NT'ers w/ locks, explain to me the journey of locks...

Like AiRodney23 said it really is all about having killer patience cause it has been times when I wanted to cut it all off but I just loved my hair too much. I dnt care about the whole dreads or locks doesn't matter to me

Thanks for all of this info.

Just got a cut today and I'm contemplating growing it out for a while.

I need to try something different.

Thanks for all of this info.

Just got a cut today and I'm contemplating growing it out for a while.

I need to try something different.

Originally Posted by reeeem0

been growing mine for 5 years this june.

ugly stage last bout 3 months, depending on how fast your hair grows.

you cant wash while their loccing up. after bout 4 months i was able to clean em without them coming out n %@#@.

*#+!*!@ love em.

dreads get as dirty as you let them. i only wash mine when im getting them retwisted (4 times a year).

the longer they get, the heavier and hotter they get.

the summers SUCC with em if you a heavy sweater. fitteds...psh...bring a towel woah

sleeping with these $$@$# be in the way sometimes too.

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
bruh u can wash yo dreads as much as regular hair now that they locked. & yea i hate when i be sleepin & when i roll over i feel my hair gettin pulled or sum of my dreads might be all in my armpit & %@@!
laugh.gif

you cant wash while their loccing up. after bout 4 months i was able to clean em without them coming out n %@#@.

*#+!*!@ love em.

dreads get as dirty as you let them. i only wash mine when im getting them retwisted (4 times a year).

the summers SUCC with em if you a heavy sweater. fitteds...psh...bring a towel woah

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
bruh u can wash yo dreads as much as regular hair now that they locked. & yea i hate when i be sleepin & when i roll over i feel my hair gettin pulled or sum of my dreads might be all in my armpit & %@@!
laugh.gif

As previously mentioned, the early stages are the most grueling. Your patience will be tested, even moreso if you play sports during the process. I'm not sure of the rates for locking for every person but it took mine a few a months and all I know is that witnessing your dreads beginning to unravel in the early stages is pretty wack, but if you stay persistent you'll be okay.

As previously mentioned, the early stages are the most grueling. Your patience will be tested, even moreso if you play sports during the process. I'm not sure of the rates for locking for every person but it took mine a few a months and all I know is that witnessing your dreads beginning to unravel in the early stages is pretty wack, but if you stay persistent you'll be okay.

do any of you retwist your own hair? tips?

my hair grows quick man and my girl always tells me she hates my hair unless it's neat, what to do?

my hair grows quick man and my girl always tells me she hates my hair unless it's neat, what to do?

Ive also gotten tired of getting hair cuts every other week (especially since I go to skool Upstate Ny n dnt trust barbers up here). Been growing since the end of sept and was considering going with dreads. Ive seen pics and seen that most of you guys have thick dreads. How would I go about getting thinner 1s (waka flocka style)?

Ive also gotten tired of getting hair cuts every other week (especially since I go to skool Upstate Ny n dnt trust barbers up here). Been growing since the end of sept and was considering going with dreads. Ive seen pics and seen that most of you guys have thick dreads. How would I go about getting thinner 1s (waka flocka style)?

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

yea i used to retwist my own dreads. just wash em & twist the new growth, its pretty simple really. & to dude above me, if u wanna get thinner dreads just get a whole buncha lil #@* twist when u start em out & get em retwist regularly. often enough to where they dont grow together at the root

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

yea i used to retwist my own dreads. just wash em & twist the new growth, its pretty simple really. & to dude above me, if u wanna get thinner dreads just get a whole buncha lil #@* twist when u start em out & get em retwist regularly. often enough to where they dont grow together at the root

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

If you want them to be smaller, all you gotta do is when you get them twisted for the first time just make sure you let whoever know that's doing the twisting that you want smaller dreads and to do them small, which will require more actual dreads of course.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

If you want them to be smaller, all you gotta do is when you get them twisted for the first time just make sure you let whoever know that's doing the twisting that you want smaller dreads and to do them small, which will require more actual dreads of course.

Originally Posted by eashawty

*#+!*!@ love em.

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
bruh u can wash yo dreads as much as regular hair now that they locked. & yea i hate when i be sleepin & when i roll over i feel my hair gettin pulled or sum of my dreads might be all in my armpi
laugh.gif
i know i just wait for whoever thatll do them to wash em. i get pleasure in seeing janks clean my long, filthy dreads
pimp.gif

btw from the %!*@* that handles my hair, smoking piff fuccs with the texture and some more @$%! of new growth. thins the hair, any truth to this
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eashawty

*#+!*!@ love em.

and *#+!*!@ love em
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
bruh u can wash yo dreads as much as regular hair now that they locked. & yea i hate when i be sleepin & when i roll over i feel my hair gettin pulled or sum of my dreads might be all in my armpi
laugh.gif
i know i just wait for whoever thatll do them to wash em. i get pleasure in seeing janks clean my long, filthy dreads
pimp.gif

btw from the %!*@* that handles my hair, smoking piff fuccs with the texture and some more @$%! of new growth. thins the hair, any truth to this
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

Originally Posted by oidreez

So can u still get tapered in the process or not

yes

Can u taper the back because i just did after growing my hair out for 5 months n I feel like I f'ed up

pics?
pics of wat, i didnt dread it yet, i just have long hair with a taper on the sides and back...

Originally Posted by oidreez

So can u still get tapered in the process or not

yes

Can u taper the back because i just did after growing my hair out for 5 months n I feel like I f'ed up

pics?
pics of wat, i didnt dread it yet, i just have long hair with a taper on the sides and back...

Back
Top Bottom