NTrs with Fat or Muscular Legs what Jeans you rockin???

Fashionable = the way they are cut

Never said that you can't look good in them. You're just going to blend in with the other 98% of guys with them on also.

Levi's pretty much cater to all budget. They got the $20-30 joints at Macys and the $150+ collabo joints at high end stores ie Nordy and Neiman Marcus.

Originally Posted by wj4

Levi's pretty much cater to all budget. They got the $20-30 joints at Macys and the $150+ collabo joints at high end stores ie Nordy and Neiman Marcus.
Any high pairs that fit like 514's?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by wj4

all da "high end" levis all fit like 501's...what they do is "retro" a 501 from a certain year to da exact specifications.

kinda frivolous to me, but hey..people like wastin money on things like that.

Originally Posted by RED FLAG

Fashionable = the way they are cut

Never said that you can't look good in them. You're just going to blend in with the other 98% of guys with them on also.

the ones you posted a pic of being worn........that's anything but a "fashionable" cut, that's the ill-fitting, too-wide bootleg cut thattrue religion is notorious for.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by wj4

all da "high end" levis all fit like 501's...what they do is "retro" a 501 from a certain year to da exact specifications.

That isn't true, the Levis Capital E varies in fit, from 511's to 501's to even 559's. You just have to look for the look you are after.

Originally Posted by wj4

^ Not true... Levis Capital E line offers fits from something similar to a 511 to something close to a 559. They are all American made, many are selvage. Theyare more "exclusive" (if avalibility matters to you), generally have a more complicated wash (meaning more steps to creating the worn look), and areabout $150 on up.

You are talking specifically about Levis LVC line (Levis Vintage Clothing). But to say they "fit like 501's" is a misnomer. Even a 501 from 2years ago fits different than the current 501. Levis is constantly changing their fits even amongst model numbers. A 1933 501 is not going to fit anything likea 1966 for instance. But a "frivolous" "waste"? I guess if buying a quality product made in America, created out of the same American Conedenim levis used for over sixty years and will last me 5+ years is a waste, I am happy to be wasteful. It is like buying a $100 leather belt. Sure you can getone for $14 at Old Navy, but mine, with the proper care mine will last me 20 years, you will get a year out of yours at best. Sometimes you actually do getwhat you pay for.

levis 501 changed they're flagship jean style a handful of times....nothing too CRAZY...

essentially its da same thing....if u wanna be a denim nerd and put a microscope on a pair of Levis LVC line then yeah you can see how they deviate from daregular line.

da Levis Capital E line basically cost da way it cost cuz its manufactured in da US so da cheap labor is out da window and da cost of creatin em' is passeddown to da consumer.

most of da premium things you pay for on jeans can be done youself if you just wear em enuff....

i like levis LVCs..im looking for a pair of saddlemans

seen here (only good pic i could find)

fit070308.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm a big dude 6'1" 270. I love the way Paper Denim jeans fit me. I'm not some kind of jeans freak or anythin, just sayin.

levis 501 changed they're flagship jean style a handful of times....nothing too CRAZY...

essentially its da same thing....if u wanna be a denim nerd and put a microscope on a pair of Levis LVC line then yeah you can see how they deviate from da regular line.

da Levis Capital E line basically cost da way it cost cuz its manufactured in da US so da cheap labor is out da window and da cost of creatin em' is passed down to da consumer.

most of da premium things you pay for on jeans can be done youself if you just wear em enuff....
^ I would basically disagree with everything you said here. Granted some of LVC's washed offerings are pretty similar to the regular prewashed501s, but I could easily tell from across the room the difference between the denim currently used on STFs and the denim used on most of the raw LVCs(especially pre-70's models). The Cap E's are more expensive because of the US manufacturing certainly, but also because there is almost always a muchmore involved process in creating the wash (we are talking like a 20 step process vs. a 5 step sometimes even) and because the denim is frequently hand wovenon shuttle looms (selvage) which is more expensive to manufacture.

As far as the fit changes, over the years the 501 has basically run the gambit of fits from the current 514 fit all the way up to a 569 almost. Not to mentionthe suspender buttons, the arcuate changes, the cinch back, etc., etc., etc. Those changes are pretty "CRAZY" IMO. Even the difference between a 2007501 and a 2009 501 is fairly noticable if you pay attention to how your jeans fit (lower rise, more fitted currently).

G-star Brooklyn radar joints, cause you can sinch the waist in a little bit at the back. My legs aren't huge or anything, but I always have to size up onjeans and pants and either get the waist taken in by a tailor or just deal with it. 501's don't fit me at ALL unless I got them way too big.

Glad this thread came up..I've recently been convinced to get some jeans that "fit" cus mine are way to baggy. Goin shoppin tomm to see what Ican find good suggestions in here.

514 and AE straight leg jeans are fine. IMO, skinnys are wrong either way so I avoid them at all cost

Originally Posted by jeenewed

Gap jeans. I hate how Levi's fit me and i'm not about to drop 200 on denim.

Levi's are affordable. But nudies and all that other stuff is too crazy for a college student like myself
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

essentially its da same thing....if u wanna be a denim nerd and put a microscope on a pair of Levis LVC line then yeah you can see how they deviate from da regular line.

da Levis Capital E line basically cost da way it cost cuz its manufactured in da US so da cheap labor is out da window and da cost of creatin em' is passed down to da consumer.

^ I would basically disagree with everything you said here. Granted some of LVC's washed offerings are pretty similar to the regular prewashed 501s, but I could easily tell from across the room the difference between the denim currently used on STFs and the denim used on most of the raw LVCs (especially pre-70's models). The Cap E's are more expensive because of the US manufacturing certainly, but also because there is almost always a much more involved process in creating the wash (we are talking like a 20 step process vs. a 5 step sometimes even) and because the denim is frequently hand woven on shuttle looms (selvage) which is more expensive to manufacture.

As far as the fit changes, over the years the 501 has basically run the gambit of fits from the current 514 fit all the way up to a 569 almost. Not to mention the suspender buttons, the arcuate changes, the cinch back, etc., etc., etc. Those changes are pretty "CRAZY" IMO. Even the difference between a 2007 501 and a 2009 501 is fairly noticable if you pay attention to how your jeans fit (lower rise, more fitted currently).
son ur a denim enthusiast, but most casual shoppers aren't gonna tell da difference especially wit da variety of washes da 501's offers.

Man, I've had this problem ever since I started working out. My quads are too big which makes it hard for me to find comfortable jeans. I wish I could finda way to decrease the size of my legs while keeping my strength but I dont think that's possible.

Originally Posted by Ricasho

514 and AE straight leg jeans are fine. IMO, skinnys are wrong either way so I avoid them at all cost
You sure this is you, or your "brother" being stupid with your account again?

laugh.gif

I've been wearing some Nudies for the past year and a half, now when I wear Levi's they don't feel as good.

Are Nudies really worse than APC?

I've been wearing some Nudies for the past year and a half, now when I wear Levi's they don't feel as good.

Back
Top Bottom