NT what Headphones you rock?

trill...

that is a thread of about 15-20 people who hate bose overall (from what i made out) and maybe they know something i don't.

but for me personally i was really basing it off of my appreciation for the mei2, and i had a original pair of those when they first dropped years ago... and i was always really impressed (so i had 2 bose products that i give the 5 star rating to), with the build, sound and quality, so i figured why not try the oe.

on a larger scale, like amazon and best buy, they have anywhere from 300-600 people who thought they were incredible, giving them a minimum of 4.5 stars (per site)

i guess at the end of the day, its something each person has to compare and experience for themselves and make their choice accordingly.

like i could say the beats studios are the best thing since sliced bread, and then you put them on and they are the worst headphones known to man.

if anything knowing me, i will buy both and return one.

once again you have been most helpful.

now that mini amp, that looks like a lot to carry, you put that in your pocket? it makes that much of a difference in sound even with a set of superior headphones? how much more is it enhancing sound and is it to the point where that extra add-on is truly worth it?

^^^^ you have a point, i have just always seen people talk down on bose for some reason. 

it's probably just because they're the big dog on the block.. and they're a little on the overpriced side.

the amp is almost half the length of an iPhone 5 and about the same size in width.. so it's not that big. i just velcro it to the back of my iPod.

i would definitely say that the headphones i use sound much better when hooked up to the amp.. they get louder, the sound is fuller, and the bass improves a lot.

i should also mention that i listen to mostly lossless files, that makes a big difference.

Last edited:
i agree with you, bose is a bit overpriced, but so are a lot of other things we buy that don't need to be. i guess at the end of the day, thats business for you. :rolleyes

lossless has to do with compression right? recreating the file, reducing the size but not compromising the quality right? if you are dealing with that, you must have a TON of music.

here is the set up, i have a 160GB classic, which usually i just leave in my car.

I have a iPhone 5 and iPad 2, each 32GB. Those two devices I carry them with me daily, and I usually put my most favorite music on there, and new music that I want to dissect on the go. The amp could be used for those settings where I am enjoying music on one of those devices I suppose. Sounds like it is a great enhancement, potentially making something that is already great even greater.

i'm rocking these:

but wouldn't mind a good upgrade with a good amount of bass and that can take a beating:nerd:

i agree with you, bose is a bit overpriced, but so are a lot of other things we buy that don't need to be. i guess at the end of the day, thats business for you.
eyes.gif

lossless has to do with compression right? recreating the file, reducing the size but not compromising the quality right? if you are dealing with that, you must have a TON of music.

here is the set up, i have a 160GB classic, which usually i just leave in my car.

I have a iPhone 5 and iPad 2, each 32GB. Those two devices I carry them with me daily, and I usually put my most favorite music on there, and new music that I want to dissect on the go. The amp could be used for those settings where I am enjoying music on one of those devices I suppose. Sounds like it is a great enhancement, potentially making something that is already great even greater.
lossless just means that i have the exact audio copies of albums.. little to no compression at all.

the more compression the more the quality of the music decreases.

i think the amp would be a great addition to your daily portable rigs.. it also allows you to listen to music at a lower volume while still sounding great.

I use some ear in skull candy ones. Not great but good sound quality for the price (30 or 40). Serves its purpose

I'm currently using the ATH-M50 that I was lucky enough to get for $11, though I'm looking to get another pair of headphones. For $60 I recommend everyone check out the JVC HA-S500 you can get from shipped from Japan on ebay.

I'm thinking whether to get new headphones or new speakers for my computer, but a new speaker setup is a different thing altogether because I have to get a Receiver and a DAC to go with a sub/speaker setup, just getting headphones is much more simple :lol:, all you need is maybe an amp.

Currently rocking Bose ie2. I wear them 8 hours a day in work.

Was using the Klipsch for 2 years before that.

I must say I didn't like the Bose as much as the Klipsch at first. After a few months though I think they're finally "breaking in" properly and its beginning to sound better to me.

I got these A-Jays 4 a few months ago. I've been through a bunch in the last few years. I use them most days with my iphone. I had Sennheiser in-ears which had a nice sound but one ear died after about 4 months - common according to Amazon reviews. Then I got Sony ones which were okay but fragile - I had 3 pairs replaced under warranty.

I got those because they have thick flat cables - much more durable and they don't tangle even if you shove them in your pocket.

Turns out I have small ear canals and they were really uncomfortable. I went to a local audiologist who I know and be made me custom earpieces. Now they are really comfortable and the sound is great. I'll post a pic of them later.

I also got a new app called Rondo this week. It alters the stereo and makes a nice difference to music - especially live acoustic type stuff. Adds a lot of depth. It's free at the moment so worth a try.

Apple earpods >>

I have to disagree

Every pair i've owned has broken rather quickly

Maybe the stand alones are better than the ones that come with apple hardare?

Earpods are the new ones right? Since they changed the earbuds when the Iphone 5 came out

Yup, Earpods are the new ones that came with the 5. I lost my original ones that came with the phone but had to immediately order a new pair

Ultimate Ear TripleFi 10

Got a killer deal on these thanks to a very helpful NTer. Then I got them customized.

317151062b6011e2a33422000a1cbd24_7.jpg

They sound so good I'm thinking about getting a backup or two.

Logitech discontinued them. :smh:

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't realize how good the TF10s were until I put down my ATh-M50 and listened to them again, they're just better than the M50s even though they're an iem.

my left ear on my beats tour's just died on me. anybody recommend anything around the $20 range that are dope and has a good size chord and bass, it was annoying going out skating and having to adjust bc the chord was short on my tours

Beats Executives
I got a killer deal during the holidays from my boy who works for Apple (these were like 40%-50% off). I can't compare them to any other brands but they're comfortable and I love them.

Back
Top Bottom