NTers 25+: Do you guys still have trouble splitting the bill with your friends?

I'd rather only go out with a few of my friends because they all can split the bill evenly.

Sorry.

But black people make movies and events out of splitting the bill. and God forbid the gratuity isnt included.

Over the weekend, I went out with 2 of my boys. One brought his lady and she invited her 2 female friends. Bill was split 3 ways so only the dudes paid. I mean if I am going to pay for a chick, at least let it be a date so it's one on one. Yeah I am mad cause I didn't smash either of the 2 female friends but they were kinda weak anyways so no biggie! I am done with this blind date bull crap though.

Over the weekend, I went out with 2 of my boys. One brought his lady and she invited her 2 female friends. Bill was split 3 ways so only the dudes paid. I mean if I am going to pay for a chick, at least let it be a date so it's one on one. Yeah I am mad cause I didn't smash either of the 2 female friends but they were kinda weak anyways so no biggie! I am done with this blind date bull crap though.

How are you okay with paying $50 or more if you just had a drink and an appetizer? That's why I ask for my own check. I wouldn't have spazzed but I definitely would have said something to the tune of "I'm not paying this much".

Me and my friends usually take turns paying for each other every time we go somewhere...even if it's just somewhere for drinks one of us always takes the bill...except when my one friend who never has any money goes...then we usually split the bill including hers...feels good to know we can do that for each other tho...

Me and my friends usually take turns paying for each other every time we go somewhere...even if it's just somewhere for drinks one of us always takes the bill...except when my one friend who never has any money goes...then we usually split the bill including hers...feels good to know we can do that for each other tho...

How are you okay with paying $50 or more if you just had a drink and an appetizer? That's why I ask for my own check. I wouldn't have spazzed but I definitely would have said something to the tune of "I'm not paying this much".

went out w/my bff a friend and some strangers and had to go through the whole bill thing

we ended up on the same check (no problem) and let everyone else figure it out on their end

went out w/my bff a friend and some strangers and had to go through the whole bill thing

we ended up on the same check (no problem) and let everyone else figure it out on their end

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Does there come an age when everyone knows what to do when eating out and calculates correctly?
short answer: NO

In my experience, cheap/dumb people will continue to be cheap/dumb people.

For the most part, when I go out with my friends nowadays, we just go even split pot and that seems to work out ok.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  I've been out to dinner where I wasn't really feelin anything on the menu so I just ordered a sandwich, a couple of beers, and ended up dropping $50.  No big deal.  It all comes around.  The only exception to this rule is if people show up late and dont eat, or if they dont drink any booze at all since booze can easily add up to more than 50% of the entire bill.
LOL But why do those people have to be either cheap or dumb. I will ALWAYS lose in that situation because
A. I don't/won't eat a lot or pig out
B. I don't drink

So I should just be "mature" about it and have no issues with spending DOUBLE of what I ordered? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Originally Posted by MZBLUE2U

Me and my friends usually take turns paying for each other every time we go somewhere...even if it's just somewhere for drinks one of us always takes the bill...except even my one friend who never has any money goes...then we usually split the bill including hers...feels good to know we can do that for each other tho...

Yeah I do this with like 3 of my homeboys. We'll go get wings. He'll cover me. Hit the bar that night I get his cover and first round and don't think twice about it. But I'm more so speaking on any group of 6+ at a spot especially the 15+ birthday dinners

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Does there come an age when everyone knows what to do when eating out and calculates correctly?
short answer: NO

In my experience, cheap/dumb people will continue to be cheap/dumb people.

For the most part, when I go out with my friends nowadays, we just go even split pot and that seems to work out ok.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  I've been out to dinner where I wasn't really feelin anything on the menu so I just ordered a sandwich, a couple of beers, and ended up dropping $50.  No big deal.  It all comes around.  The only exception to this rule is if people show up late and dont eat, or if they dont drink any booze at all since booze can easily add up to more than 50% of the entire bill.
LOL But why do those people have to be either cheap or dumb. I will ALWAYS lose in that situation because
A. I don't/won't eat a lot or pig out
B. I don't drink

So I should just be "mature" about it and have no issues with spending DOUBLE of what I ordered? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Originally Posted by MZBLUE2U

Me and my friends usually take turns paying for each other every time we go somewhere...even if it's just somewhere for drinks one of us always takes the bill...except even my one friend who never has any money goes...then we usually split the bill including hers...feels good to know we can do that for each other tho...

Yeah I do this with like 3 of my homeboys. We'll go get wings. He'll cover me. Hit the bar that night I get his cover and first round and don't think twice about it. But I'm more so speaking on any group of 6+ at a spot especially the 15+ birthday dinners

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Ill just throw a 20 in the pot and bounce

Oh. One of those
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is what I mean. Getting an $18 plate and a Sprite and throwing in a 20
30t6p3b.gif

My crew fights over who gets to pay the bill. Everybody throwing stacks at the waitress & whichever one she takes is the person who paid.

Back
Top Bottom