NT, what do white people eat? Vol. Taco Night!

usually for my family, it almost always has either Chicken, Steak, Porkchops, Scallops, and then sometimes my pops grills burgers and hotdogs

usually for my family, it almost always has either Chicken, Steak, Porkchops, Scallops, and then sometimes my pops grills burgers and hotdogs

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

lets trade.  give me your best tasting non rocket science-esque Nigerian dish recipe, and I will give you an equally simple yet delicious Korean recipe in return.

damn that does look pretty tasty.  i think im gonna have to try that out.  im always lookin to lean to cook different types of dishes and cuisine.

Here is an oversimplified recipe for an easy to make Korean dish (if you have a slowcooker/crockpot)

I eyeball cook a lot so my measurements may be a bit off.  Don't worry, its pretty hard to mess this dish up

Galbi Jim (shortribs)

2-3lbs of thick cut beef short ribs (like this)

stock-photo-beef-short-ribs-22343950.jpg

- score the short ribs
- heat a saucepan with some oil and brown all sides of the blocks of short ribs (do not fully cook)
- toss them into your slow cooker

for the sauce/marinade
1 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of white sugar (sorry this aint healthy, just tasty)
2-3 tablespoons of Mirin (Cooking rice wine)
2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1-2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds

additional
3 medium russet potatoes cut into 1 1/2" blocks
2 medium onions quartered
2 medium carrots cut into 1 1/2" pieces

- mix it all together and pour it over the meat in the crockpot.
- let it cook on low 6-8 hrs

* this is the super lazy way of doing it.  the one potential problem here is that the extended cooktime is gonna destroy the vegetables.  if you want, you can let the meat cook in the marinade for a couple hours first, then toss in the veggies after.  its much easier to control the veggies if i am cooking on a stove (i can just toss em in later) but that kinda takes away from the 1 pot, set it and forget it, ease of cooking.

enjoy

I do have a slow cooker
pimp.gif
Im gonna save this and try it but can I make it with fish or shrimp if I wanted to...or is it different without the short ribs?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

lets trade.  give me your best tasting non rocket science-esque Nigerian dish recipe, and I will give you an equally simple yet delicious Korean recipe in return.

damn that does look pretty tasty.  i think im gonna have to try that out.  im always lookin to lean to cook different types of dishes and cuisine.

Here is an oversimplified recipe for an easy to make Korean dish (if you have a slowcooker/crockpot)

I eyeball cook a lot so my measurements may be a bit off.  Don't worry, its pretty hard to mess this dish up

Galbi Jim (shortribs)

2-3lbs of thick cut beef short ribs (like this)

stock-photo-beef-short-ribs-22343950.jpg

- score the short ribs
- heat a saucepan with some oil and brown all sides of the blocks of short ribs (do not fully cook)
- toss them into your slow cooker

for the sauce/marinade
1 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of white sugar (sorry this aint healthy, just tasty)
2-3 tablespoons of Mirin (Cooking rice wine)
2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1-2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds

additional
3 medium russet potatoes cut into 1 1/2" blocks
2 medium onions quartered
2 medium carrots cut into 1 1/2" pieces

- mix it all together and pour it over the meat in the crockpot.
- let it cook on low 6-8 hrs

* this is the super lazy way of doing it.  the one potential problem here is that the extended cooktime is gonna destroy the vegetables.  if you want, you can let the meat cook in the marinade for a couple hours first, then toss in the veggies after.  its much easier to control the veggies if i am cooking on a stove (i can just toss em in later) but that kinda takes away from the 1 pot, set it and forget it, ease of cooking.

enjoy

I do have a slow cooker
pimp.gif
Im gonna save this and try it but can I make it with fish or shrimp if I wanted to...or is it different without the short ribs?

This question isn't really towards white people but americans in general. as an americanized filipino who doesnt really like filipino food I eat whatever random dishI can make from the internet

This question isn't really towards white people but americans in general. as an americanized filipino who doesnt really like filipino food I eat whatever random dishI can make from the internet

I honestly cannot imagine a family preparing for a themed dinner.
laugh.gif
Then again, anything's possible.

Puerto Rican food.
pimp.gif

I honestly cannot imagine a family preparing for a themed dinner.
laugh.gif
Then again, anything's possible.

Puerto Rican food.
pimp.gif

When I was younger, I always wondered what white families would eat for dinner. From what I gathered off of the tv, I assumed white folk just ate a ton of pizza, pasta, steaks, and meatloaf (whatever the hell that is
laugh.gif
). When I got into college and started living with a bunch of white people, I realized my assumptions weren't that far off
laugh.gif
White people really do eat a lot of that stuff (and fast food.)

When I was younger, I always wondered what white families would eat for dinner. From what I gathered off of the tv, I assumed white folk just ate a ton of pizza, pasta, steaks, and meatloaf (whatever the hell that is
laugh.gif
). When I got into college and started living with a bunch of white people, I realized my assumptions weren't that far off
laugh.gif
White people really do eat a lot of that stuff (and fast food.)

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

and meatloaf (whatever the hell that is
laugh.gif
). 
never been to Boston Market?
Nope. Growing up, my mom, an incredible cook, cooked like three different Chinese dishes every night and we rarely ordered out. Sometimes she'd switch it up and grill steaks or make some kind of pasta dish. Our family went out to eat on the weekends but we'd pick actual restaurants to go to (like local Italian, Japanese, Chinese, French restaurants)
I've honestly never had meatloaf ever in my life.

It blew my mind when some of my white friends in college told me how their moms would make them chicken nuggets and tater tots at home
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

and meatloaf (whatever the hell that is
laugh.gif
). 
never been to Boston Market?
Nope. Growing up, my mom, an incredible cook, cooked like three different Chinese dishes every night and we rarely ordered out. Sometimes she'd switch it up and grill steaks or make some kind of pasta dish. Our family went out to eat on the weekends but we'd pick actual restaurants to go to (like local Italian, Japanese, Chinese, French restaurants)
I've honestly never had meatloaf ever in my life.

It blew my mind when some of my white friends in college told me how their moms would make them chicken nuggets and tater tots at home
laugh.gif

what do black people eat? chicken??

come on, this thread is just lame.. so is OP for asking this question. you cant put a finger on what a white family eats, same goes for a black, mexican or asian family.

they eat what they can afford or they eat what they like... no need to put a stamp on it, just cause they are white..

what do black people eat? chicken??

come on, this thread is just lame.. so is OP for asking this question. you cant put a finger on what a white family eats, same goes for a black, mexican or asian family.

they eat what they can afford or they eat what they like... no need to put a stamp on it, just cause they are white..

I'm white.

Growing up we ate a lot of pasta and chicken dishes (chicken parm, honey mustard chicken etc), and grilled a lot.

I'm white.

Growing up we ate a lot of pasta and chicken dishes (chicken parm, honey mustard chicken etc), and grilled a lot.

Back
Top Bottom