NT what Headphones you rock?

So I found a deal on Twitter a few weeks ago for some monster inspiration noise cancelling headphones for $35. Apparently they're demo pairs and the description just mentioned they had a non detacheable cable which I was okay with. But when they came I found out that the demo versions come with a split in the chord with an ac adapter input to power the noise canceling as opposed to the battery powered noise canceling the retrial headphones have. I was pissed at first but for the price I figured I'd make the most it. I rigged a 9 volt battery to it and the noise cancellig works great and they're some damn good headphones. It's an eye sore but the chord is long enough to that i just stick the the battery in my pocket. Next thing will be to make a battery adapter which a lot shorter and more compact.

Just listened to a few wireless joints and I was impressed with the bowers and Wilkins p7, bass was legit and I like the way they look. No noise cancelation, but I don't really care about that. They're pricey though, 400, Sheesh. Probably sell the studio wireless first.

Just watched a review on those and dude said the bass was insane, which I like. I'm not crazy about how they look though. Picky I know. I wonder how clear the rest of the tones are.

I checked out a few others, Parrot zik 3 are unbelievable average, at least for the type of music I sampled (hip hop). can't believe they're 400.

Sheesh I'm about to post in this thread and forgot it was even me who made it !

But I've got these Nakamichi Bluetooth joints.

Got them from best buy like last year sometime. For CHEAP. $40

They sound great, right amount of bass.

No fancy noise cancelling or anything like that. But if you're not an audiophile, it's great just to use on a flight or long trip.

They're not too attractive though. But I don't care. They do an excellent job

Put my studio wireless on offer up for 200, I was gonna pull the trigger on the b&w p7s. Someone offered 150 now I'm having second thoughts... I need to hear the p7s again.

Sennheiser momemtum wireless. Noise cancellation is amazing. Can't hear a thing if I'm listening to music even in a busy environment. Even if I'm not listening to anything, active noise cancellation significantly blocks sound. Bluetooth works perfectly with my iPhone. No hiccups so far in the few months I've had it. I've had connection issues with my MacBook Pro but everything about my MBP is breaking down so I don't know if the headphones are to blame for that or not.

Last edited:
MPOW Elk wireless earbuds for the gym, gonna upgrade to some Jaybirds if I catch them on sale

i've got the powerbeats 2 for the gym and they're nice.
for casual wear, the LG tone platinum. pretty clear but not worth the 200 price tag.

I use the AirPods for everyday/gym use. Still using my old beats studio wireless for planes etc.

The Powerbeats 2's were beast though. Input my pair through the ringer

I use the AirPods for everyday/gym use. Still using my old beats studio wireless for planes etc.

The Powerbeats 2's were beast though. Input my pair through the ringer
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I have wireless studios right now, want a good wireless earbud.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I have wireless studios right now, want a good wireless earbud.

They aren't for everybody but I've had my AirPods for about a month now and I love them. Best 150 I spent in a while.

picked up some amazon basics headphones after i was tired of my iphone buds falling out of my ear at the gym.

sound isnt quite as tinny on these and the fit is more sturdy/comfortable (they come with 2 replacement sets of rubber tips). plus if they get fried by sweat or my dog eats them they're only 8 bucks

question for y'all

the charging port on my beats studio 2.0s are f****d. i got them 2 years ago so i'm pretty sure theyre not under warranty. im sure bb/geek squad does those sort of repairs but is there any other services yall use for this type of thing? is there a DIY solution? thanks in advance

Put my studio wireless on offer up for 200, I was gonna pull the trigger on the b&w p7s. Someone offered 150 now I'm having second thoughts... I need to hear the p7s again.

Do it. The p7 are outstanding and you'll have a hard time finding a better looking set of headphones. For Bluetooth they sound the best as well imo. Type of headphones that make you want to listen to your entire library because they reveal details you couldn't hear on other headphones. Sold my beoplay h7. Might pick up the beoplay h4 tho and have both b&w p7, b&o h4.

Hmm. I pump faked and pulled the studios off of offer up. I legit think the p7 wireless sound better than the standard p7, which I listened to in a best buy and wasn't impressed at all. Even when I checked out the $900 p9's I wasn't impressed. They look like aston martins on your ears but 900 is ridiculous.

Skullcandy crusher wireless. Crazy bass and 40 hour battery life
Funny, just saw good reviews on these and I was shocked. I should've expectsd it though because I've also been watching reviews on the "Method" wireless line getting rave reviews. I need a good work-out IEM so I'm gunna cop tomorrow and think about whether I should get the Crushers, Momentum Wireless, or go traditional and go with wired Phillips X2s.

Last edited:
Hmm. I pump faked and pulled the studios off of offer up. I legit think the p7 wireless sound better than the standard p7, which I listened to in a best buy and wasn't impressed at all. Even when I checked out the $900 p9's I wasn't impressed. They look like aston martins on your ears but 900 is ridiculous.

The wired p7 have a balanced soundstage with more focus on the mids and lows and are really for home listening. the wireless p7 is for on the go and have more bass but its not like beats where it overpowers the vocals mids/high. It actually enhances the music for an enjoyable listen. Very fun set of cans to listen to your music. Can't recommend enough. Only downer is sound leaks a bit at the highest volumes and Tight fit for like the first 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Good info. I knew I wasn't tripping when I remembered the wireless sounding better and having more bass than the standard.

Back
Top Bottom