to you. It won't win any contests I'm sure, but the drinkability is there. We won't drink bad beer. And so far none of it has been crazy bad. A blonde ale is in the works right now, just in time for St. Patricks day. It'll have to be a fast cycle, which isn't necessarily ideal. But it'll be fine. 2 weeks to ferment. then a 7 day cold crash/forced carbonation leading right up to st. patricks day
Mmm. That brown ale sounds tasty. I love dark beers.  As for bottling, I'm hoping to start using corney kegs in the near future.
I recently tried our first batch after being bottled for 2.5 weeks. Its a west coast pale ale and has a really nice color,  hop flavor and aroma. It poured with a nice head but seemed to be a little over carbonated. The bottle cap shot off when I opened it. Overall, I was surprised at how well it came out. We just bottled our 2nd batch, which is a malty black belgian ale ~8.5%.  Our third batch is currently fermenting, which is another west coast pale ale. Next, I' think we'll be doing  a black IPA. Either that or a porter.

2du0abl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom