NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

Rims came with the whip. With the money I don't spend on leasing my car, I pay my damn bills. While in school I'm making next to nothing a month and I got bills b, rent, insurance, phone, electric, send some money to mom dukes when I can, little brother just got his first apt so I need bread for him; Paying for school out of pocket...it's a hustle, 3 jobs and still find time to troll y'all lil ******. It's real boi.

I don't have money, but I got that book knowledge, trying to put y'all on. Trying to save America, one financially stable person at a time. Things like leases are counterintuitive to financial independence, a contributing factor to the destruction of the dollar. A solid education combats this, making the world a better place because less people are dependent on other people/gov.

Just a man on a soapbox...just like everyone else, only difference, my ideas stand up to scrutiny, because I welcome it. I love testing my beliefs, helps me learn what my beliefs actually are. I believe leasing to be a terrible financial move for anyone, whether you got it or not, I wish the entire industry death.

Oh, you work in leasing? Sell me on it. I walk in your office, thinking leasing is dumb, why should I reconsider? Mind you, i didnt plan on buying another car in three years,but I do want a nice car.

Last edited:
And Keko I realize 300a month adds up but even if you buy a car you're STILL gonna have expenses once its paid off, probably around 150/month. Its not like you pay off a car then its a free ride except for gas and oil changes.

My dad paid off is his 07 TL in 2010 and I KNOW in the last four years he's spent more money on non-routine maintenance than the car is actually worth as of right now. I don't see how that's so much better of a financial decision than leasing a new car.
there is always an expense with everything you own. That's like saying I rather rent a home that buy one. Extreme comparison as the value for a home is constant but is still the same concept.

Your father got a lemon 07 and 08 are extremely reliable. My wifey has Type S and beside routine oil change and the timing belt water pump that you do at 100k that car has never asked for anything else. SMH ...extra money she saves a month is tide up in investment funds with a 15.2 avg return and books for her Masters.

Wow just read through the past four pages and all I can say is wow lol. If any of you have car questions regarding leasing/financing please ask me and don't listen to these clowns. This is what I do for a living and I love helping others out !
What company and shine in.

Last edited:
Wow just read through the past four pages and all I can say is wow lol. If any of you have car questions regarding leasing/financing please ask me and don't listen to these clowns. This is what I do for a living and I love helping others out !
What company and shine in.

Authorized Mercedes Benz dealer. I already gave my advice a few pages back too lazy to type it again lol. If you have any questions feel free to PM me brotha

Had a friend who's father wanted him to stunt and stunt hard! Went from a 07 mustang V6 Premium back in 07, to a 335i sedan, then 335i coupe, to da holy grail M3 in 2011 and now he has a chevy cruze. :smh: With all that money his dad put into leasing he could've just bought a used whip from the beginning instead of struggling to pay the cruze now.

The is really a futile argument. Its doubtful you would change anyone's mind. I just know that some people enjoy having payments the rest of their lives while others like to own the good they are paying for and invest that payment into something that actually acquires more money thus building wealth. Sorry but not all cars over 3-4 yrs old have heavy maintenance issues and if you budget and plan for repairs it wont hurt as much. Id rather pay 1000k on a repair once a year on a car I own and reliably gets me to and from where I need to go than to continually pay 300+ each month to keep up with the Jones'. Im older than 99% of the NTers on here but I will still take advice from my old man as someone said who in my opinion is a real Finance guy who was the top financial manager for one of the most successful and top Fortune 500 companies and he tells me to stay away from Debt and Payments.

Imo best way to buy a car is to get a slightly used certified pre owned car. You take less of a hit on the depreciation and you still get a warranty for any issues that may come up.

Do yall though

Last edited:
What kind of crappy cars dudes driving where they being up maintainance as money saved during a lease? Lol in 3 yrs all you will need is oil changes and tire rotations. All cars have a min 5 yr warranty for the big stuff, so how is enternally paying a car note ON TOP of insurance saving you money when you can buy a car in 3-5 yrs stash 2k for emergency repairs and profit all the money you would be blowing on a lease? If you like new cars cool but leasing is not saving money at all.

You mean they like wasting money. Just admit it's a waste of money and you are cool with it instead of trying to come up with some silly justification for how you are saving money by leasing over and over instead of buying the car.

This response is annoying and it forces me to assume people's pockets are small. If you think like that then umm everything is a waste of money :lol: :rolleyes

Just because the things you like to waste money on is less than the things I like to waste money doesn't make a difference :lol:

You can assume whatever you want to assume. Where you are wrong in your assumption is that you must think I am against leasing, which is false. I'm actually all for leasing but I can admit it costs more than buying a car and is wasting money. (especially a Honda/Nissan/Toyota, which are reliable cars with low maintenance for at least the first 6-7 years)

There is no scenario where you can go through 2 leases(6years) and come out ahead of a person that financed that same car for 5 years.

That's an unfair comparison.

Of course it's going to cost more to have a 2012 for 3 years plus a 2015 for 3 years versus a 2012 for the same time period.

I'm willing to pay more to have that 2015 model in 2017 vs the 2012 one.

There's nothing wrong with my car and I'm already tired of it after 2 years

So I currently finance and I am upside down / have negative equity on it. Since I decided to trade my car within 3 months of having it for another one. Now my question is can I go into a lease to get rid of my negative equity or just pay of the negative equity. I've had my car for 2 years now.

I prefer leasing. Don't have to worry about paying for any maintenance at all, allows switch whips every 36 months or less and u always have the option to buy at the end of the lease. Only negative is having to pay for any imperfection when you return the car.

IMO the only reason I would buy over leasing is if I drove out of town/traveled a lot

Of course it's going to cost more to have a 2012 for 3 years plus a 2015 for 3 years versus a 2012 for the same time period.

lol the logic when most company don't change styles for 5 to 8 years. so you have a newer car but most likely same style with minor cosmetic changes. like some already alluded to, that 2012 is still going to be as reliable . dudes acting like in 5 years they buying new motors and stuff .

rich individual lease car to keep up with appearance not because they don't have to mess with maintenance etc. they can afford it.

hell the rich people I know don't even own cars they have limousine companies driving them around and pay way more than owning.

I prefer leasing. Don't have to worry about paying for any maintenance at all, allows switch whips every 36 months or less and u always have the option to buy at the end of the lease. Only negative is having to pay for any imperfection when you return the car.

IMO the only reason I would buy over leasing is if I drove out of town/traveled a lot
what maintenance? oil change? New brakes? this stupid logic is tiresome. you are going to be cover for anything weather you lease the vehicle or you buy the same vehicle. further more there are plenty of dealers that offer free lifetime warranty on their pre own vehicles.

just funny to me your logic and you have a jeep as your avy. most people with jeeps keep them forever. lol

Last edited:

lol the logic when most company don't change styles for 5 to 8 years. so you have a newer car but most likely same style with minor cosmetic changes. like some already alluded to, that 2012 is still going to be as reliable . dudes acting like in 5 years they buying new motors and stuff .

rich individual lease car to keep up with appearance not because they don't have to mess with maintenance etc. they can afford it.

hell the rich people I know don't even own cars they have limousine companies driving them around and pay way more than owning.

You're assuming that I'm going to get the same make and model. Completely ignoring that aspect of the flexibility

It's like dudes in here can't accept people are willing to pay more for the situation they want.

I've never tried to argue that leasing is cheaper but the short leases are what appeals to me ATM

what maintenance? oil change? New brakes? this stupid logic is tiresome. you are going to be cover for anything weather you lease the vehicle or you buy the same vehicle. further more there are plenty of dealers that offer free lifetime warranty on their pre own vehicles.

just funny to me your logic and you have a jeep as your avy. most people with jeeps keep them forever. lol

What is the magical world you live in where people are only paying for oil changes and brakes on old cars? Lol

Cars 5+ yrs old that only need routine maintenance are the exception not the rule.

Lol the logic when you think someone is going to lease the same car 3 years later, what's wrong with you dudes? :lol:

Uhhhhh you do know I'm not Jay Z right? That's not me or my car in my avy lol.

And if you are going to call my opinion Stupid spell whether right.

The maintenance I was talking bout was more than oil change/breaks (never had to get breaks done in my 3 leased vehicles) . If a headlight,computer or anything goes out , I wouldn't have to pay for it. Also with a lease your car is pretty much brand new the length of your lease. In my 8 years of leasing vehicles I've only spent money on an oil change .

Last edited:
For the record if anybody cares, my grandfather is probably the wealthiest individual I know personally and he's been leasing cars for at least the last 20 something years. Sooooo yeah lol

Cool. I was speaking to the dudes saying that leasing over the long haul was cheaper than buying.

What is the magical world you live in where people are only paying for oil changes and brakes on old cars? Lol

Cars 5+ yrs old that only need routine maintenance are the exception not the rule.
Magical world? LoL .. I'm comparing buying the same car year model vs Leasing ... If you keep up with your vehicle that's all you will need until you have to do a tuneup and timing belt water pump. You get German cars and its a different ball of wax. Where leads to my other point that you shouldn't be leasing vehicles that you wouldn't be able to afford to buy.
You're assuming that I'm going to get the same make and model. Completely ignoring that aspect of the flexibility

It's like dudes in here can't accept people are willing to pay more for the situation they want.

I've never tried to argue that leasing is cheaper but the short leases are what appeals to me ATM

Nope .. I can totally accept the fact that's what u prefer. Get it ... I think the disconnect here is that I'm gearing my conversation to those that lease vehicles because their situation (money) doesn't come close to buying the same vehicle. Also gear to purple like me that I avg about 30k a year which a lease vehicle is not going to cut it. In addition it applies to me when I can don't care if I have a 2012 zr1 in 2014 because I'm going to keep it for ever.

For u it might work despite the money because you presumably can afford it and its convenient. Not because the same year and model is going to required much more maintain if u bought than lease.
Lol the logic when you think someone is going to lease the same car 3 years later, what's wrong with you dudes? :lol:
your reading comprehension is not good if that's not what you took from his original message .... In addition is funny that you are claiming play money and not realize that's what the rich do. They lease the same **** just newer ... SmH

Last edited:
For the record if anybody cares, my grandfather is probably the wealthiest individual I know personally and he's been leasing cars for at least the last 20 something years. Sooooo yeah lol

Correlation does not imply causation.

Wealthy guy buys a yacht/private jet does not imply that buying a yacht/private jet was the reason he became wealthy.

Back
Top Bottom