NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

What don't you like about it? I've been considering either this or a Ruger LCorLCP for the mrs, and was leaning towards this for the price.

It's just the fact that it wasn't firing. I was told it wasn't the ammo either. I just want a reliable carry gun. It's new so I didn't think i needed to clean it, but the range told me otherwise. I'll clean it and report back after I take it back out to the range.

I had about 4 light strikes. It would fire on the second trigger pull every time.

The bodyguard has a LONG trigger pull, take that into account for the mrs.

Last edited:
What don't you like about it? I've been considering either this or a Ruger LCorLCP for the mrs, and was leaning towards this for the price.

It's just the fact that it wasn't firing. I was told it wasn't the ammo either. I just want a reliable carry gun. It's new so I didn't think i needed to clean it, but the range told me otherwise. I'll clean it and report back after I take it back out to the range.

I had about 4 light strikes. It would fire on the second trigger pull every time.

The bodyguard has a LONG trigger pull, take that into account for the mrs.

Oh ok, I've read this on different boards about the light strikes and the firing pins breaking. Learning towards the LCP II now. Either that or the LC

I've never tried the LCP, but I love my LC9s, though it is a little bigger than the LCP. I've got the Pro model (minimal safeties).

I found the LCR (revolver) to be too light- my accuracy was poor due to recoil, but some people like them.

Just picked up a KelTec PMR30. Been wanting one since forever but since KelTec handguns can't be sold in CA unless you are LE, I had to wait a few years. 30 round magazine in a handgun is no joke even if it is just 22 Mag.

Shot one the year they 1st came out, like 5 or 6 years ago. Lightweight fun as hell, great sights. but it had a real bad habit of jamming(heard they fixed). Gonna pick one up one of these days.

Took the Bodyguard back. Went with the M&P Shield 9mm. I really have the gun itch about to cop a Sig P320 Compact too.

Took the Bodyguard back. Went with the M&P Shield 9mm. I really have the gun itch about to cop a Sig P320 Compact too.

Bodyguard is just too small. hard to grip.

I don't carry the shield unless Im using the 8 round mag.

good choice imo.

All newer pocket guns have that absurdely long trigger travel. The trigger is the safety

The LC9 wont be any better. Its for self defense . Shouldnt be trying to hit anything outside of 7 yds with those.

All newer pocket guns have that absurdely long trigger travel. The trigger is the safety

The LC9 wont be any better. Its for self defense . Shouldnt be trying to hit anything outside of 7 yds with those.
The LC9s (emphasis on the S) fixed the long, heavy travel problem that is widespread among subcompacts. I shot MANY subcompact models a few years ago and had pretty much given up on ever owning one due to their horrible triggers/subpar accuracy. Both LC9s's I've shot have actually been fun to shoot, and accurate, for their size. I was so impressed, I bought the Pro model for myself.

The first time I took mine to a range, the group I was with was shooting from 21 yards, so I shot from there just to see how I'd do. I hit a standard hangun target (~12"x12"?), which is comparable to vital chest area, 14 out of 21 shots (2/3rds). Not bad for its first time out of the box and for a 3" barrel at that range. 2nd range trip I was shooting at roughly 7 yards and it seems like I was shooting about 4" groups with normal shooting. More than acceptable for a CCW, IMO.

Last edited:
Shot a guys 9mm MP5 clone at the range today . So dope definitely want one .

Do y know what brand it was ? I've been wanting one for a while now, HK just released the SP5K here in the states but it doesn't come with a threaded barrel :smh: so 2500.00 for gun then 5-600.00 for the barrel when you can get a clone made on the same HK machine with the 3 lug barrel for about 1500.00

Anyone have a M&P15-22? I'm most likely buying one for some cheap plinking
Great rifle and is easily customizable. Almost anything you can put on AR-15 you can put on this unlike some other AR looking 22lr rifles (Mossberg). Will feed almost anything reliable. There is  one particular brand and type it doesn't do well with but I can't remember what it was.

Do y know what brand it was ? I've been wanting one for a while now, HK just released the SP5K here in the states but it doesn't come with a threaded barrel :smh: so 2500.00 for gun then 5-600.00 for the barrel when you can get a clone made on the same HK machine with the 3 lug barrel for about 1500.00

Here's a nice alternative to the mp5, that I've been considering. (Looks better IMO, too) CZ Scorpion EVO 3, with a faux suppressor. And it won't break the bank.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/CZ-SCORP-CARBINE-9-20-BLK-FS.html

Do y know what brand it was ? I've been wanting one for a while now, HK just released the SP5K here in the states but it doesn't come with a threaded barrel
mean.gif
so 2500.00 for gun then 5-600.00 for the barrel when you can get a clone made on the same HK machine with the 3 lug barrel for about 1500.00
I am not sure what brand it was I forgot, but he said he paid $1200 for the gun , $200-$300 for the stock, and a couple hundred for the ATF forms. He said he was all in about $2000.

If Im already spending 2k Im just gonna spend the extra to get a real HK

I know thats why I've been waiting for it to release here but it not having the 3 lug threaded barrel is what kills me. They'll probably end up releasing one with it down the road just to get people to buy another one. Lol

Even though the day is almost over, Happy President's Day, guys. Had some much needed time out in the field today. Here is our load out. The two AK's (Molot Vepr fm-ak47-11, and Century C39V2) ,the grey Glock 41, & the Glock 17 are mine. The rest belong to my boy. Hope some of you got out there today too.

The LC9s (emphasis on the S) fixed the long, heavy travel problem that is widespread among subcompacts. I shot MANY subcompact models a few years ago and had pretty much given up on ever owning one due to their horrible triggers/subpar accuracy. Both LC9s's I've shot have actually been fun to shoot, and accurate, for their size. I was so impressed, I bought the Pro model for myself.

The first time I took mine to a range, the group I was with was shooting from 21 yards, so I shot from there just to see how I'd do. I hit a standard hangun target (~12"x12"?), which is comparable to vital chest area, 14 out of 21 shots (2/3rds). Not bad for its first time out of the box and for a 3" barrel at that range. 2nd range trip I was shooting at roughly 7 yards and it seems like I was shooting about 4" groups with normal shooting. More than acceptable for a CCW, IMO.

After hearing reviews about the Bodguard's firing pin breaking among other issues, this is probably my next move for the wife.

So because you cant hit beyond 7yds im wrong?

WRONG

The trigger on your pocket gun is ***. Sry

The LC9 wont be any better. Its for self defense . Shouldnt be trying to hit anything outside of 7 yds with those.

So because you cant hit beyond 7yds im wrong?

WRONG

The trigger on your pocket gun is ***. Sry
You mad, bro? 
laugh.gif

What are you even trying to say? One minute you're saying you "shouldnt be trying to hit anything outside of 7 yds" with a pocket gun (I agree, pocket guns are for short-range defense, ideally 7 yards or closer), and the next you're telling me a LC9s (...a pocket gun...) is somehow not good enough because you think it can't hit beyond 7 yards? Not to mention I JUST said I was hitting 4" groups from that range??

Have you even shot an LC9s?
mean.gif
 Come back when you have.

Last edited:
Can someone point me in the right direction to get some new sights for my glock? Basically just want some bright ones that ill be able to see at night.

Back
Top Bottom