NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Had me some golden Monkey yesterday...pretty daaamn good

I picked up some new Short's:

Haven't tried the Short's cake yet, but the Lil Wheezy from the variety pack is good. As you can see, Short's is my favorite brewery.

Drank a Speedway Stout on tap last night at a bar in Astoria.  I remember liking it a lot, but I was a little too drunk to get a fair read on it.  The ladyfriend I was with thought it was a little too sweet for her liking.

I tasted that Rubaeus when I was at Founder's. I liked it, but there is no way I could drink an entire pint or bottle of it. Way too sweet for me.

-J-
Yeah I don't mind sweet, and the Rubaeus is pretty good, but I like the Samuel Smith's Organic Raspberry Ale better. Also, Perrin Brewery in Comstock Park makes a good raspberry ale.

Oatmeal Yeti?!? WOT? Gonna search for that now.

I like old chub, but it ends up being $4/can where I am :x

After five sips of this, the verdict is in: this beer tastes like mango iced tea that causes your throat to burn for at least 30 minutes after drinking it.  I've had enough.  This beer is an easy drain pour.  A testament to the fact that even some of the best breweries in the world will have their flops.  3/10.

Last edited:
After five sips of this, the verdict is in: this beer tastes like mango iced tea that causes your throat to burn for at least 30 minutes after drinking it.  I've had enough.  This beer is an easy drain pour.  A testament to the fact that even some of the best breweries in the world will have their flops.  3/10.

I hated this brew. Sad to see from Founders really...

it was on sale at walmart, so this is what ill be drinking tonight. havent really tried any of the sam adams line so i figured what the heck 

it was on sale at walmart, so this is what ill be drinking tonight. havent really tried any of the sam adams line so i figured what the heck 
boston lager is decent...dont really know about their harvest stuff but their summer belgian session is on freaking point.

Good to see the Fall version already on the shelves (Sam Adams seems to always introduce the next season early) since the summer pack was my least favorite by far.

I went to Total Wine yesterday and the fall brews are hitting shelves it seems.

Went to Grizzly Bear last night at the Hollywood Cemetary.
This was some of the damage me and a buddy did.

Not pictured: Wailua Wheatfor the wife and Dogfishhead Festina Peche. That Peche was very good. Light, super easy to drink.

-J-

I've made the mistake of getting excited over pumpkin beers the past two years, only to be completely over them after drinking one.

Anyone else not really into them at all?

I've made the mistake of getting excited over pumpkin beers the past two years, only to be completely over them after drinking one.

I'm the complete opposite, pumpkin beers are my absolute favorite, I try everyone I see

Pumpkin beer and NFL on Sunday > everything in life (maybe)

I'm the complete opposite, pumpkin beers are my absolute favorite, I try everyone I see

Pumpkin beer and NFL on Sunday > everything in life (maybe)
I've heard good things about Pumking.  Might have to give it another shot.

Back
Top Bottom