NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Had a few with a buddy of mine last night. Have you guys tried any of these?

Funky Buddah - Nib Smugler
Cigar City - Sardo Numspa
Maui Brewing Co. - Coconut Porter

Made a quick TW run last night.
Picked up:
-So Happens It's Tuesday from The Bruery
-Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Tropical IPA
-Sierra Nevada Otra Vez
-BP Pineapple Sculpin
-Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker
-21st Amendment Fireside Chat (yuck). Got about 3/4 way through and dumped it. It just wasn't good.
And then to my surprise, there was a big display of BCBS. About 20 cases. 13.7% version. I picked up a bottle.
I'm convinced that there is absolutely no way you can live in CA and not have multiple bottles of this if you want it.

My local bottleshop is still sitting on cases of BCBS as well. Have 4 left myself so no need to pickup anymore. Also picked up some Pineapple Sculpin today. Not expecting much so we'll see.

Sipping on this tonight. Good stuff!

I wish I could find BCBS sitting 
laugh.gif

I've done pretty well this year. Only a couple trips. Been passing on a lot of stuff I would typically buy, even when stopping in I buy less. 

Dale Katechis of Oskar Blues came to my hometown of Flint, MI to raise awareness and distribute canned water from the brewery, so I drove the hour to have a pint with the guy. Craft beer is a community, and I can think of no better community than Flint. Printed on the bottom of the cans? FlintsGotGrit.
How fast were you going when you took those pictures? 
laugh.gif

meyer23 meyer23 the drive between Flint and Lansing is almost as boring as LV-LA. I could have been going 85-90, lol.

Picked up Black Flame (BBA maple stout from White Flame brewing in MI, not from 3 Floyd's) and stopped by the Founder's Cellar Raid. BA Honeystuff was way too sweet. Spike Cutlass was a solid barleywine, and KBS Cran Blast was hot sauce in a glass (like most of the Blast stuff).

Had a few with a buddy of mine last night. Have you guys tried any of these?

Funky Buddah - Nib Smugler
Cigar City - Sardo Numspa
Maui Brewing Co. - Coconut Porter

Almost got Nib today, but the lactose in it makes nervous lol. Just found a place down here that has Florida beers for a really good price.

I wish I could find BCBS sitting :lol:

Seriously.

Got these tonight

Is the Imperial Stout only available in singles? This guy was raving about sculpin in the store. Not an IPA guy but figured I'd give it a try.

Last edited:
Imperial stout is sold in 4 packs. Tony Romo (what a bunch of fellow beer geeks call Two Hearted b/c it is simultaneously so over- and underrated) is a fantastic IPA, but I'd take the Sculpin over it any day. Grapefruit Sculpin is amazing.

I had the grapefruit one about a week ago I wasn't really into it. I suppose when I try pale ales I'm looking for one that I like better than two hearted. Its the only pale ale I've tried so far that I like.

Drinking the stout right now. Its really good. I'm curious how it tastes when it warms up.

Last edited:
Some clarification. The 20 cases of BCBS is mixed - 14.3% & 13.7%. I drank a 14 tonight and replaced it with another 14.
Also drank the Otra Vez tonight and was thoroughly impressed. I thought it was delicious.
Also had the Pineapple Sculpin and was again imoressd. Sweetness of the pineapple really cut the hop bitterness (but not too much).
The Sierra Nevada Tropical IPA was a bit of a let down. It tasted like another IPA I have had before, I just couldn't put my finger on which one.
That Otra Vez though.....

Today's re-up:

Drinking a 2nd Anniversary IIPA right now.  So far I'd rank this as one of the best Other Half beers to date.  Straight fruit juice.

Hit up local brewery for some chicken and waffles and two pints. Pint pours seem ridiculous to me anymore. Dropped 10 on two then said screw this brewery crawl I was about to embark on and went straight for total wine

-Went with a single for a 1st try on azacca by founders.
-More fbs. I think I drank a 4pack last night. Night was blurry. Their stock is drying up for sure.
-otras price point is high considering it's abv but I did try this past week on a single. So I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
-been craving hop hunter for a bit. Could never find under a month old. Today I succeeded.
-bit the bullet on avoiding a single of Sam Adams gf ipa. It's 2 bucks for 1 or 7 for six. No brainer. Impressions soon
-money where my mouth is on Citra delic. Bought 1 awhile back, liked it, and now returning for a more value orientated purchase
- 5 day old local ipa. Can't leave a store without at least a four pack.

That's pretty much what will be my superbowl lineup

Last edited:
^ had one last night and felt the same way. Sweetness didn't mesh well with the hops for me. Tried the Mango Even Keel as well and that was surprisingly tasty.

I said I was going to try more local beers before i moved on to Belgian trippels. Hard to pass up when its a good price.

Let's see how this goes.

Last edited:
This ranks somewhere in my top 3 IPAs.  Probably #1, honestly:

The photo doesn't do the appearance justice.  Straight fruit juice.

Trying to cut down on IPAs though, I've been reading about the estrogenic effects on the male body. I drink mostly Heineken, if not maybe every once in a while, Lagunitas...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom