NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

only times I really had to wait in what I consider a long line was when I went to Treehouse when they were pretty new at the current location...line wrapped entirely around the paved upper parking lot...got there about 15 minutes before opening and it took about an hour to get my beer...back then they would have either two or three different cans and allotment for each was less than a case...I got the full allotment and had my wife jump in line when I got inside so we each got 9 cans of Eureka and Bright

had to wait about an hour in rain at Tired Hands for the 2019 Only Void day...had a missed connection with af1 1982 af1 1982

only times I really had to wait in what I consider a long line was when I went to Treehouse when they were pretty new at the current location...line wrapped entirely around the paved upper parking lot...got there about 15 minutes before opening and it took about an hour to get my beer...back then they would have either two or three different cans and allotment for each was less than a case...I got the full allotment and had my wife jump in line when I got inside so we each got 9 cans of Eureka and Bright

had to wait about an hour in rain at Tired Hands for the 2019 Only Void day...had a missed connection with af1 1982 af1 1982
lol we may have been there the same day if it was Eureka with galaxy. I remember hearing the audible groans of a bunch of people on line in unison when they made the announcement that the second beer for the day was Eureka. :lol:

I also remember hearing a group of people pout and a few of them say "I'M NOT BUYING ANYTHING" while they remained on line and subsequently bought cans. :rofl:

Beer nerds are some of the biggest babies.

Still getting over the fact that I used to pay $10 for a can of Sip of Sunshine only to have it sitting on shelves in grocery stores now.

download.jpg

lol we may have been there the same day if it was Eureka with galaxy. I remember hearing the audible groans of a bunch of people on line in unison when they made the announcement that the second beer for the day was Eureka. :lol:

I also remember hearing a group of people pout and a few of them say "I'M NOT BUYING ANYTHING" while they remained on line and subsequently bought cans. :rofl:

Beer nerds are some of the biggest babies.
that's right...we were there the same day

I found out after the fact, had I known I would have shot you a pm and asked if I could jump in line w/ you :lol:

I think the line was so long that day because it wasn't updated what was available until last minute...ppl thought it was going to be something more desirable

I thought Eureka was a great beer and I was kind of happy with the fact that it wasn't an IPA since I had brought home so many IPAs on that trip between CT and Boston already...though Eureka drinks like a session IPA

Drank through the Other Half anniversary IPAs. Meh

Ok for what they are I just don't love high gravity IPAs like that

Probably didn't help I ran through 1/2 a can of each in one evening :lol:

that's right...we were there the same day

I found out after the fact, had I known I would have shot you a pm and asked if I could jump in line w/ you :lol:

I think the line was so long that day because it wasn't updated what was available until last minute...ppl thought it was going to be something more desirable

I thought Eureka was a great beer and I was kind of happy with the fact that it wasn't an IPA since I had brought home so many IPAs on that trip between CT and Boston already...though Eureka drinks like a session IPA
Ah. Forgot all about that :lol:. The big surprise of the day ended up being that they were open for pours in the afternoon. I ended up going back to buy another allotment and got a pour of Green on the way out.

In other news: looks like I have a bottle of Hill Farmstead Aaron and some cans of Earl headed my way. Pretty excited.

Looks like Modern Times is the latest example in what's become a long line of breweries overextending. With the pandemic and recent PR problems they had not all that surprising

I assume their locations in SD and Anaheim will continue operating and brewing?

Ah. Forgot all about that :lol:. The big surprise of the day ended up being that they were open for pours in the afternoon. I ended up going back to buy another allotment and got a pour of Green on the way out.

In other news: looks like I have a bottle of Hill Farmstead Aaron and some cans of Earl headed my way. Pretty excited.
I think you went to Trillium for some pours after

that was my plan as well but it was too late and we just headed to our Airbnb in Boston

Yep. Got pours of the Monkish collab IPA that tasted like burnt rubber and got a pour of the original Affogato batch which was exceptionally good.

Woke up the next morning with a head cold because I went over some girl's house the night before leaving for MA. She neglected to inform me that she had a 2 year old son and lil man was climbing all over me and sneezing directly into my face. Didn't even get to smash because the kid wouldn't go to bed. :smh: :lol: Couldn't really taste much from being congested so I had to wait a few days before I could crack open any of the cans I brought back home. I was heated.

you sure it wasn't the Other Half collab?

trillium-x-other-half-two-hundred-thousand-trillion-1.jpg

I know that came out just days before I got to Boston and it tasted like burnt rubber

I was able to trade two cans of Eureka and two cans of bright for a 4 pack while in Boston

The Trillium Veil collab they had when I was there was exceptional

Drank this sumbich over the weekend:
4A74F673-6F0E-4554-862A-068A9AD26032.jpeg

Honest opinion is that it was good, not great. First off, WAY too much wax covering the cap. It was so thick that I needed to use a cigar torch to melt it down and push it to the side to reach the cap. I don’t think barrel-aging did much to help this either. Non-BA Bananaversary had nice coconut and almond notes. This just seemed muted to me. Drank easy enough for the ABV, but the J. Wakefield collab bottle from the previous release has this beat.

Don’t believe the hype.

Looks like Modern Times is the latest example in what's become a long line of breweries overextending. With the pandemic and recent PR problems they had not all that surprising

I assume their locations in SD and Anaheim will continue operating and brewing?
Yeah, they shut down a few spots but are leaving a couple open until they can figure out the financial side of things I guess. I think they just expanded too quickly since the start of the pandemic

af1 1982 af1 1982 98 thoughts?

I have someone getting me a can of each

a little surprised to see only 11% ABV with the original SSU being 10% ABV...used to be 9.5% ABV

I assume they have heaters in the tent cause last time I stopped by to get cans to go it was gang busters at Al's and I know people were going out there when it was completely brick outside

had Sticky Beans from Ever Grain the other day...reminds me a lot of original SSU

af1 1982 af1 1982 98 thoughts?

I have someone getting me a can of each

a little surprised to see only 11% ABV with the original SSU being 10% ABV...used to be 9.5% ABV

I assume they have heaters in the tent cause last time I stopped by to get cans to go it was gang busters at Al's and I know people were going out there when it was completely brick outside

had Sticky Beans from Ever Grain the other day...reminds me a lot of original SSU
It was good. They said aged for 12 months which is hard to believe given the lack of viscosity. But would gladly pay $12 a can for 16oz of BA stout

My buddy was at Rockefeller OH over the weekend and offered me a mix 12 of these:

Tremendous Cream
Magic Green Nuggets NZ Cascade Edition
DDH Riwaka + Motueka
TDH All Riwaka Everything
More Nelson Than All Nelson
Pivo Snaps
Bang On
Top of the Broc
Spinach
Dank Ivy
DDH Stacks on Stacks: Southern Hemisphere
Strawberry Cannibal

Usual when offered something like this I’ll maybe choose some, take all and offer what I don’t want to someone else, or pass on it all together but I only have a 2-3 IPAs in my fridge right now and I’ve been fiending for hops as of late

Back
Top Bottom