NT what Headphones you rock?

I use WH-1000XM3 mostly. Great all around headphones. Only complaint is having to manually disconnect when switching devices (to a device already paired). Did they fix this with the XM4?

Powerbeats Pro for working out. Big bass and zero chance of falling out. Only issue is the occasional dead battery from not seating in the case properly

Grabbed a pair of Galaxy Buds Plus for $80 to keep at the office or when I need a basic pair of headphones. Opted for them over AirPods even though I have an iPhone. Cheaper and not goofy looking in ear. I didn't love them at first but they've grown on me. Solid headphones for the price

I use WH-1000XM3 mostly. Great all around headphones. Only complaint is having to manually disconnect when switching devices (to a device already paired). Did they fix this with the XM4?

Powerbeats Pro for working out. Big bass and zero chance of falling out. Only issue is the occasional dead battery from not seating in the case properly

Grabbed a pair of Galaxy Buds Plus for $80 to keep at the office or when I need a basic pair of headphones. Opted for them over AirPods even though I have an iPhone. Cheaper and not goofy looking in ear. I didn't love them at first but they've grown on me. Solid headphones for the price

yup the xm4 supports multi point (2 device max) it's been super convenient for me. listen to something on my laptop then instantly switch over to the phone. honestly i haven't had a single issue with the xm4 yet and I've been using them daily for about 2-3 weeks now

MJ503

yup the xm4 supports multi point (2 device max) it's been super convenient for me. listen to something on my laptop then instantly switch over to the phone. honestly i haven't had a single issue with the xm4 yet and I've been using them daily for about 2-3 weeks now

I’m surprised the last version didn’t have that feature

Had XM3s a while now but can’t justify the upgrade on that alone:lol:

Outside of working out how are the Powerbeats Pro for casual use and in loud places like the airplane?? Without noise canceling im worried ill still be able to hear good amount of outside noise.

Xm4s, not sure if xm5s are releasing next year so I can't answer your 2nd question.
Places dropped them to $250. Only reason stopping me because idk how much better ANC is compared to my air pod pros. Wanted over head sets for traveling mainly.

I love my xm4s and they're great when traveling. If you do cop, I'd suggest going to best buy and getting the warranty. If they break for any reason, you can replace them and if they aren't available you get the value when you purchased towards new ones.

Held the airport max for the first time and all l can say is :wow: PREMIUM FEEL. Probably the nicest headphones I've ever held. I didn't get to listen to them but if they look as good as they feel then they'll have to take my money.

Just picked up a pair of 2nd gen airpods for the low. Not a fan of the design but mainly for snowboard, skateboarding so should be good.

Resurrect this thread.

My Powerbeats Pro right earbud died outta nowhere, so went into Target today to checkout some new earbuds. They had the 4 pairs Sony XF-1000XM4 earbuds in the spot for the XM3’s, and dude rang em up, and noticed the price was higher than the tag, asked him if he could honor the price since they, along with a few other pairs in the wrong spot, and dude said he’d try the price override and see.

Regular price $279, down to $199, and another $10 off for the red card discount. Felt reeeeallll good walkin outta there with that deal.

I was on the fence with getting these, AirPods Pro, or trying the over the ear AirPod Max, or new WH-1000XM5, but ultimately decided the low profile mixed with the noise canceling was going to be the best option.

friscostylez friscostylez how are you liking yours?

Bose Classic over-ear all black… I lost my AirPods lol tough don’t think they’ll show up again :lol: Had them for about 5 years though and the speaker was starting to quiet so was going to have to upgrade.

WH-1000XM5 are out? Just gotta hope the WH-1000XM4 discontinue by the end of the year so I can swap them out at BB :evil:

Been rockin w some sennheiser hd 280 pros for a while now and have been wanting to upgrade. Does anyone have a pair of sennheisers in the $250-400 range that they recommend?

Been rockin w some sennheiser hd 280 pros for a while now and have been wanting to upgrade. Does anyone have a pair of sennheisers in the $250-400 range that they recommend?

Try the 6xx. Should be $200 at drop. Can spend the rest on a Schiit Stack or JDS Labs amp/dac combo if you want to.

If you want closed backs I'd look elsewhere, Sennheiser closed backs are pretty trash.

Emu Teaks are a nice option for that https://drop.com/buy/emu-wood-series-headphones?defaultSelectionIds=967472

Last edited:
been using my B&W P7 for eternity and it has proven itself. very good headphones. I bought them when they cost a lot for $400. loved it's sound signature. been considering an upgrade for a few year now with some wireless but them having some faults have taken me a back. although I would have chosen the WH-1000XM5 or PX7 if I wanted a wireless one. if you want convenience of a bluetooth headphones, these are my choices.

but if you really want a great hifi headphone for the buck, get the open-back Sennheisers. I just got a Sennheiser HD 598SE and it pretty much replaced my favorite P7. if you can find one, that would be great, but if you can't, you can still have an even better Sennheiser HD 560S. just be warned that you need a DAC for it to sing. a good dac is a Fiio e10k. I would have gotten the HD 560s over the HD 598SE, but the latter won me over considering it is easier to drive with lower impedance than the 560s, and also the fact that I got them for a price that is just too hard to ignore.

been using my B&W P7 for eternity and it has proven itself. very good headphones. I bought them when they cost a lot for $400. loved it's sound signature. been considering an upgrade for a few year now with some wireless but them having some faults have taken me a back. although I would have chosen the WH-1000XM5 or PX7 if I wanted a wireless one. if you want convenience of a bluetooth headphones, these are my choices.

but if you really want a great hifi headphone for the buck, get the open-back Sennheisers. I just got a Sennheiser HD 598SE and it pretty much replaced my favorite P7. if you can find one, that would be great, but if you can't, you can still have an even better Sennheiser HD 560S. just be warned that you need a DAC for it to sing. a good dac is a Fiio e10k. I would have gotten the HD 560s over the HD 598SE, but the latter won me over considering it is easier to drive with lower impedance than the 560s, and also the fact that I got them for a price that is just too hard to ignore.

I've always heard great things about Sennheiser open backs, but I could never get myself to pull the trigger.
There have been multiple times that I've added either the HD6XX or HD58X to my cart but talked myself out of it before checking out.
Looks like they're on 'sale' for $199 right now. https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

I've always heard great things about Sennheiser open backs, but I could never get myself to pull the trigger.
There have been multiple times that I've added either the HD6XX or HD58X to my cart but talked myself out of it before checking out.
Looks like they're on 'sale' for $199 right now. https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx
my HD598 has a wide soundstage, excellent clarity and great separation so far with the music I'm playing. it really attacks the midrange which I needed for watching movies as well and pretty much a must for gaming. it definitely enhances the experience and make it seem real. although, if you really want to bring out it's exceptional sound, I suggest adding an amp/dac for it. there are cheap options for those so it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Owned the 58X, sold it. Despite owning it for like 2 years and bending the headband, I could never get rid of the clamp and it would hurt my jaw during extended periods.

Have tried the 6xx, and man.. they're admittedly boring. But they probably have the best mids in the game.

Your 560s could probably have run fine without an amp, it's an efficient pair of headphones.

Back
Top Bottom