NT'ers w/ locks, explain to me the journey of locks...

been growing mine for 5 years this june.

ugly stage last bout 3 months, depending on how fast your hair grows.

you cant wash while their loccing up. after bout 4 months i was able to clean em without them coming out n %@#@.

*#+!*!@ love em.

dreads get as dirty as you let them. i only wash mine when im getting them retwisted (4 times a year).

the longer they get, the heavier and hotter they get.

the summers SUCC with em if you a heavy sweater. fitteds...psh...bring a towel woah

sleeping with these $$@$# be in the way sometimes too.

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

you cant wash while their loccing up. after bout 4 months i was able to clean em without them coming out n %@#@.

*#+!*!@ love em.

dreads get as dirty as you let them. i only wash mine when im getting them retwisted (4 times a year).

the summers SUCC with em if you a heavy sweater. fitteds...psh...bring a towel woah

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

Wish this thread was made a month ago, i was contemplating getting dreads and had my hair grown out for 5 months 
30t6p3b.gif

BTW anybody know whats up with wiz khalifa is he trying to get dreaded or what?

Wish this thread was made a month ago, i was contemplating getting dreads and had my hair grown out for 5 months 
30t6p3b.gif

BTW anybody know whats up with wiz khalifa is he trying to get dreaded or what?

the beginning is rough but after dat stage is smooth sailing had locks for 4 years love em

the beginning is rough but after dat stage is smooth sailing had locks for 4 years love em

Originally Posted by reeeem0

*#+!*!@ love em.

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

you wash your hair 4 times a year....if your hair is fully locked it's ok to wash them weeklynow i use to have locks and cut them off to get a job. got a job, been growing my hair back, currently braided up. I dont know if i want to get them locked...

*#+!*!@ love em.

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

you wash your hair 4 times a year....if your hair is fully locked it's ok to wash them weeklynow i use to have locks and cut them off to get a job. got a job, been growing my hair back, currently braided up. I dont know if i want to get them locked...

Very true before I left I had to help my mom wash hers which are just over 30 inches long now.
You definitely need some patience.

Don't over twist them or get them twisted too tight. 

Some guys will do that, like going to the barber too much, and in no time have a receding hairline.

Very true before I left I had to help my mom wash hers which are just over 30 inches long now.
You definitely need some patience.

Don't over twist them or get them twisted too tight. 

Some guys will do that, like going to the barber too much, and in no time have a receding hairline.

I've had locks (or dreads, I don't really care) for a little over 2 years. The best thing that makes the journey tolerable is having patience. There were a few times when I wanted to cut them off, but I chilled cuz I knew I'd miss them.

Sideshow bob's locks are DOPE! I wanted mine to get thicker, so I've been combining a few and pretty much skipping retwists. Last time I got one was in December, no plans on getting them done anytime soon.

I've had locks (or dreads, I don't really care) for a little over 2 years. The best thing that makes the journey tolerable is having patience. There were a few times when I wanted to cut them off, but I chilled cuz I knew I'd miss them.

Sideshow bob's locks are DOPE! I wanted mine to get thicker, so I've been combining a few and pretty much skipping retwists. Last time I got one was in December, no plans on getting them done anytime soon.

Like AiRodney23 said it really is all about having killer patience cause it has been times when I wanted to cut it all off but I just loved my hair too much. I dnt care about the whole dreads or locks doesn't matter to me

Back
Top Bottom