NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

ia47xb.jpg

First visit with first can.

Was sweet.

Bonus pic

IMG_20230202_064845.jpg
Enjoy the quiet addiction! You’ll always want to shoot suppressed after this :pimp: .

Damn y’all folks posting a lot of good stuff!

A few new pickups over the last few months. Got a few Rex silentium cans waiting in jail at Hansohn brothers that I’m sure I won’t see until fall/winter 2024.

7E3353EF-D134-44E4-AA06-7F171C32CF7A.jpeg

Bolt gun is a howa 1500 in a KRG Bravo in 6.5 creedmoor. Optic is a vortex pst gen 2 3-15x; dark lord of optics gives it a good review and it’s solid so far. Too bad I don’t have it centered in the ADM qd scar mount that I took off my large frame 6.5 creedmoor. So far with my handloads, groups are looking solid. Once I get the scope leveled I imagine I’ll shoot it a little better.

44AC6511-A7F9-4455-B2F5-5C3C2CBEF172.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2460D3C9-435C-4844-BD9C-1CCF6D3FA0A3.png

Last edited:

A few new pickups over the last few months. Got a few Rex silentium cans waiting in jail at Hansohn brothers that I’m sure I won’t see until fall/winter 2024.

Bolt gun is a howa 1500 in a KRG Bravo in 6.5 creedmoor. Optic is a vortex pst gen 2 3-15x; dark lord of optics gives it a good review and it’s solid so far. Too bad I don’t have it centered in the ADM qd scar mount that I took off my large frame 6.5 creedmoor. So far with my handloads, groups are looking solid. Once I get the scope leveled I imagine I’ll shoot it a little better.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Sheeeesh! The SP5 is “next” on my list but gawd damn, select fire MP5 is a league of its own! Its about time you pop back in here man, havent seen you post in a while! :nthat:

Just checked the mail and my ATF sticker pack from National Gun Trusts touched down. Fed bois lurking non-stop :nerd:
2ED9B9F5-F5D0-4D80-B4B0-868DA55D125E.jpeg

Sheeeesh! The SP5 is “next” on my list but gawd damn, select fire MP5 is a league of its own! Its about time you pop back in here man, havent seen you post in a while! :nthat:

Maaaan, I wish I had the $50k a select fire MP5 goes for. I’m with the poors so it’s just an SP5 with a magpul lower and Franklin binary trigger aka the closest I’ll get to owning a real mp5.

It’s definitely been a minute since I’ve posted in here! Been spending most of my time on gun forums and reloading for my rifles. But I see you and velle and a few others consistently killing it.

Ima have an update post from something I posted back in the spring that’s finally ready and shipping back to me. Consider me a disciple of the gospel of the gauge lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

2460D3C9-435C-4844-BD9C-1CCF6D3FA0A3.png

Dat sp5…

Just got my SBR lower back from engraving :pimp: . Anybody who needs it, Tar Heel State Firearms is absolutely world class. I sent my lower last Tuesday, they got it Friday at 1:39pm and had it engraved and on its way back with shipping label and tracking number by 3:30pm that same day. Straight up insane turnaround and craftsmanship. Threw in a bonus pic of the DD brothers :nthat:.
DC6AE35E-1B83-464D-8742-94386852F68C.jpeg
F8CBE6BE-D7BA-45E7-B51D-12EC1ABD56F4.jpeg

Last edited:
So with this new (pending) brace rule, and my want to already SBR my 300blk, I'm wanting to take advantage of the free tax stamp. Swapping the brace for an actual stock, is it as simple as pulling the brace off the buffer tube and slapping a stock onto it? Or do I need to get a new buffer tube assembly entirely?

ice shattered ice shattered thanks for the rec on the engraving - when I get around to it, I'll send my lower their way 8)

So with this new (pending) brace rule, and my want to already SBR my 300blk, I'm wanting to take advantage of the free tax stamp. Swapping the brace for an actual stock, is it as simple as pulling the brace off the buffer tube and slapping a stock onto it? Or do I need to get a new buffer tube assembly entirely?

ice shattered ice shattered thanks for the rec on the engraving - when I get around to it, I'll send my lower their way 8)
Yes sir, when you apply you’ll essentially wait for approval then take off your brace and put on your stock no buffer tube swap needed. You’d think since they're the same in the eyes of the ATF it wouldn’t matter. Also be advised if you want the actual tax stamp for sentimental reasons etc. the amnesty applications don’t get one, its just an approved form with the tax exempt box checked. Im glad I could help on the engraving, its a headache finding reputable people and taking a chance but these guys are 100% worth every penny.

Yes sir, when you apply you’ll essentially wait for approval then take off your brace and put on your stock no buffer tube swap needed. You’d think since they're the same in the eyes of the ATF it wouldn’t matter. Also be advised if you want the actual tax stamp for sentimental reasons etc. the amnesty applications don’t get one, its just an approved form with the tax exempt box checked. Im glad I could help on the engraving, its a headache finding reputable people and taking a chance but these guys are 100% worth every penny.
Thanks man. Yeah idc about having a stamp on hand since the form will have the exemption box checked. Good to know and confirm the ease of swapping out parts 8)

What free tax stamp?

What free tax stamp?
Waived fee, I guess? If you had a braced pistol prior to the rule posting you can (have to? Depending on lawsuit outcomes) file a form 1 to SBR the pistol and have the stamp fee waived. If I'm understanding correctly.

Either way, I was already planning on SBRing mine, so I'm planning on filing the form 1 in the very near future while the exemption is active.

Waived fee, I guess? If you had a braced pistol prior to the rule posting you can (have to? Depending on lawsuit outcomes) file a form 1 to SBR the pistol and have the stamp fee waived. If I'm understanding correctly.

Either way, I was already planning on SBRing mine, so I'm planning on filing the form 1 in the very near future while the exemption is active.
Oh, ok. I haven’t been following it too closely.
I’ll look into it.

Almost Bought A Scorpion 3+ Last Week At The GS But The Vendor Had Sold It Before I Got There So I Stuck To Optics, Ammo And Mags >D

How’d You Like Yours? Which Version Did You Have?

Considering Doing An FFL Transfer Still On One, But Then Again, REALLY Want That New 510, 545 And 15P :pimp:

Man tbh I'd skip it unless it's something youve wanted for a while and will keep as a collectors piece.

Without going into too much detail, it's a giant hassle, all-around.

Personally, I prefer the OG pistol to the 3+.

For what it's worth I took about a 200 dollar loss trading it.

I still have the barrel cooler, irons and aftermarket drop in trigger.

Supposed to be gifted a complete bolt....

All I would need is a barrel to 3d print one

Man tbh I'd skip it unless it's something youve wanted for a while and will keep as a collectors piece.

Without going into too much detail, it's a giant hassle, all-around.

Personally, I prefer the OG pistol to the 3+.

For what it's worth I took about a 200 dollar loss trading it.

I still have the barrel cooler, irons and aftermarket drop in trigger.

Supposed to be gifted a complete bolt....

All I would need is a barrel to 3d print one
Any Shot You Can Elaborate More? Particularly The “Giant Hassle” Part? :nerd:

DM Open If Better

Aside from the nightmare that is CZ USA

When they originally imported the evo the ATF said their bolt is too easily converted to full auto which required them to put a totally frivolous mechanism in to get import clearance

The firing pin block does block the firing pin from being manipulated, however, the design of the evo, in itself, is defective, in addition to the firing pin block thing.

The hammer is so hard and large whenever you cycle the bolt, it chews the bolt up. This can cause the firing pin block channel to become peened and stop functioning.

Completely aside from this issue, since the original design was full auto and had a weighted bolt to stay locked, the hammer will follow the bolt in semi regardless.

Cz USA'S OFFICIAL stance is that the ledge of the bolt, just below the firing pin, extrudes far enough to stop the hammer follow, which is by design, from hitting the firing pin, but I would put money that the owners here have extreme chipping and peening in that area on their bolts, even if they've only fired a magazine.

Basically, by design, the only thing stopping an OOB is a ledge that destroys itself as it cycles....

Cherry on top is when I explained this to cz they told me running a drop in trigger, designed by a former cz employee in the Czech republic, voids my warranty.

I'll prolly never buy another firearm from them.

They bought colt but only to turn over the us market to them entirely.

Again if you want a scorpion for reasons and don't plan on utilizing it as a serious platform this is prolly your last chance as I personally think they're stopping all imports.

The 3+ has AR style controls and is 100% made stateside. At most, they're importing the same bolts.

Apologies to evo owners but that's why I got rid of mine ASAP.

I got it because I was nervous about the rc2 cycling. After the brace **** I hit cz up to see if they would do right by me and they handled it the worst way possible. I do miss having a pcc but meh

/Rant

Appreciate The Insight!

You Certainly Sound Like You Know Your Stuff! :nthat:

Any Idea If Aftermarket BCG’s Help To Solve Any Of The Issues Outlined Above?

You Might Be Saving Me From Some MAJOR Headaches Here! :nthat:

Nexus is the only manufacturer of aftermarket bolts for the evo

They're almost as much as a new evo.

They make them out of titanium and have run them full auto in testing

The issue is that I got an evo cause it's a cool PCC under 1k. It has almost Glock like aftermarket support, but cz can say it voids your warranty at a whim when you install any of them.

I had about 1500 in mine without a sling light can or counting magazines.

To be fair OOB isn't super common and czs official stance is all OOB is caused by faulty ammo

But, me, personally, I tailor all my firearms primary on some SHTF ideology and def run quality over quantity (me and my lady only need so many firearms)

So with the brace stuff and the defective design always in the back of my mind I just got rid of it.

I woulda SBRd it before but something about registering the right half of a polymer upper for 200 didn't sit right

Was gonna do the free stamp but I wouldn't have been able to get it in my trust so my lady woulda been prohibited anyway

I'm ranting again but yeah anybody feel free to hit me up

I'm no expert but I'm a nerd who researches so intensely a sot I was mildly friendly with hired me, so, I know a little lol more importantly I'm not gonna pretend to know an answer and mislead you which is a big issue in the firearm community in general

You’ve Been EXTREMELY Helpful My Man! :nthat:

At Another $1500 In Improvements, I Might As Well Grab A 15P And Keep My FN Addiction Going :lol:

Back
Top Bottom