NT's "True" Hollywood Stories (athletes, too)...post up anything you got that's funny.

so im going about my business and my girl calls me, like babe guess who i met today at work? im like, "who?" shes like smush parker....then shes like no hes nice he gave me his auto and phone number, but i didnt accept it

Am I the only one that knew exactly where this was going after this part?

No you weren't the only one.
Classic NT, #TheSmushCalade parked out front,
sick.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I was at my part time job and Jeff Foxworthy came in to get some balloons. Real cool guy

I also do security for Ted Turner when he's in town

I went to school, and play bball with Kalana Greene of the WNBA Connecticut  Sun.  

I walked by shawty lo in the mall, girls was chasing him, I didnt recognize him and when I did, I kept walking,lol.

I went to school, and play bball with Kalana Greene of the WNBA Connecticut  Sun.  

I walked by shawty lo in the mall, girls was chasing him, I didnt recognize him and when I did, I kept walking,lol.

Wait....wha??

EDIT: Ohh 2 different instances. I thought you were lightweight revealing breaking news. :lol:

Last edited:
I've had a few. Nothing too too funny. A few that come to mind are....

Getting into an argument with Pharrell's bodyguard Big Ben (with Pharrell in the car) about how fast I was driving down 95. C'mon son. 15 over the limit is nothing.

Hanging out with Lenny Kravitz once. We did some radio rounds. Lenny likes to blaze. He takes me to a taco spot on South Beach (it was San Loco at the time, it's T-Mex now).
So we hop out of a limo and a dude yells "oh ****, it's Maxwell!". Muerto.
Go in and grab some eats and Lenny doesn't even have a dime on him. I had to buy this millionaire tacos. Ain't that a.....

Nikka Costa (if any of you remember her) tried to get me fired once.

If I think of anymore I'll get up.

I bumped into Kanye coming out of the bathroom at the movies around the time when Transformers came out. Dude was by himself at Phipps Plaza during the day. It was before Graduation came out. 

Me and my crew was at Spearmint Rhino LV for my cousin's bachelor party. We had tables, and around 1am $ Mayweather and his crew show up to the tables next to us. Dude bought us some hot wings and a bottle of Goose
nthat.gif

back in 99, i was with my friend and we ran into krazy bone who was looking for a bag. my boy was holding. but krazy felt my boy should give him the bag cuz he's krazy bone. son offered promo posters and tees after that idea was shot down. when that didn't work he said he had to go get money from his boy because he doesn't carry cash. walked off and was never seen again.

when yeezy was touring with U2 they stopped in my city the day before the concert. i guess ye wanted to check out the area around the hotel/venue and ended up walking into the pawn shop my brother worked @. they chop it up about music equipment in the store and he's looking for when we were kings on dvd. my brother decides to take his break as ye is about to leave. i forget how they ended up there, but he ended up buying my brother ice cream from a store around the corner. :lol: he even walked back to the store with him and took a picture.

Last edited:
i went to the gary williams maryland basketball camp when i was about 10 or 12....we got to watch a scrimmage of maryland team play thier b team...steve blake punched this kid that kept fouling him...funny moment cuz it was steve blake

saw yo gotti walkin round towson mall....iced out but with no security...gotti dat dude

Here's my story,

Dj'ed The Playboy Mansion in Feb, everything went well and all the artist were cool except for one. BUSTA RHYMES (one of my favorite artist of all times). Always said, if I ever get to see him in person, Im asking for a pic or an autograph.

So the night ended and I was packing up my stuff, I saw Busta coming out of the back where the Playboy Mansion keeps all the animals. I guess some of the security guards gave him a private tour. As I was pulling my dolly that had all my

equipment on it, Busta passed me and I said "Whats up Busta, Huge fan my dude". Stuck out my fist to get a fist bump and nothing. All he said was thanks. So he passes me and Im right behind him then I hear a guy say "You Busta, lemme

ask you something". Busta quickly turns around and replies with "NOT NOW SON, IM BUSY AND DONT FEEL LIKE TALKING". He turned and faced me thinking I was the one asking the question. When he saw that it was the

security guard that gave him the tour, he flipped modes to like "Oh what up B"? And gave me this "My bad son" look. The security guard took the pic, then Busta asked his friend/bodyguard to look at the guys phone and make sure there are no

videos of him in it. Security guard got his phone snatched like a little *****. I kept walking and I looked back and Busta gave me Duces. I just turned around like I didnt see nothing.

Not a great story but had to share. Not everyone wants to speak to celebrities. But when someone does, they should at least be nice about it and not be a jerk.

I talked to Sage Steele at a Walgreens in CT. She was nice but was looking real pale because she didn't have on all that makeup that they cake on the anchors before they go on air, but she was still looking pretty. She was with an older white woman who I assume was a relative.

I ended up seeing Stuart Scott at that same Walgreens a few months later....son was trying to be low key which made me laugh because I'm positive he is the last person most ESPN viewers actually care to speak too :lol:

I talked to Sage Steele at a Walgreens in CT. She was nice but was looking real pale because she didn't have on all that makeup that they cake on the anchors before they go on air, but she was still looking pretty. She was with an older white woman who I assume was a relative.
I ended up seeing Stuart Scott at that same Walgreens a few months later....son was trying to be low key which made me laugh because I'm positive he is the last person most ESPN viewers actually care to speak too :lol:

i see stuart scott all the time

he goes to my barbershop in CT

Why would people not like Stuart Scott?

I figure most cats would be trying to talk to the female anchors they find attractive, or at least cats who actually played the sport. He probably does get mobbed cause he is famous at the end of the day regardless, that was just my thought process at the time. Though honestly, his on air shtick is corny to me lol

Last edited:
U get a ****** up fade, too? :lol: jk, bro
*let me clarify the point of the thread...this is supposed to be about FUNNY encounters/stories you've got or heard involving athletes or celebrities.

i was just sayin tho

In 2004, I interned for the LA NBA Summer Pro League back when they used to host it in the Long Beach Pyramid.

I was assigned to be the "representative" (aka gopher) to the Dallas Mavericks and it was the summer they had drafted Devin Harris and some 7'5" monster from Russia named Pavel Podkolzin. I remember hearing team scouts break down players like a meat market "he runs on his heels, he's going to have back issues (prediction on Pavel that turned out to be accurate)", analyzing calf to ankle size ratio, etc. Got to meet Mark Cuban who seemed a real down to earth guy. Shook my hand, looked me in the eye and was genuine in thanking me for helping.

Lots of NBA folk came through: Kobe watched a game (Lakers had Sasha Vujacic as their draft pick that summer), Kareem, Elgin Baylor. The ONLY person I went out of my way to say hello and ask for an autograph was the great Jerry West.

Most entertaining "player" that summer was The Game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
He was playing on one of the independent sponsored teams there that would have undrafted or older free agents trying to impress scouts. He played like 3-5 minutes a game for a marketing ploy more than anything else. It was way before he blew up, but he and his whole entourage would pass out their "Black Wall Street" shirts/stickers/headbands. The one memory I had really soured me on him forever. After games, kids would always wait outside the locker rooms for athletes and ask for shoes, jerseys, etc. I clearly remember some these 3 little kids asking The Game for his shoes when he left. Not even sure why he needed a change of clothes since he didn't play or break a sweat. I'm pretty sure that was back when The Game had his "Hurricane" shoes too, but I'm not positive. Anyways, he tells these grade school kids, "Yeah, I left them in the locker room. You can have them." So the kids rush the locker room waiting for everyone else to leave so they can find Game's game shoes. Then, I see The Game open up his gym bag and show his entourage his pair of shoes while laughing it up. I mean, the guy was still 2 years away from dropping his first album and he was already trying to big-time little kid fanboys?! That was low in my opinion. Honestly, I'll always remember him for that. I'm sure he cares.

In 2004, I interned for the LA NBA Summer Pro League back when they used to host it in the Long Beach Pyramid.
I was assigned to be the "representative" (aka gopher) to the Dallas Mavericks and it was the summer they had drafted Devin Harris and some 7'5" monster from Russia named Pavel Podkolzin. I remember hearing team scouts break down players like a meat market "he runs on his heels, he's going to have back issues (prediction on Pavel that turned out to be accurate)", analyzing calf to ankle size ratio, etc. Got to meet Mark Cuban who seemed a real down to earth guy. Shook my hand, looked me in the eye and was genuine in thanking me for helping.
Lots of NBA folk came through: Kobe watched a game (Lakers had Sasha Vujacic as their draft pick that summer), Kareem, Elgin Baylor. The ONLY person I went out of my way to say hello and ask for an autograph was the great Jerry West.
Most entertaining "player" that summer was The Game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
He was playing on one of the independent sponsored teams there that would have undrafted or older free agents trying to impress scouts. He played like 3-5 minutes a game for a marketing ploy more than anything else. It was way before he blew up, but he and his whole entourage would pass out their "Black Wall Street" shirts/stickers/headbands. The one memory I had really soured me on him forever. After games, kids would always wait outside the locker rooms for athletes and ask for shoes, jerseys, etc. I clearly remember some these 3 little kids asking The Game for his shoes when he left. Not even sure why he needed a change of clothes since he didn't play or break a sweat. I'm pretty sure that was back when The Game had his "Hurricane" shoes too, but I'm not positive. Anyways, he tells these grade school kids, "Yeah, I left them in the locker room. You can have them." So the kids rush the locker room waiting for everyone else to leave so they can find Game's game shoes. Then, I see The Game open up his gym bag and show his entourage his pair of shoes while laughing it up. I mean, the guy was still 2 years away from dropping his first album and he was already trying to big-time little kid fanboys?! That was low in my opinion. Honestly, I'll always remember him for that. I'm sure he cares.
wait. it was before he blew, but he had the hurricane's? confused.

One time during football practice they put me on scout team to simulate the speed of the other team. They called a safety blitz and I'm flying up, see my hole, thought I was in there, and POW! Pancaked by Orlando Pace. Everybody thought I was dead,myself included. I was a 135 pound freshman and he was the same size he is now.
Funny to everybody watching, I on the other hand failed to see the humor

One time I was drinking Jack and coronas with Kevin Randleman and his brother on his birthday right after he won the UFC belt. We get the bright idea to jump him when he comes out of the bathroom. It was something we did on everybody's birthday. We were posted on both sides of the door and when he saw us he knew what it was. He pushed me and immediately slams his brother. He's messing him up and I'm like "See, you shouldn't have been playing around"
Kevin looks back at me and says"you better get your hits in now cuz you're next" So I start giving him half hearted body shots and he says " Hit me for real cuz I'm hitting you for real!" Now I'm hitting him in the ribs with everything I've got, thinking I'm doing something. I thought about hitting him with the iron, but he probably would've killed me. He shrugged me off his back and said " this is how we do it in the UFC." We stood up and he rushed me, gave me a belly to belly, and kneed and elbowed me in the thighs for what seemed like an eternity. The birthday jumping tradition died that day

I bumped into Kanye coming out of the bathroom at the movies around the time when Transformers came out. Dude was by himself at Phipps Plaza during the day. It was before Graduation came out. 

thats all?

fill in the details por favor

i went to the gary williams maryland basketball camp when i was about 10 or 12....we got to watch a scrimmage of maryland team play thier b team...steve blake punched this kid that kept fouling him...funny moment cuz it was steve blake

saw yo gotti walkin round towson mall....iced out but with no security...gotti dat dude

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom