NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

the walther ppq m2 is a really well built gun especially if you like that polymer frame. i think its better built than the glock. But when it comes to that and m&p id probably go m&p just because i think m&p is more reliable and i like american built guns. the walther is cheaper but if u can catch a m&p on sale its lit :smokin
Yea it felt like a really good gun in my hand. I gotta double check my paperwork at home but I think I paid around 500 final for it and 2 boxes of ammo.

First person ive ever heard say that about glocks
laugh.gif

Sw m&p are straight tho.
never liked glocks. i mean for the price eh. but if im gonna go german hk usp or fn tactical 45
Not to bust your balls, but HK is the only German company on that list... Glock is Austrian and FN is Belgian. 
nerd.gif

I agree about not liking Glocks, though. I've never had a mechanical problem with one, but they just don't feel right to me.

I haven't seen it mentioned in a while, but for those looking for a concealed carry piece, don't sleep on the Ruger LC9s. It'll be the next gun I buy (someday, lol). Recoil wasn't bad, especially for such a small gun, and the trigger is way better than other subcompact 9mms I've shot.

Last edited:
Not to bust your balls, but HK is the only German company on that list... Glock is Austrian and FN is Belgian. :nerd:
I agree about not liking Glocks, though. I've never had a mechanical problem with one, but they just don't feel right to me.

I haven't seen it mentioned in a while, but for those looking for a concealed carry piece, don't sleep on the Ruger LC9s. It'll be the next gun I buy (someday, lol). Recoil wasn't bad, especially for such a small gun, and the trigger is way better than other subcompact 9mms I've shot.
Yea I haven't talked to anyone that said they were unreliable. They're just like me that it didn't feel right in my hand.

Ruger you say? Glock 40 is also considered subcompact right? Because i didn't like the feel. I gotta try it out though because I was gonna consider the S&W 22

Not to bust your balls, but HK is the only German company on that list... Glock is Austrian and FN is Belgian. 
nerd.gif

Yea I haven't talked to anyone that said they were unreliable. They're just like me that it didn't feel right in my hand.

Ruger you say? Glock 40 is also considered subcompact right? Because i didn't like the feel. I gotta try it out though because I was gonna consider the S&W 22
Generally speaking, compacts are the same width as full size models, but have a shortened slide and grip. Subcompacts are typically only single stack since they have a narrower frame than a full-size pistol and often have even shorter slides and grips than a compact. Two Glocks that come to mind in the subcompact category are the G42 in .380 and G43 in 9mm.

However, manufacturers can have different definitions, which are often bent depending on what they think will market better 
tongue.gif
 For instance, Glock calls its Glock 27 (.40 cal) a "subcompact", but since it's a double-stack (full width), it's not a true subcompact from a certain point of view. However, it does have a shorter grip than a typical compact, so I can see why they call it that.

Ultimately, the exact definition of a gun doesn't matter as long as it fits your needs. I just know that for my body type, a double-stack pistol is too wide for me to carry.

Last edited:
Not to bust your balls, but HK is the only German company on that list... Glock is Austrian and FN is Belgian. :nerd:

:rofl:rollin you right fam. but in my mind i always group them together for some reason. ive shot around 5 glocks and had malfuctions with 2 of them

Any mess with lwrc ar's? Went into the shop and the guy showed me a m6ic-di and told me it was a good one for the price

What a place to start my research? Or brands to look for? thanks in advance 
http://www.tactical-life.com/ has good info on a variety of guns. as far brands go, windham weaponry, colt, smith and wesson, rugar all make great ARs

http://www.tactical-life.com/ has good info on a variety of guns. as far brands go, windham weaponry, colt, smith and wesson, rugar all make great ARs
Thanks a lot. What about the brand lwrc? Is it any good?

RE: Glock reliability.

It's well documented that 40 caliber glocks can and have had issues. I personally had a gen 2 g19 that would stovepipe on me at least twice per range session. I also had a gen 3 g17 that ran great and shot well.

I say that to say any gun can be a lemon, and it's absolutely necessary to thoroughly test your gun with your carry ammo.

Last edited:

m4carbine.net is pretty solid for info.

Your best bet is to go with a Colt 6720 or 6920. But Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT, Colt are all known and produce a proven product. Those will run you around $1000 for a bsic model (you can probably find the colt for $850ish or so) Of those, I'd probably go with BCM, or Colt (just because the other ones are a bit cheaper).

For the money, Palmetto State Armory is ok. The S&W M&P is also a good budget choice. Those should be around $600

Also, I wouldn't mess with a piston driven AR personally. The DI AR is a proven platform, pistons guns generally cost more, compatibility, and not much needs to be done to it to make it run (assuming your gun is in spec)

Last edited:
RE: Glock reliability.

It's well documented that 40 caliber glocks can and have had issues. I personally had a gen 2 g19 that would stovepipe on me at least twice per range session. I also had a gen 3 g17 that ran great and shot well.

I say that to say any gun can be a lemon, and it's absolutely necessary to thoroughly test your gun with your carry ammo.

I agree with you, but ammo could play a large part in the malfunctioning of a gun. Some ammo leaves a bunch of powder residue and it causes the firearm to misfire or stovepipe. Also proper maintenance is key as well. Some ammo leaves powder in those hard to reach places.

Thanks a lot. What about the brand lwrc? Is it any good?
good brand but they aint cheap

m4carbine.net is pretty solid for info.

Your best bet is to go with a Colt 6720 or 6920. But Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT, Colt are all known and produce a proven product. Those will run you around $1000 for a bsic model (you can probably find the colt for $850ish or so) Of those, I'd probably go with BCM, or Colt (just because the other ones are a bit cheaper).

For the money, Palmetto State Armory is ok. The S&W M&P is also a good budget choice. Those should be around $600

Also, I wouldn't mess with a piston driven AR personally. The DI AR is a proven platform, pistons guns generally cost more, compatibility, and not much needs to be done to it to make it run (assuming your gun is in spec)
Thanks for the answers guys. The guy at the shop told me that lwrc was comparable to Daniel defense but cheaper.

I agree with you, but ammo could play a large part in the malfunctioning of a gun. Some ammo leaves a bunch of powder residue and it causes the firearm to misfire or stovepipe. Also proper maintenance is key as well. Some ammo leaves powder in those hard to reach places.

True, ammo plays a part. Powder residue won't cause an auto to stovepipe. Stovepipes are generally a cause of extractor, barrel geometry and magazines (feedlip angle and spring compression). Misfires are almost always caused by either 1)ammo (primer not going off, not properly burning powder, delayed reaction, squibs) or 2)issues with the firing pin (broken/damaged or gunk in the channel)

In the past 6 months, I've shot about 2700 rounds of handloads (147 gr coated bullets, 4 gr of WSF powder, S&B primers) through my HK VP9. I've never cleaned the gun, not when I bought it or after any range sessions. In my non professional opinion, more guns are harmed by overcleaning than undercleaning.

For those of you looking for that budget AR. Here is a recommendation from a reputable source. Mr. G&G said he picked up this AR for $599, and recommends it.

Thinking about buying my first gun, for home protection. Don't even know where to start...from the little research I've done so far, I should look for a full size 9mm. Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom