NT what's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

The exorcism of Emily Rose and The Grudge had me sleeping with the TV on for a week.

LMFAO at whoever suggested august underground btw we have an semi-recent horror film topic with a lot of good films listed.

some of my favs include ichi the killer, (pretty awesome gangster movie a lot of plot, a lot of gore, a lot of crazy stuff) oldboy, let me in, matyrs, frontieres. if you can get through these then you might be ready but

in all seriousness you probably don't want to watch august underground. thats a movie you watch after you've seen a couple of top of the line crazy gore, horror, disgusting films... jumping into that is chaos and i bet 20 bucks you're upset after watching it. like angry at people for suggesting it to you, and depressed. everyone falls for the same trap "i bet you can't watch it" so it peaks interest people try to watch it and ... bad things happen

edit: found the recent topic http://niketalk.com/topic...se--Theaters-toda?page=1

......wish real horror would come back. im so tired of these over the top gory and sexual movies being passed off as horror.

- just because something i sick or gory doesnt make it scary.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Some folks didn't find it to be scary but I thought the orphanage was an incredible movie. Just enough suspense, just enough thrill, great story line. I watched it in the theaters & I couldn't tear my hand away from my face for the life of me.
laugh.gif
B, why you know in chat anymore.

Rawex, you're ({})
tongue.gif

I thought Event Horizon was pretty scary.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

The Witches

It's all about context for that one. I was six and saw it in theaters. The cinematography was really trippy (looking back on it) and that Grand High Witch...had nightmares for weeks.

I was going to troll with that movie, but yeah it shooked me somewhat as a kid. I watched it recently and laughed though since Mr. Bean is in it.

Originally Posted by BLinK

The exorcism of Emily Rose and The Grudge had me sleeping with the TV on for a week.

Lol good thing you didn't watch The Ring during that time period then.

I don't get scared by movies anymore (I'm white). My top 3 scariest as a kid:

fm39d.jpg

Still won't go swimming in ocean water above my head.

2a83yav.jpg

hufss5.jpg

The Exorcist and The Shining. I only saw the Exorcist for the first time after it was re-released a couple years back with new scenes. I'd been watching slasher flicks (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, etc.) for the longest and they were "scary" as far as I knew but never turn-the-t.v.-off scary. I'd watched shockumentaries as well (pre-internet gore/shock videos for those who don't know). I was able to sit through that too, maybe wincing at a few scenes. After hearing people go on about The Exorcist, I decided to give it a go. This was on a whole new level. It %+!$#+ with me. I grabbed the remote about 1/3 of the way in and just started fast forwarding parts just to get through it. The Shining %+!$#+ with me because I had no idea what to expect. I was thinking 'okay dude goes crazy and starts wiping out people with an ax'. But to see his slow decent into madness coupled with some weird-@%! random scenes just creeped me the #!%% out.

Originally Posted by Lou Baton

"It" I think it's the only movie that has ever legit creeped me out.

One of the main reasons why I $*@%!+ hate clowns to this day.... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

The Exorcist and The Shining. I only saw the Exorcist for the first time after it was re-released a couple years back with new scenes. I'd been watching slasher flicks (Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, etc.) for the longest and they were "scary" as far as I knew but never turn-the-t.v.-off scary. I'd watched shockumentaries as well (pre-internet gore/shock videos for those who don't know). I was able to sit through that too, maybe wincing at a few scenes. After hearing people go on about The Exorcist, I decided to give it a go. This was on a whole new level. It %+!$#+ with me. I grabbed the remote about 1/3 of the way in and just started fast forwarding parts just to get through it. The Shining %+!$#+ with me because I had no idea what to expect. I was thinking 'okay dude goes crazy and starts wiping out people with an ax'. But to see his slow decent into madness coupled with some weird-@%! random scenes just creeped me the #!%% out.

This.  This.  And more this.  Shining is HANDS DOWN the scariest movie I've ever seen for this reason.  The part where she's running up the steps, looks into that room, and the bear is going down on dude?  That scene still messes with me to this day!  I know people will clown, but Blair Witch Project was that way for me too.  I had trouble sleeping for weeks after seeing both of those movies.

The Strangers was another one that I didn't think much of when I first saw it, but the more time passed, the more it messed with me.  Just people out looking to murder someone, and pick a random house?  Maaaan.

Peace,
  J

Originally Posted by jshortt

Originally Posted by Ghenges

This.  This.  And more this.  Shining is HANDS DOWN the scariest movie I've ever seen for this reason.  The part where she's running up the steps, looks into that room, and the bear is going down on dude?  That scene still messes with me to this day!  I know people will clown, but Blair Witch Project was that way for me too.  I had trouble sleeping for weeks after seeing both of those movies.

The Strangers was another one that I didn't think much of when I first saw it, but the more time passed, the more it messed with me.  Just people out looking to murder someone, and pick a random house?  Maaaan.

Peace,
  J

Strangers creeped me all the way out
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

the hills have eyes

and

the life i have been living for 27 years
Thought this was an underrated movie. When my man came out the cut with the pick axe and started getting revenge, I was the only one in the theater like

a2518953-5-applaud%20gif.gif

The Exorcist. Before I watched it I remember thinking a movie about a possessed girl will not be scary. Wrong.

Second would be the OG Texas Chainsaw Massacre...all the horror movies from back in the 70's and 80's %@@* on the horror movies from today.

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

the hills have eyes

and

the life i have been living for 27 years
Thought this was an underrated movie. When my man came out the cut with the pick axe and started getting revenge, I was the only one in the theater like
This movie creeped me out so hard. especially when the mutants raped the girl and were like drinking her breast milk...
sick.gif
skeeved me out pretty hard.

I'm looking forward to seeing Paranormal Activity 3, i like the way they are taking the story, and i hope it stops here and there isn't a fourth

finally, someone please embed just watched this trailer last night, looks good and scared the crap out of me.

The OG version of The Exorcist wasn't scary as the prequel released in 2004. The prequel had me %*++*!@ bricks.

Back
Top Bottom