NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Lots of vanilla on this one, not as much coffee as I expected, smooth velvet texture, great milk stout I wish it was available regularly

My friend sent me a very exciting screenshot this morning. Here's to all of my fellow Massachusetts buddies!!!! He is currently trying to get it distributed to his store

the demand for this beer out here in CT is crazy. Anytime people are on tours here and see us packaging any lawsons they always ask to have some. i even traded a 4 pack of lawsons to a customer for a single ghandi bot

^It might be worth a ask. but for people may just want $4$. If thats the case, you cant beat that price. And you may not get much in return. How much do you have left?

never really looked into it or paid attention, but whats the primary differences in an IPA, DIPA and 3xIPA?
Yeah, like others were saying ABV and IBU used to be the deciding factors. Now a IPA can have 10 times the amount of hops as another IPA but less bitterness, since aromatic hopping/dry hopping has very little IBU value. So anymore, IBU is not a great indicator of hoppiness. Athough it does do a great job on bitterness.. NE style IPAs cannot be above 55 IBUs on a good day, and I dont want them to change.

By the book, you pretty much had pale ales in the 5-6% range and 50 IBUs, IPAS in the 6-7.5% range and 70 IBUs, double IPAs in the 8-9% range and 100 ibus, and triple IPAs in the 10% range and 100++ IBUs. I've seen every combination in the past 4 years, including Hoppy Pilsners which are basically just pale ales but lagers lol

Speaking of SOS, when I was looking for heady topper, I was so amazed that gas station and grocery stores were sold out almost instantly, but then you have all these restaurants reselling cans for $7-9. Somethings not right with the distribution. I hope SOS isnt so crazy, but I have my doubts. Like I was literally watching the delivery guys drop off cases, none of which I could buy for true retail.. I could get a single for $8 though. :smh:. Is HT available in cans only for restaurants too? I realize everyone wants a piece of the pie, but that was just crazy to witness. Artificially short supply setting the trends.

Last edited:
^sounds pretty ambitious, let us know how that one goes

Regular stacks on stacks is a favorite of mine (even though it has never been as good as the first time I had it on draft two years ago, almost a total different brew) and this DDH takes it to another level, a good example of El Dorado hops

@comparisonford, Im guessing your gonna make it to the sand city release today, that guttersnipe is looking good

Last edited:
Toppling Goliath is finally distributing to Chicago. Looking forward to grabbing some PseudoSue tonight after work.

@comparisonford, Im guessing your gonna make it to the sand city release today, that guttersnipe is looking good
Yep.  I was lucky enough to be off from work today so I was able to swing by when they opened.  They were canning the beers as they were selling them.  Can't get any fresher than that. 
laugh.gif

Anywho...onto the beer:

Sand City Guttersnipe. 8% imperial IPA brewed with Simcoe, Citra, and Mosaic as well as Golden Promise malt and flaked wheat.  I'm picking up the piney/citrus notes from the Simcoe and getting a lot of that fruity/pungent Mosaic character.  Citra seems to get lost in the mix.  Maybe providing a little earthiness?  Maybe some of that citrus is from the Citra? I don't know.  Either way, mouthfeel is about average for a Sand City IPA.  Very little malt characteristic.  Pretty much straight hop juice. Might still be a bit "green" considering how fresh it is, but I'm enjoying what's currently in my glass.  It's a top 5 Sand City beer, but it's probably #5 on that list. 

The strawberry shortcake was surprisingly balanced. Smelled like straight up strawberry shortcake with vanilla. Taste was the same, minus the vanilla. On the sweet side, but not cloying at all, and I couldn't tell it was 9%.

Last edited:
Excited to see how So Happens Its Tuesday compares to Black Tuesday.

Edit- went to put these in the mini fridge and see my fiancé grabbed the same bomber for me last night!

Last edited:
Toppling Goliath is finally distributing to Chicago. Looking forward to grabbing some PseudoSue tonight after work.

Nice! Speaking of Toppling Goliath, they were here in Norcal this past weekend for Ratebeer's Best Beer Fest and apparently brought extra cases of Psuedo Sue to distribute to local bottleshops. Was able to snag a few 4-packs today. It's been about 2 year since I've last had this beer so looking forward to re-visiting it.

Went to threes brewing for the first time last night, had Suarez family hither, a nice pilsner but wasn't really impressed, also had sloop confliction which was real nice except for a strange yeast flavor every few sips, SFY is really good though, has its own flavors compared to other ipa's in nyc

Think I prefer green out of the main tree house line up, green then Julius then alter ego then haze IMO but they are all awesome

After years of neglect, cheap beer is back in the spotlight.

https://t.co/sLp1ZTCzZO

For years, U.S. sales of the cheapest beers fell as America’s two largest brewers focused on higher-priced craft brands. Now the neglected suds are back in the spotlight.

Anheuser-Busch InBev SA on Sunday plans to air its first-ever Super Bowl ad for Busch, its namesake economy brand. The 30-second spot follows the company’s move in 2016 to shift its Nascar sponsorship back to Busch from Budweiser.

MillerCoors, the U.S. business unit of Molson Coors, has begun rolling out new ads and redesigned logos for its economy beers, including Miller High Life and Keystone. It is also increasing the quantity of beer in some of its bottles and packages, without raising prices. Both companies have been offering price promotions on their cheaper brands.
C3rCLAZWcAAjxZ1.jpg

After years of neglect, cheap beer is back in the spotlight.
https://t.co/sLp1ZTCzZO
For years, U.S. sales of the cheapest beers fell as America’s two largest brewers focused on higher-priced craft brands. Now the neglected suds are back in the spotlight.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA on Sunday plans to air its first-ever Super Bowl ad for Busch, its namesake economy brand. The 30-second spot follows the company’s move in 2016 to shift its Nascar sponsorship back to Busch from Budweiser.
MillerCoors, the U.S. business unit of Molson Coors, has begun rolling out new ads and redesigned logos for its economy beers, including Miller High Life and Keystone. It is also increasing the quantity of beer in some of its bottles and packages, without raising prices. Both companies have been offering price promotions on their cheaper brands.
C3rCLAZWcAAjxZ1.jpg

I was complete burnt out from craft beer and started drinking craft lagers and eventually pbr and Budweiser. Not calling it a fad but the craft novelty and ticking comes to an end at some point and I'm sure many people are starting to go back to macro lagers.

I feel spoiled cause we have Pseudo here on shelves at all times. Granted I live less than two hours from Toppling but I've also heard they outsource the production of PsuedoSue to a place in Florida?

Back
Top Bottom