NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Anyone messed around with those Sam Adams "limited" brews that come in those four packs with awesome designs on them? I saw some at the local grocery store and might have to try a few.
They mainly sell them in bombers right? A buddy of mine got a 6 or 12 pack, one of each I believe specialty. So we had a tasting session.. Many of them tried to be different, and in the process really messed with the style of the beer and potential. I can't really recall any memorable beers among those few. Some I recall added fruits when the flavor was spot on without them. Definitely "limited" small batch experiments. Nothing was terrible. But cost wise, it is a close one. You might be better sticking to what you know or getting a mixed pack vs. a $5-6 bomber.

-----------------------------
What's the shelf life on Dogfish head 60 minute IPA? It's not even available in my state and had some family bring me back some. I have 3 of the 6 left... Easy to drink, quite sweet. Definitely a great intro IPA for those wanting to jump in. And you pretty much don't even have to go look any further.

Pyramid Brewery out of the PNW just introduced their Octoberfest these past few weeks. I had a choice between that and some sam adams pumpkin beer, and chose octoberfest.. I have yet to find a pumpkin beer I like. But Octoberfests are something else.

I love craft beer and the true variety. But I have to admit. Some days you just want an easy drinking, almost tasteless, refreshing SESSION drink that you can have more than 4 of without falling over... I have continued to stay loyal with Dos XX Lager Especial. With that said, I don't think I can ever get on anyone for liking what they like.
--------

Some personal home brew news.. We brewed up 6 gallons of a english brown ale at the end of July. It's ready to drink today.

The recipe called for a very light influx of chocolate malts and darker crystal malts. Overall the recipe was very low in alcohol. So we kicked it up a notch all around with more grains, and more hops... It's now really one of a kind. Instead of 1/4 lb of Chocolate Malt and Black patent Malt, we went up to a full pound. Crystal 80L was increased as well ( 80 denoting the approx. color level. Many lighter beers call for 10L etc).

Pretty much at the END of the darkness scale for beers.
6.2% ABV.

I realize this isnt a homebrew thread. But that's what I'll be drinking through the weekend before all of it runs dry.
If you love bitter chocolate, this one's for you/

They mainly sell them in bombers right? A buddy of mine got a 6 or 12 pack, one of each I believe specialty. So we had a tasting session.. Many of them tried to be different, and in the process really messed with the style of the beer and potential. I can't really recall any memorable beers among those few. Some I recall added fruits when the flavor was spot on without them. Definitely "limited" small batch experiments. Nothing was terrible. But cost wise, it is a close one. You might be better sticking to what you know or getting a mixed pack vs. a $5-6 bomber.
What's the shelf life on Dogfish head 60 minute IPA? It's not even available in my state and had some family bring me back some. I have 3 of the 6 left... Easy to drink, quite sweet. Definitely a great intro IPA for those wanting to jump in. And you pretty much don't even have to go look any further.
Pyramid Brewery out of the PNW just introduced their Octoberfest these past few weeks. I had a choice between that and some sam adams pumpkin beer, and chose octoberfest.. I have yet to find a pumpkin beer I like. But Octoberfests are something else.
I love craft beer and the true variety. But I have to admit. Some days you just want an easy drinking, almost tasteless, refreshing SESSION drink that you can have more than 4 of without falling over... I have continued to stay loyal with Dos XX Lager Especial. With that said, I don't think I can ever get on anyone for liking what they like.
Some personal home brew news.. We brewed up 6 gallons of a english brown ale at the end of July. It's ready to drink today.
The recipe called for a very light influx of chocolate malts and darker crystal malts. Overall the recipe was very low in alcohol. So we kicked it up a notch all around with more grains, and more hops... It's now really one of a kind. Instead of 1/4 lb of Chocolate Malt and Black patent Malt, we went up to a full pound. Crystal 80L was increased as well ( 80 denoting the approx. color level. Many lighter beers call for 10L etc).

Pretty much at the END of the darkness scale for beers.
6.2% ABV.
I realize this isnt a homebrew thread. But that's what I'll be drinking through the weekend before all of it runs dry.
If you love bitter chocolate, this one's for you/
I wish I could get a pint of that...

Anyone out in Cali that could score me a few Stone "Enjoy by 9-21-12" IPA? and a few other gems from the region?

The wife and I went out Saturday on a beer hunt and came back with some good stuff...

Since Shelton Brothers no longer has a Missouri distributor (should have one by year's end they tell me), the beers they distro are getting in short supply, especially Jolly Pumpkin (my favorite brewery by far). So, we got could be the last three Jolly Pumpkins in Kansas City...two bottles of Weizen Bam and one Bam Biere. Can't wait for them to start sending fresh ones soon...not least because Julian will be hooking it up with a huge beer dinner and interactive session with Jolly Pumpkin as soon as they're back.

Also grabbed a 2009 Avery/Russian River Collaboration Not Litigation, Stillwater Premium, Stillwater Table Beer, The Perfect Crime European Blonde and The Perfect Crime American Blonde.

The Perfect Crime is a new effort from Brian Strumke of Stillwater Artisan Ales, Jeppe from Evil Twin and the head of 12 Percent, their importer/wholesaler. Good stuff.

I picked up a 4 pack of DFH 90min IPA... For $11.99 I just cant pass it up... Waiting for next week.... Monday brings New Belgium Fat Tire to Michigan and hopefully Saturday will bring DFH Punkin Ale.... All leading up to puiled pork sangwhiches and Michigan vs Bama Saturday at 8.

I just got a case of Sam Adams, and sheesh it was good. I took a bottle and I'm using it as a marinade for my chicken

Boy was last night a sh*tshow... First off, happy hour had 1.50 pints of any harpoon or new belgium brew. That was enough to make me want to fall asleep on the couch watching preseason football. But after dinner my coworker and I get back to my house and down a 4 pack of hoptimum and his roommate shows up with a case of longhammer IPA. Thats about all I can remember. But being at work now with a raging headache is not the business. :x

Back
Top Bottom