NT, where do you live now, and is it currently working for you?

Originally Posted by Xavier

jhobson5 wrote:
I moved to Lafayette, LA last year and I must say STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM LOUISIANA AS POSSIBLE. Most people here still live in the 1950s. Not a good place for a 24 year old black male. But my job pays me quite well, and if given the chance to move to any major city I am gone. The only thing Louisiana got right is the fattening food, drive thru daiquiris bars, and the food. Like i said STAY AWAY FROM LOUISIANA...Its a different planet.

lol damn my family is from new iberia la

i visit lafayette la often its only like - mins from new iberia

and i feel you on the 1950's part they except black people o be ghetto not cultured, to be at the bottom of the barrel etc.

place is  horrible and the job opps out there is ridiculous. aint nothing in lafayette but the acadiana mall and the university of lafayette aka the rajun cajuns
laugh.gif

i feel for you bruh especially if u came from denver to lafayette, u must be getting paid stupid to make that move.

im trying to get out of louisiana, but its pretty hard relocating without a lot of money

Fam I actually live in New Iberia. I said Lafayette since it is the next biggest city. And you hit it on the head black people down here are ghetto fabulous. I cant even tell you how many ignorant things I have heard since I lived here. My favorite line I get all the time from all cultures when I speak is "You speak all proper, you cant be from around here". Like is speaking like you have an education a bad thing. Dont get me started man.

Originally Posted by jtc85

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by PolarBear LaFlare

houston stand up!
born and raised here, wouldn't leave it for nothing!
very diverse city, great people, great malls, etc.
I'm from an area that's well off though...so I can't speak for the rest of the city
indifferent.gif
Born and raised in Houston too and I love it here.  The diversity, good places to eat & shop.  Can't complain about the cost of living too.
what neigborhoods yall from? I moved back to Houston back in 03 and after 3 years came back to san antonio. That South Park living isn't for everybody. I wouldn't mind staying off 290 or something but anything off 610 and/or I-45 aint the place to be
I'm on the west side in Alief, well the better part of Alief around the highway 6 area.  Yea I don't really mess with the SE side of town, its a bit out of my way and plus the majority of the people that I know live on the west side of town.  

houston stand up!
I'm from an area that's well off though...so I can't speak for the rest of the city
indifferent.gif
Born and raised in Houston too and I love it here.  The diversity, good places to eat & shop.  Can't complain about the cost of living too.
what neigborhoods yall from? I moved back to Houston back in 03 and after 3 years came back to san antonio. That South Park living isn't for everybody. I wouldn't mind staying off 290 or something but anything off 610 and/or I-45 aint the place to be
I'm on the west side in Alief, well the better part of Alief around the highway 6 area.  Yea I don't really mess with the SE side of town, its a bit out of my way and plus the majority of the people that I know live on the west side of town.  

Originally Posted by jhobson5

jhobson5 wrote:
I moved to Lafayette, LA last year and I must say STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM LOUISIANA AS POSSIBLE. Most people here still live in the 1950s. Not a good place for a 24 year old black male. But my job pays me quite well, and if given the chance to move to any major city I am gone. The only thing Louisiana got right is the fattening food, drive thru daiquiris bars, and the food. Like i said STAY AWAY FROM LOUISIANA...Its a different planet.

and i feel you on the 1950's part they except black people o be ghetto not cultured, to be at the bottom of the barrel etc.

place is  horrible and the job opps out there is ridiculous. aint nothing in lafayette but the acadiana mall and the university of lafayette aka the rajun cajuns
laugh.gif

i feel for you bruh especially if u came from denver to lafayette, u must be getting paid stupid to make that move.

im trying to get out of louisiana, but its pretty hard relocating without a lot of money

Fam I actually live in New Iberia. I said Lafayette since it is the next biggest city. And you hit it on the head black people down here are ghetto fabulous. I cant even tell you how many ignorant things I have heard since I lived here. My favorite line I get all the time from all cultures when I speak is "You speak all proper, you cant be from around here". Like is speaking like you have an education a bad thing. Dont get me started man.

word lol i went to school at westgate

i moved to no after high school

people are so close minded in new iberia its crazy, i dont even mess with people from THE B
laugh.gif

one reason why i joined the army was to get out of that hell hole, aint nothing there except walmart lol. shid is like the biggest hangout spot.

i get called stuck up/ he think he better than everybody else. cause i dont +%*% with these lame people from new iberia, i been all over the states and the world. so of these people the farthest they ever been is lafayette lol. so i know how lame and behind the times this city is compared to bigger cities.

man i cant wait to move to georgia or north carolina next year.

and dont even get me started on jobs in new iberia, its like slavery wages over there.

and education here is non existent bro. its almost cool just to graduate hs And just live paycheck to paycheck. or hang around the streets all day claiming your block.

this isnt just new iberia almost the whole southeastern part of louisiana.

cant wait to get the hell out of LOUISIANA!!!!

Originally Posted by jhobson5

jhobson5 wrote:

laugh.gif

word lol i went to school at westgate

i moved to no after high school

people are so close minded in new iberia its crazy, i dont even mess with people from THE B
laugh.gif

one reason why i joined the army was to get out of that hell hole, aint nothing there except walmart lol. shid is like the biggest hangout spot.

i get called stuck up/ he think he better than everybody else. cause i dont +%*% with these lame people from new iberia, i been all over the states and the world. so of these people the farthest they ever been is lafayette lol. so i know how lame and behind the times this city is compared to bigger cities.

man i cant wait to move to georgia or north carolina next year.

and dont even get me started on jobs in new iberia, its like slavery wages over there.

and education here is non existent bro. its almost cool just to graduate hs And just live paycheck to paycheck. or hang around the streets all day claiming your block.

this isnt just new iberia almost the whole southeastern part of louisiana.

cant wait to get the hell out of LOUISIANA!!!!

Originally Posted by jdiggs

Im 18 bout to be 19 and just moved to San Diego.. Theres absolutely nothing to do out here if your under 21. Theres terrible drivers, hella old retired people, not alot of hiphop, late trends, and pure haters. They fanatics over their sports here. They killed a Raider fan..

On the bright side its almost always sunny and theres a good amount of females. Theres parks and palm trees everywhere and all the public places are really nice.
I miss the bay tho. My Vallejo fam and SF..
What is there to do anywhere if you're under 21, though?

Im 18 bout to be 19 and just moved to San Diego.. Theres absolutely nothing to do out here if your under 21. Theres terrible drivers, hella old retired people, not alot of hiphop, late trends, and pure haters. They fanatics over their sports here. They killed a Raider fan..

On the bright side its almost always sunny and theres a good amount of females. Theres parks and palm trees everywhere and all the public places are really nice.

I dont like BUdapest, HUngary....want to go back to my hometown, Toronto, maybe after school. Or at least to London or Vienna.

I dont like BUdapest, HUngary....want to go back to my hometown, Toronto, maybe after school. Or at least to London or Vienna.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by toast1985

I currently live in Tampa, FL. Diverse city, but definitely not ideal for a Black Male Mid-20's.
Why is that?

Wilmington, NC (although I'm back home right now). It's alright, but it'll be 10x better during the summer.
My thought process? In terms of Progessive Blacks in that age range, they're primarily in these major cities: Houston, Atlanta, D.C., or the Chi. Pretty much the major cities. I've met a few cuties here, but networking opportunities are limited. Not the worst place, but definitely not ideal.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by toast1985

I currently live in Tampa, FL. Diverse city, but definitely not ideal for a Black Male Mid-20's.
Why is that?

Wilmington, NC (although I'm back home right now). It's alright, but it'll be 10x better during the summer.
My thought process? In terms of Progessive Blacks in that age range, they're primarily in these major cities: Houston, Atlanta, D.C., or the Chi. Pretty much the major cities. I've met a few cuties here, but networking opportunities are limited. Not the worst place, but definitely not ideal.

Lawton/Ft. Sill, Oklahoma- born and raised here so I have no problem with it. I do want to move (Atl, Dallas, maybe OKC top options) just because I don't want to have spent almost my entire life in the same city. I'm a Military brat and this is a military/college town so it's surprisingly diverse for a Southern city, and successful blacks and not just tons of ghettos. Frankly, there is no neighborhood so bad I am scared to go in and park my car or whatever, few pockets but even still if you aren't bothering them, people including the so called thugs don't bother you.

Weather wise, put it this way it was 67 today. I'm still close enough to major cities OKC (1.25 hrs) and Dallas (3.5hrs) in terms of airports, big time concerts, sporting events, and other big city things. Cost of living is cheap, people are extremely nice, nothing to complain about.

Still, I can get my same job in any other military base city pretty easily I think so I'm still just pondering my next move. I might even go back to school and switch careers.

Lawton/Ft. Sill, Oklahoma- born and raised here so I have no problem with it. I do want to move (Atl, Dallas, maybe OKC top options) just because I don't want to have spent almost my entire life in the same city. I'm a Military brat and this is a military/college town so it's surprisingly diverse for a Southern city, and successful blacks and not just tons of ghettos. Frankly, there is no neighborhood so bad I am scared to go in and park my car or whatever, few pockets but even still if you aren't bothering them, people including the so called thugs don't bother you.

Weather wise, put it this way it was 67 today. I'm still close enough to major cities OKC (1.25 hrs) and Dallas (3.5hrs) in terms of airports, big time concerts, sporting events, and other big city things. Cost of living is cheap, people are extremely nice, nothing to complain about.

Still, I can get my same job in any other military base city pretty easily I think so I'm still just pondering my next move. I might even go back to school and switch careers.

Capitol Heights MD....Nope, Its my hometown but I feel Ive been here way too long and Im starting to go stir crazy lol, hope to relocate in the near future. CA is top on my list
glasses.gif

Capitol Heights MD....Nope, Its my hometown but I feel Ive been here way too long and Im starting to go stir crazy lol, hope to relocate in the near future. CA is top on my list
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Nothing really but school and chillin wit the boys. Mabey blow trees or get drunk.18 and up clubs are garbage. Lost that after we moved.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Nothing really but school and chillin wit the boys. Mabey blow trees or get drunk.18 and up clubs are garbage. Lost that after we moved.

houston stand up!
indifferent.gif

i live in the memorial area, on blalock close to 99 ranch.

houston stand up!
indifferent.gif

i live in the memorial area, on blalock close to 99 ranch.

Djibouti, East Africa.

Been here for 4 months and loving it. Just moved my wife and daughter out. Christmas in Africa
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Djibouti, East Africa.

Been here for 4 months and loving it. Just moved my wife and daughter out. Christmas in Africa
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom