NTWT 2024 | Happy New Year NTWT

Do You Prefer Yearly or Monthly Threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
roman-reigns-the-one.gif

Modern wrestling fans care more about initial pops than what will take place after.

Sure, Cody and Sami winning would have been great MOMENTS but as someone asked, "Do yall REALLY want to see Cody out there representing the Company week after week?"

I doubt it. And if folks are being honest with themselves, they know it's true.

Go run for the IC title or something.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

Modern wrestling fans care more about initial pops than what will take place after.

Sure, Cody and Sami winning would have been great MOMENTS but as someone asked, "Do yall REALLY want to see Cody out there representing the Company week after week?"

I doubt it. And if folks are being honest with themselves, they know it's true.

Go run for the IC title or something.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

I agree that Cody is a transitional champ.

Now I’m actually more interested in the Bloodline storyline going forward.

Uso’s lost the belts, I’m sure Roman will threaten them with the “you better win the belts back or else” talk.

It's 2023. Nobody is watching WWE for the champ.

Kane could be champion right now and they still would be sold to Endeavor.

Endeavor definitely looked at Cody and said ,"nah fam, keep this **** on Roman." :rofl: . It's like the UFC always booking HW fights on the main card.

I just don't see how you miss out on this opportunity. WWE always had a problem with booking their baby faces and you ultimately pass on the 2 biggest and most successful (booking wise) ones in recent history.

It's 2023. Nobody is watching WWE for the champ.

Kane could be champion right now and they still would be sold to Endeavor.

Correct: Kane could be champion right now and they still would be sold to Endeavor.

But Nobody was speaking on the WWE sale. Not sure why you responded with that.

Again, nobody really wants to see Cody Rhodes as the world champ. Seeing him Chase, sure. But nothing more than that other than that initial happiness that he overcame the odds.

Unfortunately that tends to be true with a lot of babyface champs.

Same with Kofi.
Same with Goatface.
Same would have happened with Sami.

Declined..Bubba you can’t possibly think I was being serious..You gotta lighten up bruv or your blood pressure is gonna give you a stroke..
Don’t give this man no money until he learns to appreciate a black Queen… posting those little pictures didn’t throw me off your trail I’m on your head for Umar

Endeavor definitely looked at Cody and said ,"nah fam, keep this **** on Roman." :rofl: . It's like the UFC always booking HW fights on the main card.

I just don't see how you miss out on this opportunity. WWE always had a problem with booking their baby faces and you ultimately pass on the 2 biggest and most successful (booking wise) ones in recent history.

Nah, I think putting the belt on Sami would have been an even bigger mistake than putting it on Cody. Nothing about Sami Zayn screams World Champ in WWE. Nothing whatsoever.

Shouldn't be view3d as two big mistakes by any stretch.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican taking a simple serve finish and turning it into a victory lap for “what it means to be world champion” is hilarious.

Main event was excellent. Wanted Cody to win but it’s far from the end of the world. He’s lost one match in year.

Eh I would have liked to have seen Cody win it last night. The whole crowd would last night seemed like it as well.

I don’t think if The Bloodline storyline would have abruptly ended if they all lost. You’d have the turmoil play out afterwards, the chase to try to get the titles back and everything in between. It was reported that they have been building Solo up to eventually be the one who takes out Roman indefinitely when Roman takes his long hiatus. I just don’t see it with doing it and putting the strap on him too.

Could just split the belts and it solves this. They've already redesigned one of the belts already and waiting to debut it.

Back
Top Bottom