NT'ers w/ locks, explain to me the journey of locks...

Originally Posted by doin90onthefreeway

is it true you can't wash them?
indifferent.gif

No, that is not true. Dreads are supposed to be washed at least twice a month. Washing is to become more frequent the longer you hair becomes. 

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

"Dreads" is a disparaging term FYI.
You should change the title to NTer's with locks.

This...also you have to wash just like you normally except you can't regular shampoo. More organic shampoo.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

"Dreads" is a disparaging term FYI.
You should change the title to NTer's with locks.

This...also you have to wash just like you normally except you can't regular shampoo. More organic shampoo.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

If you're tired of getting haircuts, I'm not sure you'd have the patience to deal with dreads
laugh.gif
That's why I'm not sure yet.

I'm just looking for info (which I haven't gotten yet).

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

If you're tired of getting haircuts, I'm not sure you'd have the patience to deal with dreads
laugh.gif
That's why I'm not sure yet.

I'm just looking for info (which I haven't gotten yet).

My dreads journey is pretty exciting being that I dont get my dreads twisted like everybody wants to now.  In the begininng the 1-6" stage I was ready for it to grow grow grow lol
eyes.gif
 but i wouldnt consider it ugly.  Around about 3" into my hair growing it got wild and my friends gave me a nickname for my wild hair...SIDESHOW BOB and they was telling me how they couldnt do it and I needed to my dreads retwisted and why do I let them connect and grow together (I didnt let them connect like the rapper Murs though that would have been too wild for me
eek.gif
). Its now 3 years and 11 months about to go on into 4 years in March and I still havent got my dreads retwisted
pimp.gif
.  Because of my natural dreads I have alot of people thinking I smoke alot which I dont and some people walk up to me and ask me how do I do it, how do I wash my hair (which I do), Is my dreads heavy, do you have anybody to twist your dreads because i know somebody who can twist them for cheap.  I think you should just do what you feel like and forget others info because you might have a different experience or view than everybody else and see how it turns out for you man and if it doesnt workout your not stuck with the hairstyle you can always cut it and try another one
grin.gif

My dreads journey is pretty exciting being that I dont get my dreads twisted like everybody wants to now.  In the begininng the 1-6" stage I was ready for it to grow grow grow lol
eyes.gif
 but i wouldnt consider it ugly.  Around about 3" into my hair growing it got wild and my friends gave me a nickname for my wild hair...SIDESHOW BOB and they was telling me how they couldnt do it and I needed to my dreads retwisted and why do I let them connect and grow together (I didnt let them connect like the rapper Murs though that would have been too wild for me
eek.gif
). Its now 3 years and 11 months about to go on into 4 years in March and I still havent got my dreads retwisted
pimp.gif
.  Because of my natural dreads I have alot of people thinking I smoke alot which I dont and some people walk up to me and ask me how do I do it, how do I wash my hair (which I do), Is my dreads heavy, do you have anybody to twist your dreads because i know somebody who can twist them for cheap.  I think you should just do what you feel like and forget others info because you might have a different experience or view than everybody else and see how it turns out for you man and if it doesnt workout your not stuck with the hairstyle you can always cut it and try another one
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Just because you have dreads you aren't a Rasta.
this...i had my dreads for 4 1/2 years tho. u gon have to go thru a ugly stage too, mine lasted like 8-10 months. %#$% love my hair now tho & its longer than most females hair. to dude above me, it sound like u got them free form locks. i always wanted mine to be free form, u think its too late for that now?

this...i had my dreads for 4 1/2 years tho. u gon have to go thru a ugly stage too, mine lasted like 8-10 months. %#$% love my hair now tho & its longer than most females hair. to dude above me, it sound like u got them free form locks. i always wanted mine to be free form, u think its too late for that now?

I know.

I changed the title because someone said nters with locks don't like the term dreads.

Let me change it again.........

glasses.gif

I know.

I changed the title because someone said nters with locks don't like the term dreads.

Let me change it again.........

glasses.gif

I kind of  have free form but they are not that bad looking to be free but its not too late....how often would you get your dreads retwisted?

I kind of  have free form but they are not that bad looking to be free but its not too late....how often would you get your dreads retwisted?

bout every month or 2, & sumtimes i twist em myself like after i wash my hair or sumthin but i suck at twistin em

bout every month or 2, & sumtimes i twist em myself like after i wash my hair or sumthin but i suck at twistin em

Back
Top Bottom