NT what Headphones you rock?

You audio snobs are funny.

I love the way you guys turn your nose up at what other people decide to do with their money.

Most people would be just as happy with a pair of $40 Skull Candy's as they would be a more expensive brand. So who cares if they buy it for fashion or because everyone else has them. Some people like bass.

And I really don't understand where the anger and attitude comes from. At headfi I'm shocked dudes don't have aneurisms.

It's simple really. Those dudes had one cool thing going for them, headphones. Now headphones are a mainstream thing and they lost the one thing that made them cool.

Last edited:

I love the way you guys turn your nose up at what other people decide to do with their money.

Most people would be just as happy with a pair of $40 Skull Candy's as they would be a more expensive brand. So who cares if they buy it for fashion or because everyone else has them. Some people like bass.

And I really don't understand where the anger and attitude comes from. At headfi I'm shocked dudes don't have aneurisms.

Meh, you can get what beats got for less.

If you need to ask than you are one of the many people that were duped into thinking $100 headphones are worth $300. If you like mediocre quality control, sub-par sound for the price, over-powering bass, and loud colors than by all means there is nothing wrong with the beats. The only thing that the beats did well was that they brought out more competition to the audio department. With headphones like the UE6000, Creative Aurvana Live, ATH-M50s, XB500, V-Moda M-80s costing only 1/3rd the price of the beats. I really can't see anyone buying them other than they were caught in the marketing hype or are only getting them as glorified fashion accessories to wear around their necks. Heck a pair of high quality fugazzi Beats are well under $100 and sound the same if not better than the original Beats.

If you are going to spend $300 on portable headphones, just buy the V-Moda M-100, Sennheiser Momentum, B&W P7, KEF M500 which all sound great, look great, and are built great.
Yeah i don't even own a pair of beats. I just wanted to know because my niece wants some for Christmas. I wouldn't pay that much for headphones for myself. My regular jvc inear headphones are good enough for me.

What sneakers exists that are far superior to Nikes for the same price? Srs question.

What the hell is going on in here :lol:

I've had a couple pairs of beats that I've gotten as gifts

Price to performance ratio on them is pretty meh

You can get the same performance for a 1/3 of the price elsewhere

I didn't know people took headphones so seriously. As long as i can hear my music clearly i'm good. $20 headphones for the win

Basketball and maybe a pair for training such as lifting, plyos, and cross training/running

Poster asked a question regarding beats and I gave my opinion regarding the issue that beats are overpriced fashion accessories that are only relevant due their great marketing hype. Beats sound wise are not worth exorbitant price tag of $300 but that is only my opinion. $100 yes, $300 no.

I could care less what other people spend their hard earned money on but I will not stop educating potential buyers of Beats of other alternatives that not only compete but blow the beats out of the water based on their price point. I also did provide alternatives that I think are worth the $300 price tag that offer great sound, great build quality, and great design that warrant or come close to the $300 price tag. With that being said, if the potential buyer still wants to buy Beats than that is his decision to make, not mine but at least I provided the potential buyer some other options that most average consumers do not know about outside of Bose and Beats headphones.

As for the Skullcandy comment, $40 is hell a lot less than spending $300 on a fashion accessory with Bass. If you are a regular here in this thread, I have recommended the UE6000 and XB500 that offer plenty of bass for around $100, heck the Koss PortaPro that cost $25 offer a great deal of bass as well.

Now if you don't agree with my opinion than that is fine as it is only my opinion. However, I will continue to educate members regarding alternatives to the Beats and other headphones if they have questions like I have done in the past. Now whatever they decide to do with that information is fine with me. Members still have Google and a bunch of audiophile websites or review sites to help make an educated decision on a pair of headphones.

It's simple really. Those dudes had one cool thing going for them, headphones. Now headphones are a mainstream thing and they lost the one thing that made them cool.

I wasn't even into headphones until very very recently like a month or two ago. I had some money and decided to get a pair of quality headphones and I looked into the Beats and Bose due to their popularity. I did some research through audiophile websites, review sites, youtube and did some audio auditions at my local stores to make an educated decision because $300 is a lot of money to be spend on headphones. I'm only sharing my findings with people that have questions regarding headphones. But if you do not agree with my opinion, please feel free to disregard what I wrote.

What the hell is going on in here :lol:

I've had a couple pairs of beats that I've gotten as gifts

Price to performance ratio on them is pretty meh

You can get the same performance for a 1/3 of the price elsewhere

Right. They're not bad headphones, just overpriced.

Why buy Nikes when there are far more superior tennis shoes out there for the same price. Were you duped or do you just like Nike sneakers? The hypocrisy is annoying, to each it's own though.

No one said anything about Nikes IRC. I usually if not all ever pay retail on anything that I buy and I do this buy educating myself on the particular item I want to buy before hand and finding alternatives that might offer better value or quality and the same or lower price. There is a difference between knowingly overpaying for an item and getting duped into overpaying due to the hype. Usually google and waiting for timely sales helps me avoid both.

Last edited:
Basketball and maybe a pair for training such as lifting, plyos, and cross training/running

Basketball I personally wear the DRose 4's, about to switch to UA's Amatomix Spawn

Weight training Adidas Power Perfect II

Running is definitely Brooks but you would have to get your foot fitted to get a specific style. If you don't have time for that I'd suggest Brooks Ravenna 4

I've come to my senses. I'm returning the beats for a decent pair of reasonably priced pair, and probably something else.

I need some good 30 dollar ones. I'm too broke to get 100 dollar headphones. My options?

I need some good 30 dollar ones. I'm too broke to get 100 dollar headphones. My options?

Bro, go to Ross, grab their 7 dollar inked skull candy ear buds, which actually aren't bad at all, and switch them out when they die. I use them for the gym and they serve their purpose.

They are good headphones for $100 but $300, hell naw.

But what if you have the $300? For Lebron's and Jordan's you pay for the name.

Poster asked a question regarding beats and I gave my opinion regarding the issue that beats are overpriced fashion accessories that are only relevant due their great marketing hype. Beats sound wise are not worth exorbitant price tag of $300 but that is only my opinion. $100 yes, $300 no.

I could care less what other people spend their hard earned money on but I will not stop educating potential buyers of Beats of other alternatives that not only compete but blow the beats out of the water based on their price point. I also did provide alternatives that I think are worth the $300 price tag that offer great sound, great build quality, and great design that warrant or come close to the $300 price tag. With that being said, if the potential buyer still wants to buy Beats than that is his decision to make, not mine but at least I provided the potential buyer some other options that most average consumers do not know about outside of Bose and Beats headphones.

As for the Skullcandy comment, $40 is hell a lot less than spending $300 on a fashion accessory with Bass. If you are a regular here in this thread, I have recommended the UE6000 and XB500 that offer plenty of bass for around $100, heck the Koss PortaPro that cost $25 offer a great deal of bass as well.

Now if you don't agree with my opinion than that is fine as it is only my opinion. However, I will continue to educate members regarding alternatives to the Beats and other headphones if they have questions like I have done in the past. Now whatever they decide to do with that information is fine with me. Members still have Google and a bunch of audiophile websites or review sites to help make an educated decision on a pair of headphones.
I wasn't even into headphones until very very recently like a month or two ago. I had some money and decided to get a pair of quality headphones and I looked into the Beats and Bose due to their popularity. I did some research through audiophile websites, review sites, youtube and did some audio auditions at my local stores to make an educated decision because $300 is a lot of money to be spend on headphones. I'm only sharing my findings with people that have questions regarding headphones. But if you do not agree with my opinion, please feel free to disregard what I wrote.

Once someone learns a little about headphones they become an expert. It's not about educating, your whole attitude was condescending.

Have you even listened to the 2.0's or the Pro's?

And also most of the headphones you mentioned aren't portable at all. They're strictly for in house or studio use. So someone can't wear them to the gym or on the bus or train. Which is one of the reasons Beats became popular. They did a really good job of that with the 2.0 Studio's.

This is NIketalk, where I assumed that everyone at least used to be in to sneakers. If someone says they're going to buy some Lebron's. Would you go. They cost $200. They aren't worth that much. They're better options available? Why did you get that BMW, you could have gotten a used Hyundai. I notice people never use this logic towards something they like and want. Why did you buy a $100 meal? Some stuff you want, because you want it. Most people are casual music listeners.

I got some Crossfade's around this time last year for a similar price. They're solid. Quality is great for the price.

Last edited:
Have you even listened to the 2.0's or the Pro's?

Yes I have listened to the 2.0, they are an improvement in quality and sound but the overpowering bass is not to my liking. Like I said for $300 they are overpriced.

All the info in here & y'all still rockin dre beats? :lol:
What's wrong with beats?

Poster who asked the question about beats, he said nothing about portability or taking them to the gym?

The V-Moda M-100, Sennheiser Momentum, B&W P7, UE6000, and KEF M500 are all portable headphones.

The V-Moda M-100 and the UE6000 can be both used in the gym if need be

But again, the poster never asked about using either as portable or gym headphones.

This is NIketalk, where I assumed that everyone at least used to be in to sneakers. If someone says they're going to buy some Lebron's. Would you go. They cost $200. They aren't worth that much. They're better options available? Why did you get that BMW, you could have gotten a used Hyundai. I notice people never use this logic towards something they like and want. Why did you buy a $100 meal? Some stuff you want, because you want it. Most people are casual music listeners.

Why are bringing up generalities that have nothing to do with the thread in hand which is headphones or what the poster asked which was, "what was wrong with beats?" I really don't get what you are trying to get at with the whole luxury item debate? Are you trying to say that all luxury items are not worth their price? I'm curious because I did not mention anything about expensive sneakers, luxury cars, or expensive meals? Or are you trying to make an assumption based on what I said that beats are not worth the price???

Last edited:
Yes I have listened to the 2.0, they are an improvement in quality and sound but the overpowering bass is not to my liking. Like I said for $300 they are overpriced.
Poster who asked the question about beats, he said nothing about portability or taking them to the gym?

The V-Moda M-100, Sennheiser Momentum, B&W P7, UE6000, and KEF M500 are all portable headphones.

The V-Moda M-100 and the UE6000 can be both used in the gym if need be

But again, the poster never asked about using either as portable or gym headphones.
Why are bringing up generalities that have nothing to do with the thread in hand which is headphones or what the poster asked which was, "what was wrong with beats?" I really don't get what you are trying to get at with the whole luxury item debate? Are you trying to say that all luxury items are not worth their price? I'm curious because I did not mention anything about expensive sneakers, luxury cars, or expensive meals? Or are you trying to make an assumption based on what I said that beats are not worth the price???

The irony :lol:

Flew right over your head :smh:

You didn't give him a chance to say anything, you gave him a rambling lecture trying to show off what you learned .

You keep speaking about $300, but some people have the $300 and don't mind paying it.

They aren't worth the price to YOU

The irony :lol:

Flew right over your head :smh:

You didn't give him a chance to say anything, you gave him a rambling lecture trying to show off what you learned .

You keep speaking about $300, but some people have the $300 and don't mind paying it.

They aren't worth the price to YOU

They aren't worth 300 to anyone & everyone that knows a little bit about audio in general.

What's so hard to understand?

Back
Top Bottom