NT, what do white people eat? Vol. Taco Night!

Chicken..
Steak..
Porkchops..
Italian food..

Anything and everything other people eat as well..

"Pork chops and applesauce"

aa54c226-aa99-4f28-a280-fce3e26e5e87.Large.jpg

Chicken..
Steak..
Porkchops..
Italian food..

Anything and everything other people eat as well..

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Alligator according to Swamp People.
my guilty pleasure when it comes to TV.  I need to order up some alligator meat and try to cook it some day.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Alligator according to Swamp People.
my guilty pleasure when it comes to TV.  I need to order up some alligator meat and try to cook it some day.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Uhhh.  I have 2 rice cookers and a 50lb bag of rice in my house at all times.  I ain't never seen a non-Asian family equipped like that.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I have two huge boxes of rice from costco and a rice cooker.

I love making foods from other cultures (Asian, indian, Caribbean, Italian) cause Nigerian food is rocket science
laugh.gif

lets trade.  give me your best tasting non rocket science-esque Nigerian dish recipe, and I will give you an equally simple yet delicious Korean recipe in return.

lol....all I can think off of the top of my head is simply rice and stew or fried rice. Every one cooks it differently tho. That's what makes Nigerian food pretty complex, depending on who cooks it it can taste drastically different everytime. And the availability of traditional African spices may make it a bit difficult for you to duplicate...but here's one.

CHICKEN STEW serves 6

This tasty and aromatic stew is everyone's favourite in Nigeria From the road side hawkers to the tables of the elite it is a welcome accompaniment to compliment any meal or festive spread. It is the aromatic spices added that makes this wonderful dish so mouthwatering and delicious.

1 large chicken
225g / :nerd:z fresh chillies
1 kg / 2Ib fresh tomatoes
2 large onions
2 clove garlic
1 small tin tomatoes puree
I teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoon choppedpartminger leaves
2 onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon curry
5 7Oral / lpint groundnut-oil
salt to taste

Wash and disjoint the chicken cut into 10-12 pieces. Season with salt add the sliced onions thyme curry and cook for 30-40 minutes until tender. Heat up half of the oil in a pan and fry the cooked chicken until brown but not too dry. In another~ pot heat up the rest of the oil and fry the ground onions chillies and tomatoes for 20minutes until fairly dry. Add the tomato puree and some stock if required. Stir thoroughly and add the fried chicken pieces. Cook and simmer gently for another 10 minutes stirring frequently until well blended. Drain off excessive oil that rises to the top and finally stir in the chopped part minger leaves. Removes from fire and serve with Boiled rice and fried plantain
You can replace the chicken with fried/steam fish, beef or goat. My mom adds a bit of teryaki sauce to it but make it sweeter.
pimp.gif

Should look like this-
4832337540_c5f8c7b276.jpg

l

Can add greens/vegetables to make it look like this

smoked-turkey-efo-riro-600x398.jpg

CAN ALSO TRY THIS ONE: see the last pic I posted

http://www.avartsycooking.../smoked-turkey-efo-riro/

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Uhhh.  I have 2 rice cookers and a 50lb bag of rice in my house at all times.  I ain't never seen a non-Asian family equipped like that.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love making foods from other cultures (Asian, indian, Caribbean, Italian) cause Nigerian food is rocket science
laugh.gif

lets trade.  give me your best tasting non rocket science-esque Nigerian dish recipe, and I will give you an equally simple yet delicious Korean recipe in return.

lol....all I can think off of the top of my head is simply rice and stew or fried rice. Every one cooks it differently tho. That's what makes Nigerian food pretty complex, depending on who cooks it it can taste drastically different everytime. And the availability of traditional African spices may make it a bit difficult for you to duplicate...but here's one.

CHICKEN STEW serves 6

This tasty and aromatic stew is everyone's favourite in Nigeria From the road side hawkers to the tables of the elite it is a welcome accompaniment to compliment any meal or festive spread. It is the aromatic spices added that makes this wonderful dish so mouthwatering and delicious.

1 large chicken
2 large onions
2 clove garlic
I teaspoon thyme
2 onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon curry
salt to taste

Wash and disjoint the chicken cut into 10-12 pieces. Season with salt add the sliced onions thyme curry and cook for 30-40 minutes until tender. Heat up half of the oil in a pan and fry the cooked chicken until brown but not too dry. In another~ pot heat up the rest of the oil and fry the ground onions chillies and tomatoes for 20minutes until fairly dry. Add the tomato puree and some stock if required. Stir thoroughly and add the fried chicken pieces. Cook and simmer gently for another 10 minutes stirring frequently until well blended. Drain off excessive oil that rises to the top and finally stir in the chopped part minger leaves. Removes from fire and serve with Boiled rice and fried plantain
You can replace the chicken with fried/steam fish, beef or goat. My mom adds a bit of teryaki sauce to it but make it sweeter.
pimp.gif

Should look like this-

l

CAN ALSO TRY THIS ONE: see the last pic I posted

http://www.avartsycooking.../smoked-turkey-efo-riro/

Well, I'm half white...but my Thai side dominates our kitchen. Rice cooker and fifty-pounder on deck...
My mom got skills growing up in Thailand and also as a "at-home-mom" which allowed her to experiment and learn all kinds of dishes from different cultures. I like to joke around by saying I'm "Based" but shouts out to Lil B though - my mom's the closest person I know to a master chef...

Spoiler [+]
2n6dt3p.gif
Now that I'm grown she's been working a lot more...I miss the freshly made meals...
frown.gif

Well, I'm half white...but my Thai side dominates our kitchen. Rice cooker and fifty-pounder on deck...
My mom got skills growing up in Thailand and also as a "at-home-mom" which allowed her to experiment and learn all kinds of dishes from different cultures. I like to joke around by saying I'm "Based" but shouts out to Lil B though - my mom's the closest person I know to a master chef...

Spoiler [+]
2n6dt3p.gif
Now that I'm grown she's been working a lot more...I miss the freshly made meals...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Don't know what the hell yall talkin' bout...

...white folks down South get it in - briscuit and beer for days.

Soul food and Southern white food kinda overlap...
this i knew which i why i never understood why fried chicken was a black thing...all people in the south eat the same thing

pretty much... Paula Deen could sub in for my grandma, and I probably couldn't tell the difference
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Don't know what the hell yall talkin' bout...

...white folks down South get it in - briscuit and beer for days.

Soul food and Southern white food kinda overlap...
this i knew which i why i never understood why fried chicken was a black thing...all people in the south eat the same thing

pretty much... Paula Deen could sub in for my grandma, and I probably couldn't tell the difference
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

White people have no culture of their own.

So they eat every other cultures food.
laugh.gif

Not every white American is a medigan you fool.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

White people have no culture of their own.

So they eat every other cultures food.
laugh.gif

Not every white American is a medigan you fool.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

CHICKEN STEW serves 6

1 large chicken
2 large onions
2 clove garlic
I teaspoon thyme
2 onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon curry
salt to taste

pimp.gif

Should look like this-

l

damn that does look pretty tasty.  i think im gonna have to try that out.  im always lookin to lean to cook different types of dishes and cuisine.

Here is an oversimplified recipe for an easy to make Korean dish (if you have a slowcooker/crockpot)

I eyeball cook a lot so my measurements may be a bit off.  Don't worry, its pretty hard to mess this dish up

Galbi Jim (shortribs)

2-3lbs of thick cut beef short ribs (like this)

stock-photo-beef-short-ribs-22343950.jpg

- score the short ribs
- heat a saucepan with some oil and brown all sides of the blocks of short ribs (do not fully cook)
- toss them into your slow cooker

for the sauce/marinade
1 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of white sugar (sorry this aint healthy, just tasty)
2-3 tablespoons of Mirin (Cooking rice wine)
2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1-2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds

additional
3 medium russet potatoes cut into 1 1/2" blocks
2 medium onions quartered
2 medium carrots cut into 1 1/2" pieces

- mix it all together and pour it over the meat in the crockpot.
- let it cook on low 6-8 hrs

* this is the super lazy way of doing it.  the one potential problem here is that the extended cooktime is gonna destroy the vegetables.  if you want, you can let the meat cook in the marinade for a couple hours first, then toss in the veggies after.  its much easier to control the veggies if i am cooking on a stove (i can just toss em in later) but that kinda takes away from the 1 pot, set it and forget it, ease of cooking.

enjoy

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

CHICKEN STEW serves 6

1 large chicken
2 large onions
2 clove garlic
I teaspoon thyme
2 onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon curry
salt to taste

pimp.gif

Should look like this-

l

damn that does look pretty tasty.  i think im gonna have to try that out.  im always lookin to lean to cook different types of dishes and cuisine.

Here is an oversimplified recipe for an easy to make Korean dish (if you have a slowcooker/crockpot)

I eyeball cook a lot so my measurements may be a bit off.  Don't worry, its pretty hard to mess this dish up

Galbi Jim (shortribs)

2-3lbs of thick cut beef short ribs (like this)

stock-photo-beef-short-ribs-22343950.jpg

- score the short ribs
- heat a saucepan with some oil and brown all sides of the blocks of short ribs (do not fully cook)
- toss them into your slow cooker

for the sauce/marinade
1 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of white sugar (sorry this aint healthy, just tasty)
2-3 tablespoons of Mirin (Cooking rice wine)
2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1-2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds

additional
3 medium russet potatoes cut into 1 1/2" blocks
2 medium onions quartered
2 medium carrots cut into 1 1/2" pieces

- mix it all together and pour it over the meat in the crockpot.
- let it cook on low 6-8 hrs

* this is the super lazy way of doing it.  the one potential problem here is that the extended cooktime is gonna destroy the vegetables.  if you want, you can let the meat cook in the marinade for a couple hours first, then toss in the veggies after.  its much easier to control the veggies if i am cooking on a stove (i can just toss em in later) but that kinda takes away from the 1 pot, set it and forget it, ease of cooking.

enjoy

Back
Top Bottom