NT'ers w/ locks, explain to me the journey of locks...

Oh ok you can still try for the free form but your twisted ones will perfect while you will have crazy new growth lol....like when I got my dreads first done they where like the normal you get them started with every dread parted but then I was like bump it and never got them twisted and as time past they just got rougher and rougher. You gotta watch them though because while letting be free they like to grow together and the ones you dont want together you have to rip apart or cut apart.

Oh ok you can still try for the free form but your twisted ones will perfect while you will have crazy new growth lol....like when I got my dreads first done they where like the normal you get them started with every dread parted but then I was like bump it and never got them twisted and as time past they just got rougher and rougher. You gotta watch them though because while letting be free they like to grow together and the ones you dont want together you have to rip apart or cut apart.

Can u guys post pics because I'm not too familiar with terms yall r using. I'm currently growing out my hair for dread and I'm at 3 inches. What length do u recommend getting them done at. And I know there's a lot of different techniques to dread, what is the best looking one and most efficient?

Can u guys post pics because I'm not too familiar with terms yall r using. I'm currently growing out my hair for dread and I'm at 3 inches. What length do u recommend getting them done at. And I know there's a lot of different techniques to dread, what is the best looking one and most efficient?

LONG HAIR DONT CARE.

I usually wear my hair up like:
Act_Joakim_Noah.jpg

My hair isn't as frizzy (I have straight hair), or as long.
Havn't gotten a cut in over a year
pimp.gif

LONG HAIR DONT CARE.

I usually wear my hair up like:
Act_Joakim_Noah.jpg

My hair isn't as frizzy (I have straight hair), or as long.
Havn't gotten a cut in over a year
pimp.gif

well i started growing my hair about june of last year..id say my fro was between 4 nd 5 inches when i first got my hair twisted..im mixed nd have what black people call 'good hair'..tired of getting haircuts every week i decide to grow my hair..got it twisted the first time in late october..now..i cant seem to find the trick for my hair type..but when i get my hair done,2 days later  its frizzy nd unraveling ...but i push on..thru this dreaded ugly stage of 1-5 inches with my 'good hair' being a major disadvantage to my hair actually locking..ima give it a year to work  out then its back to the fresh one blade no chemo ..
and as far as washing my hair..im not sure what its like for other hair types but ive washed my hair thoroughly just ONCE this whole process..went to the salon..washed it around new years nd came from under that sink with a wet fro..no twists left so i basically sat there nd started completely over..o well..

well i started growing my hair about june of last year..id say my fro was between 4 nd 5 inches when i first got my hair twisted..im mixed nd have what black people call 'good hair'..tired of getting haircuts every week i decide to grow my hair..got it twisted the first time in late october..now..i cant seem to find the trick for my hair type..but when i get my hair done,2 days later  its frizzy nd unraveling ...but i push on..thru this dreaded ugly stage of 1-5 inches with my 'good hair' being a major disadvantage to my hair actually locking..ima give it a year to work  out then its back to the fresh one blade no chemo ..
and as far as washing my hair..im not sure what its like for other hair types but ive washed my hair thoroughly just ONCE this whole process..went to the salon..washed it around new years nd came from under that sink with a wet fro..no twists left so i basically sat there nd started completely over..o well..

Do It! I started my dread quest myself last year April, got my hair twisted for the first time at about 3 inches of hair, the first few months can be challenging, but its worth it once your hair locks. The time it takes for your hair to lock depends on the type of hair you have and how often you retwist and maintain the hair. I had mine from April-October before I cut it off and majority of mine were completely locked. I cut them so I could start over... I was sure I could get them better the 2nd time around, although they weren't terrible the 1st time.

Do It! I started my dread quest myself last year April, got my hair twisted for the first time at about 3 inches of hair, the first few months can be challenging, but its worth it once your hair locks. The time it takes for your hair to lock depends on the type of hair you have and how often you retwist and maintain the hair. I had mine from April-October before I cut it off and majority of mine were completely locked. I cut them so I could start over... I was sure I could get them better the 2nd time around, although they weren't terrible the 1st time.

I'm tired of the waves and haircuts also but I would wanna braid my hair before I get locks

I'm tired of the waves and haircuts also but I would wanna braid my hair before I get locks

two of my roommates got locks. Well one has had them for a year and some change. The other one just got twisted up earlier this week. I couldn't do it, too much hassle and patience for me personally

two of my roommates got locks. Well one has had them for a year and some change. The other one just got twisted up earlier this week. I couldn't do it, too much hassle and patience for me personally

Back
Top Bottom