NT'ers w/ locks, explain to me the journey of locks...

Pic of the locks...2 years ago lol
pimp.gif
2b43643f69169055c23fd2527147e1e03330d03b_r.jpg

e04266f637994ccfd32740e4a4964c1344947b24_r.jpg

I wish you luck on the journey, OP. Don't listen to the losers that say "omg doooont itz nastyy!"

I wish you luck on the journey, OP. Don't listen to the losers that say "omg doooont itz nastyy!"

Well I've had my locks for about a year and a half and it's a long process indeed. I got them because I'm Jamaican but grew up in the US so I wanted to feel to do something from my homeland. I grew an afro out for about 5 or 6 months before the twisting. They locked up about 4 or 5 months in and I could finally wash them. At about 10 months they could shake. Right now they're still in the teenage stage, but I love em. They're kinda thick and I don't get retwists too often (maybe every 2 or 3 months) so I have that true dread look. Nothing like Sideshow Bob's pics though.

Well I've had my locks for about a year and a half and it's a long process indeed. I got them because I'm Jamaican but grew up in the US so I wanted to feel to do something from my homeland. I grew an afro out for about 5 or 6 months before the twisting. They locked up about 4 or 5 months in and I could finally wash them. At about 10 months they could shake. Right now they're still in the teenage stage, but I love em. They're kinda thick and I don't get retwists too often (maybe every 2 or 3 months) so I have that true dread look. Nothing like Sideshow Bob's pics though.

I had long hair for 13 out of the 23 years of my life. With any long hair style you gon have your haters, but you will also have those girls that like it and enjoy playing with it. At the moment I'm rocking a mullet

I had long hair for 13 out of the 23 years of my life. With any long hair style you gon have your haters, but you will also have those girls that like it and enjoy playing with it. At the moment I'm rocking a mullet

I'm going to start mine next week, I'll let you know how it goes. I already have long hair though, so I may not be able to help you.

I'm going to start mine next week, I'll let you know how it goes. I already have long hair though, so I may not be able to help you.

Yeah wanted them to grow a lil fatter like the one chris johnson has but hey it is what it is....speaking of jamaican I use to rock the hats to school and people would walk up to me and be like omg I didn't know you was jamaican lol, which I'm not

Yeah wanted them to grow a lil fatter like the one chris johnson has but hey it is what it is....speaking of jamaican I use to rock the hats to school and people would walk up to me and be like omg I didn't know you was jamaican lol, which I'm not

You really gotta be in that whole "idgaf bout what anyone thinks" mindset to do this. I bin growing my hair for about a year and a half and im bout to get it locked up. Locks
pimp.gif

You really gotta be in that whole "idgaf bout what anyone thinks" mindset to do this. I bin growing my hair for about a year and a half and im bout to get it locked up. Locks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sideshow bob

yea i be rockin them lil hats too & people always ask if im jamaican or hatian or sumthin
laugh.gif
. but yea i think ima let mine become freeform, i need sum of em to grow together anyway

Originally Posted by Sideshow bob

yea i be rockin them lil hats too & people always ask if im jamaican or hatian or sumthin
laugh.gif
. but yea i think ima let mine become freeform, i need sum of em to grow together anyway

just started growing my hair out......i'm 3 months in
laugh.gif
......probably wait till june before i get them twisted

just started growing my hair out......i'm 3 months in
laugh.gif
......probably wait till june before i get them twisted

^ same here. I cut my dreads in Oct, and been growing my hair back since, so I decided that around June I'm gonna get them twisted back so by December my hair should be fully locked. It takes about 6 months for my hair to lock, the majority of it.

^ same here. I cut my dreads in Oct, and been growing my hair back since, so I decided that around June I'm gonna get them twisted back so by December my hair should be fully locked. It takes about 6 months for my hair to lock, the majority of it.

Back
Top Bottom