Nuggets @ Mavs, game three. Dirk will get hot, no one else will.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Good job refs. The only time you want a foul, you don't get it...

Jesus...
Homie shoulda just grabbed Anthony. If you want to foul, FOUL.
That didn't look like much of a foul...yes, contact, but not much.
seriously, its like when players do a tiny yank on shaqs jersey and yell "foul" in order to get the call from the ref, stuff isridiculous, but apparently its what basketball has become
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

why arent people outraged that wright stopped before he heard a whistle? plays not over til the whistle blows, carmelo had like 2 or 3 seconds to set up hisshot after that attempted foul yet wright just stood there

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Jesus...
seriously, its like when players do a tiny yank on shaqs jersey and yell "foul" in order to get the call from the ref, stuff is ridiculous, but apparently its what basketball has become
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

why arent people outraged that wright stopped before he heard a whistle? plays not over til the whistle blows, carmelo had like 2 or 3 seconds to set up his shot after that attempted foul yet wright just stood there
laugh.gif
No he did not... He took one extra dribble and pulledup...
Melo telling it like it is.

Play until the whistle is blown.

Of course he is... It worked out in his favor...
laugh.gif
@ you ifyou actually think he'd be saying that if roles were reversed...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Jesus...
seriously, its like when players do a tiny yank on shaqs jersey and yell "foul" in order to get the call from the ref, stuff is ridiculous, but apparently its what basketball has become
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

why arent people outraged that wright stopped before he heard a whistle? plays not over til the whistle blows, carmelo had like 2 or 3 seconds to set up his shot after that attempted foul yet wright just stood there
laugh.gif
No he did not... He took one extra dribble and pulled up...

maybe not exactly 2 or 3 seconds, but there was definitely time to KEEP fouling, carmelo did some little baby dribble like "alright, ill take this freeshot", its not like it was some shot in the act of the foul, melo moved away and shot it, if anything id bet melo hesitated too after there was no whistlecause everyone knew there was a foul to give

Do any sites save and put up postgame interviews? I missed the ones for this game, but I'd like to see what Billups, Carlisle, Melo, etc said. Thanks.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

NBA.com Beats05

Just gotta give 'em time to upload.
Thanks. The first place I should be checking, but strangely the last on my list of potential candidates.

Carlisle was pretty livid in his interview
Melo was happy and said it was the biggest shot he's hit in his career. He was asked twice if he was nervous and he said no. said he saw they were tryingto foul but the refs didn't call it so he kept playing
Dirk said it was the worst playoff loss he experienced, felt bad for him

He gave one of those if he misses it i didnt foul but if he makes it i did fouls
You know how it go
laugh.gif

I like how he put his hands in the air which is always the "Im trying to convey that I made no contact" motion, then wanna argue that hefouled him after the shot was made...

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I kinda feel bad for Dirk
frown.gif
...played his heart out and not getting any breaks.

JA and Nowitness may or may not know how I used to take great pleasure in clowning Dirk.

But in recent years (maybe cuz his team has been struggling to advance lately) I've toned down my animosity.

And today, watching him walk down that hallway by himself, I actually felt bad for dude.

I've always appreciated Dirk's game. And the mind *%** that he's been through ever since the Finals vs the Heat has gotta be making him questionhimself, his franchise, and his future in Dallas.

Before this season started, I was saying the Mavs needed a shake-up by getting rid of Josh. But for some reason, Cuban stood pat. Well there is no doubt nowthat Dallas NEEDS a big change for the 09-10 season.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I kinda feel bad for Dirk
frown.gif
...played his heart out and not getting any breaks.

i dont he had kmart on skates twice and then he shoots a off balance fade away shot then the last time he throws up another off balance fade away shot

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

Dude bumped him then threw his arms up like he didn't foul.

Just grab him.

He threw his arms up because he didn't want the ref to call it in the act of shooting.

I'm sorry but i just saw the highlites again and it was too close to call for it to be a foul. It looked like to me he got a lot more ball then he didwrist (not to say he didn't get wrist as well).

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by kimahrioftheronsotribe

Dude bumped him then threw his arms up like he didn't foul.

Just grab him.

He threw his arms up because he didn't want the ref to call it in the act of shooting.

plays not dead until the whistle, he pretty much stopped playing defense once he made some contact with melo, no excuse for laxing on defense just like theyshould have played defense on the previous nuggets play too where they just let carmelo sneak through the lane and dunk it to make it a 2 point game - actinglike the game was already over at that point
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

it's funny, cuz if you watch nuggets games, Melo gets hit harder than that and hacked ALL THE TIME and one in every 6 or 7 are called. here you have a weaklittle bump on the perimeter, they don't call it. that's nothing new to Nuggets fans, but of course if you're a Dallas fan it seems wrong. blameyour dude not the refs. refs never make that call when it's against a player hacking and bumping Melo, lol. we see it all the time. yeah it seems messed upfor you guys, but that's on your boy, you gotta make an obvious foul.

i liked what somebody else said in this thread, it was one of those "a foul if he makes it, not a foul if he misses it" kind of fouls. that'sexactly what it was. a soft foul that often goes uncalled in the league.

denverairforce wrote:
i liked what somebody else said in this thread, it was one of those "a foul if he makes it, not a foul if he misses it" kind of fouls. that's exactly what it was. a soft foul that often goes uncalled in the league.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

it's funny, cuz if you watch nuggets games, Melo gets hit harder than that and hacked ALL THE TIME and one in every 6 or 7 are called. here you have a weak little bump on the perimeter, they don't call it. that's nothing new to Nuggets fans, but of course if you're a Dallas fan it seems wrong. blame your dude not the refs. refs never make that call when it's against a player hacking and bumping Melo, lol. we see it all the time. yeah it seems messed up for you guys, but that's on your boy, you gotta make an obvious foul.

i liked what somebody else said in this thread, it was one of those "a foul if he makes it, not a foul if he misses it" kind of fouls. that's exactly what it was. a soft foul that often goes uncalled in the league.

some of you just dont understand the circumstance. Mavs were going to foul and the whole denver team EXPECTED a foul. Everyone stood still after wright wentfor the reach.
"a foul if he makes it, not a foul if he misses it" kind of fouls, this comment is flawed because the foul was before the shot and the mavs wantedthe foul and was expecting a foul.
If melo missed and there was no foul i bet you nuggets fan will be pissed as hell.

I'm happy for Melo. That shot was incredible.

laugh.gif
Josh Howard tryin' to get at OG K-Mart was comedy. He don't want it.

My issue is they called 61 fouls in the game. That's a foul called every 47 seconds. They were calling every ticky-tack foul possible. There is no excuseto not call that foul based on how they officiated the rest of the game. Yeah, he should've fouled Melo harder. But it's still inexcusable to not callthat.

Back
Top Bottom