NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

^Yea I was surprised to see quite a few pumpkin beers already for sale. Even poop butt wal mart is getting into the craft pumpkin ales around my way. I'm not complaining though.

This surpassed my expectations for sure. If you can find Spine Tingler for .99 a bomber make the pick up. I bought a whole case for less than 13 bucks. :nthat:

Dogfish Head 60 min IPA
Brooklyn IPA
Sam Adams Lattitude 48 IPA
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Modelo
Heineken
PBR
Blue Moon

Those are the ones I drink the most

Drinking many types of Oktoberfest's and watching CFB is prob my favorite time of the year....Buddy of mine said Sierra Nevadas Hoptimum is buns... Any truth??? I love Summerfest and cant wait to try Ruthless Rye

^I think it will get better with some age, but I definitely didn't think it sucked. I put some away to age for awhile to compare. But if he doesn't like a strong hoppy taste he probably thought it was horrid lol

Pumpkin ales? Is it really that time of year again.

Anyway picked this up yesterday.

I was surprised myself, but some bars and restaurants are already serving it on draft. Went to R.F. O'Sullivan's last week and their Sam Seasonal was Oktoberfest. I'm pretty sure it's still early August, but it's whatever.

Drinking many types of Oktoberfest's and watching CFB is prob my favorite time of the year....Buddy of mine said Sierra Nevadas Hoptimum is buns... Any truth??? I love Summerfest and cant wait to try Ruthless Rye

Hoptimum is awesome if you like a real bitter hop beer. Takes some getting used to, and definitely not something an average drinker should start off with when making the jump into craft beer. Hopslam is much more balanced than Hoptimum, but it's only an annual release, and you'd be hard pressed to come across any until next year. Ruthless was just ok I thought.

I think Octoberfest beers are all pretty mediocre. I've tried many different kinds over the years. Last year, the only one that stood out the most was Summit. Just had more full flavor, and a nice finish. Might have to see if there are any new ones up here in Minnesota that I didn't have access to in Iowa. I personally think that for the season, a fresh hop/wet hop beer makes me love summer winding down, and fall harvest of hops, to get me ready for fall. Take those any day over an Octoberfest.

got a nice buzz off some magic hate not so pale ale last night.. sippin sierra nevada today..

was in San Diego last week, what yall know about Karl Strauss :smokin

I was in Chicago this past week and tried a local beer....Metropolitan Krankshaft and thought it was really good. Anyone else familiar with it? I wish i could get it here in Cincinnati

got a nice buzz off some magic hate not so pale ale last night.. sippin sierra nevada today..
was in San Diego last week, what yall know about Karl Strauss :smokin

tried seirra nevada once.. it was terrible :x

:smh: Really? I wouldn't say SN is the GOAT but its definitely far from terrible.

I've been digging into my stash of Spine Tingler as of late but I think that I'll be trying out my first bottle of Hoptimum tonight.

Anyone messed around with those Sam Adams "limited" brews that come in those four packs with awesome designs on them? I saw some at the local grocery store and might have to try a few.

Anyone messed around with those Sam Adams "limited" brews that come in those four packs with awesome designs on them? I saw some at the local grocery store and might have to try a few.

I had the wheat one on tap; I am not big on very strong alcoholic beers especially when you can taste the alcohol more than the beer itself

Making a trip to Indianapolis to visit some family next weekend, cant wait to come back with some Three Floyds. :smokin :smokin

My wife loved that Shocktop Raspberry Wheat... I thought it was tasty as well... Hopslam is awesome, but I may like 90 Minute IPA a little more... Hopslam is all over my neighborhood when it hits the shelves... $17.99/ 6 pack is not bad either.... Just saw the sign that Fat Tire will be in Michigan August 27th.... Very happy... Haven't had one in a couple of years and my body is ready... Dogfish Heads Punkin Ale should also be out Septmber 1st... That week will kill my wallet

Back
Top Bottom